Turbo Top 10

Started by krazilec, February 23, 2009, 08:26:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shadow

That chris guy started smashing anyone who clanned, and hypnos got unlucky
<=holbs-.. ..-holbs=> <=holbs-..

krazilec

hypnos got unlucky!?  more like he's better off with mage ratios and unsurpassable net.
oh, and I finally made a oneman clan to hit the lower net people- jumped about 200mil net today ^^

windhound

-un-lucky?  Hypnos just had an overzealous land grab
Given what he did to sticker I suspect they were captures as well

Guy stole about 50 bil worth of cash from me via markettheft
He stole leaders from sticker and caught me with my shields down.  buggerhead

I took him down to 70 odd acers and Firetooth gets the death threats? 
I wanted the death threats = (
A Goldfish has an attention span of 3 seconds...  so do I
~ In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded ~
There are only 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't

Shadow

who, really? I wonder who he is. Market theft is a pretty promi-only idea.

krazilec

Quote from: windhound on February 25, 2009, 05:39:20 PM
-un-lucky?  Hypnos just had an overzealous land grab
Given what he did to sticker I suspect they were captures as well

Guy stole about 50 bil worth of cash from me via markettheft
He stole leaders from sticker and caught me with my shields down.  buggerhead

I took him down to 70 odd acers and Firetooth gets the death threats? 
I wanted the death threats = (
market theft!?  I thought that was impossible... unless you were also on.  and windhoud, are you Plus?
*i'm guessing that because of the food Plus has on mrkt.*

windhound

Nope.  Unfortunately a lot of good fixes are lumped in with turbo rounds and forgotten about on reset

Market Theft is still very doable, especially now that the seller's name is even listed.  The small bit of work related to finding who's stuff you just bought is gone.  You just buy and steal. 
The only thing he had to do was get enough leaders to get over mine
Major, major weakness of the new market style.

And yeah, Plus is mine

edit - I underestimated, he actually got 64 bil, sales from 4 bil worth of food at 16/ea.  tbh its not -that- much, but it annoys me enough that a kill was warranted, it -was- unprovoked and all.
Curious though, I wonder where the food went.  He had a decent amount of net before, and it didnt really change that much to reflect an additional 4 bil food.  80 mil net is 80 mil net. 
There are only 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't

krazilec

lol, i love your siggy thing about binary.  count me in the 01 ^^

and... that's something that'll need fixing.  still, market stealing isn't that bad of an element to include as long as indy's get their attacks also fixed up.  MT help discourage farmers, cashers, and re-sellers which should also make the game a bit more competitive.

I feel better now that I guessed someone correctly... I feel smart, LMAO

windhound

Eh.  I run a full-out leader strat.  I got marketthefted.
It means no indier can use the market as is.

We're currently trying to promote use of the market as it adds and extra dimension to the game.  If people know they have a good chance of losing everything they sell then they just wont use it.

No, markettheft needs to be eliminated. 

Storage is already taken care of.  You lose atleast 25% when you pull off the market, it may be as high as a third. 
Resellers are taken care of.  Just price your stuff fairly and it'll get bought.  I was selling a fair amount of food at 16/ea.  I accidentally put up a batch at 25/ea and its not selling.  Except for like 1000 odd, it was an even bil when it was put up =P

krazilec

lol, that was me who bought it.  yea, I guess MT does need fixing.  you should try running indy on turbo- it's hell

meestir amayzing

Quote from: Shadow on February 25, 2009, 05:40:49 PM
who, really? I wonder who he is. Market theft is a pretty promi-only idea.

the best player alive...

krazilec

Peace Alliance

Quote from: windhound on February 25, 2009, 06:47:03 PM
Curious though, I wonder where the food went.  He had a decent amount of net before, and it didnt really change that much to reflect an additional 4 bil food.  80 mil net is 80 mil net. 

Well, i did notice Snir's NW went up significantly soon after, plus that whole team has a fox.

Shadow

I don't htin kmarket theft should be eliminated, but I do think that we should bring market anonymity back.

windhound

Give me a good argument for not closing the market theft hole Shadow.
I fail to see how it adds value and/or fairness to the game

I like the new market.  It allows you to shop around, to buy from an ally and not from a foe.
It also gives you an idea of someone's strength, they cant hide things on the market

Market theft is still very possible with the anonymous market, it just takes an extra step and its not spelled out for you.
Just open one tab with the scores, buy from the market, then go back to the scores page and compare with the old.  The guy with the added net is your new target.
No thanks.  I dont see the argument for anonymous market either

Shadow

Market theft is a good balance - people can still use the market to store net until the end, and then have it bought to get massive cash, and that amounts to pulling, really. It just takes a bit more work.

Maybe it's just me, I don't know. I -really- like the FAF market setup - it's anonymous, you can't pull, but a smart person can still do market theft. If we ever get that type of market back we have the reseller strat available to us, and market theft is really the only way to ruin a reseller. Unless you catch them at some very specific times.

I realize the FAF market setup wouldn't work here, but something like this:

No pull, allow price edits, anonymity, and display market based on criterion. EI, a couple of drag down boxes with "amount", "price", etc. That allows you to still use it for the purpose of ally work, because they can tell you the criteria you need to buy theirs, and it makes market theft much more difficult in that you have a harder time targeting specific people, but not impossible.