What Shael should fix...

Started by The Lady Shael, February 24, 2009, 04:05:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Lady Shael

So my spring break is approaching soon (week after next), and it's possible I will have some free time to work on stuff, like fixing bugs or development.

Please post here over the next two weeks what you would like to see fixed, details are encouraged. =)

Shael's To-Do list for spring break:

-fix sack and capture
-fix cloak
-grammatical errors =p
-research an automatic refresh
-finish Theme Admin
-start working on espionage system

~The Lady Shael Varonne the Benevolent of the Southern Islands, First Empress of Mossflower Country, and Commandress of the Daughters of Delor

RWLers, your wish is my command...as long as it complies with the rules.

Shadow

I posted this somewhere else, but it might be more useful here.

The attack type box (capture, sack, etc) still only affects 1 group (ei, 25% of your army). I suspect that the way you fixed the attack system was just to take away the ability to set any groups to anything other than 25%, which is fine, but you need to make sure that the single setting box affects all four groups.

If that's not how you fixed it, the fact remains that sack and capture only take about 1/4 of what they should, and capture only works every third or fourth attack whereas it used to work almost every hit.

All in all a pretty minor bug in the new attack system, kudos for getting it so close to perfect the first time :P
<=holbs-.. ..-holbs=> <=holbs-..

Firetooth

Cloaking isn't working as well as it should.  Basically, I have cloaked 233 times. My Networth is $147,132,468 but on scores it shows $89,016,036     -not enough is being cloaked.
Quote from: Sevah on January 02, 2018, 03:51:57 PM
I'm currently in top position by a huge margin BUT I'm intentionally dropping down to the bottom.

Ashyra Nightwing

Little grammatical errors. Like, 'You must specify a missions!'

Not really a high priority though. XD

Agreed on the sacking/capturing thing.  ;)

Shadow

I think there may be a turn bug in turbo - i went from 450 turns 0 stored turns to 550 turns full stored in 3 hours.

Ashyra Nightwing

Clan forums! Most recent topics should be at the top of page 1, rather than the bottom of the last page... :D

krazilec

this might be something larger, but balance indy and mage a bit better?

bjornredtail

Rewrite from scratch :)

More seriously, could you elaborate on 'automatic refresh'?
0==={=B=J=O=R=N=R=E=D=T=A=I=L==>
AKA, Nevadacow
First person to ever play RWL

"Program testing can be used to show the presence of bugs, but never to show their absence!"-Edsger W. Dijkstra

Visit http://frostnflame.org today!

The Lady Shael

Game balancing isn't really my area, Peace is in charge of game balancing.

Someone suggested an auto refresh in another topic...they didn't elaborate, but I was gonna try using it on the scores page.
~The Lady Shael Varonne the Benevolent of the Southern Islands, First Empress of Mossflower Country, and Commandress of the Daughters of Delor

Marell

Quote from: Shadow on February 26, 2009, 12:05:08 PM
I think there may be a turn bug in turbo - i went from 450 turns 0 stored turns to 550 turns full stored in 3 hours.

I've noticed little things like this before too, dating back quite a while (like a year)...but wasn't really sure if it happened or I just misread it, but several times before I've been online when I was certain I saw my stored turns get back down to zero, only for them to refill back to 200 at the next change of turns...perhaps thats what happened here with you Kyle?

Oh and Shael what do you mean by the espionage system?

Shadow

I don't know, I am not positive enough of my memory to say for sure if I got them too fast or not, it's just that at two occasions this round I was very surprised to be full turns and full stored.

The Lady Shael

I talked about it a little bit in my semi-retirement post...basically, whenever you espy someone, it will get saved and there will be a page where you can go back and see all the most recent espies you've gotten, and the option to share them with clanmates.

Firetooth

fox uncloak broke too

Cloak/Uncloak
Your cloaking power is currently disguising your networth 165 times.

I ucloaked 60 or so(it was 233 or so before)-now my net is not cloaked at all :o
I'm currently in top position by a huge margin BUT I'm intentionally dropping down to the bottom.

krazilec

fix dropping land perhaps?
*like make it you have to have the land for 12hrs before dropping*

I think this would help weaken mages a tiny bit

Firetooth

MAGES ARE TOO STRONG!!!!11111
Common arguement, but it is still true
Solo mage vs solo indy=well, mage obviously's gonna win.
I'm mainly for weakening mages/leaders, but only in a fair way :P