Turbo Top 10

Started by krazilec, February 23, 2009, 08:26:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

krazilec

I don't know if its just me, but I find it odd that the top ten is almost completely controlled by mages.  Just oldies with great strats or a code inbalance?

Shadow

Both. Mages tend to be net storers, indiers tend to jump up in leaps and bounds but are unable to hold a lot of net solo. Also mages can easily destroy indiers, but sack and capture are broken at the moment so it doesn't go the other way.

And most of the top 10 is also vets.
<=holbs-.. ..-holbs=> <=holbs-..

The Obliterator

Wow im a vet  :D
Well im indy in the top 10 it can be hard but its able to be done
Watching people fight is fun...
...but getting involved is so much better

Peace Alliance

Some races are made to rank, some are made to break ranks :D

Firetooth

Quote from: Peace Alliance on February 23, 2009, 11:06:45 PM
Some races are made to rank, some are made to break ranks :D
Rats can solo as well as team :o
infact, team indying wasn't always around and once upon a time all rats were solo, now they just go team  :(
Quote from: Sevah on January 02, 2018, 03:51:57 PM
I'm currently in top position by a huge margin BUT I'm intentionally dropping down to the bottom.

Ashyra Nightwing

Ooh, does that make me a vet? Exciting.  Maybe I really am finally getting the hang of this RWL thing...

Blobfish

I AM IN CONTROL
Even though I is not in first :D
Worship the mighty Blobfish

Quote from: Blobfish on May 01, 2011, 12:04:37 PM
Economic Left/Right: 3.12
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: 7.59

Rights are for the weak.

The Lady Shael

Quote from: Shadow on February 23, 2009, 09:20:09 PM
Both. Mages tend to be net storers, indiers tend to jump up in leaps and bounds but are unable to hold a lot of net solo. Also mages can easily destroy indiers, but sack and capture are broken at the moment so it doesn't go the other way.

And most of the top 10 is also vets.

How is sack and capture broken?
~The Lady Shael Varonne the Benevolent of the Southern Islands, First Empress of Mossflower Country, and Commandress of the Daughters of Delor

RWLers, your wish is my command...as long as it complies with the rules.

meestir amayzing

when you sack someone with troops, you most probably spend more on the actual attack than what you are gaining, as opposed to stealing by leaders where you can steal WAY more then what you are losing.

simple thing is that the attack fore of leaders is better than that of an actual army.

the capture isn't as useless but you don't really capture as many leaders as needed unless they are full of land and leaders...

Shadow

I am 99% sure that setting your army mode to sack or capture only sets 25% of your army to sack and capture. You only get about a quarter of what you should, and capture only takes leaders 1 in 3 or 4 attacks. So I think the problem is that the game still treats that attack type setting box as only affecting one group.

krazilec

its getting really hard for me to run now  >:(
all the people at the top wanna drop land and land farm is really land fat (so is almost everyone under 50 mil networth).  I can't hit those people to get the land i need for runs, so everytime i run, I drop net :(

Firetooth

10     ?     Chris Hanson (#22)     0     $123,492,716     Mercs (War)     Marten     Mossflower

I'm a silly little noob ;)
Quote from: Sevah on January 02, 2018, 03:51:57 PM
I'm currently in top position by a huge margin BUT I'm intentionally dropping down to the bottom.

Shadow

if the farm is too low you can aid it up

Blobfish

Wed, 25 Feb 2009 13:10:14 -0700
From Vengence is mine (#22) (?)

you do realize that you are going to die.

Worship the mighty Blobfish

Quote from: Blobfish on May 01, 2011, 12:04:37 PM
Economic Left/Right: 3.12
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: 7.59

Rights are for the weak.

meestir amayzing

Lord Hypnos (#21)     Land:5,229 

one question... Why?