hounds of ulster's reign

Started by nivek the badger warlord, December 19, 2008, 02:56:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gen. Volkov

QuoteI don't have a problem with you volk, just juska, he was the one who blackmailed me.

"Join us or else" isn't really blackmail. It's more of a threat of violence, and actually not all that uncommon at RWL. Don't have to make such a big deal about it man.

QuoteNever really had a problem with the murders even, just the reason they were comitted, and i know your intel was bad, my problem tho is with juskas attitude and his arrogance in particular. He isn't the greatest thing since sliced toast as he seems to be implying with his message tone.

Eh, Juska has always been a bit arrogant. Don't worry about it. Bluster is part of the RWL environment, if you don't get over it, you're gonna have a lot of fights on your hands, and most of them won't be winnable. Thing is, Juska is a very good player, and while you have made some serious strides forward, you just aren't his caliber yet. You don't want to pick fights with him unless you absolutely have too. As for the murders, I was acting on bad intel, but I still chose to do it, so if you're gonna blame anyone for them, blame me. I could have questioned Juska more before I went ahead with it. So again, before you go and pick a fight with Juska, who has not actually hurt you yet, talk to me, and let's see if we can work something out.

Im standin up for myself, your welcome to join volkov.

Personally, I would say, let Juska do something before you come after him. It's not standing up for yourself when you strike first. Juska may have threatened violence, but unless he actually comes after you, it's just words. Meanwhile, if you hit him without any real physical provocation, you are the one bullying him. I don't want to be part of that. Besides, I'm already working with Juska, and I don't abandon my partners or clan mates.
It is said that when Rincewind dies the occult ability of the entire human race will go up by a fraction. -Terry Pratchett

cloud says: I'm pretty sure I'm immune to everything that I can be immune to...brb snorting anthrax.

Sticker334 says(Peace Alliance): OMG! HOBOES

Juska

I murdered half of Spaceman's networth once already, "The takedown is coming" he told me, well he paid for threatening me.

I tried to show him the error of his ways and offer him a clean slate, he turned it down, so be it.
Current Empires:

RtR: Juskabally #19

Wolf Snare

I hate to be blunt but I imagine it's the only thing that will get through to you both.

Back off now or you will suffer.

EDIT: might aswell deal with this publicly. originally addressed to volkov and juska.

juskas egotistical attitude will be the downfall of your schemes, if you really want to elaborate. plain and simply, if you two are going to attempt to bully spaceman on the forums, and twist your hostility into his problem, I will not hesitate to take you guys into the ground. I don't care if you take this warning lightly or not, just know if you keep it up I will not hesitate to destroy you guys. I have no problem going into a full blown war if you want to come into the situation as an innocent bystander. you should know better than to twist stories against an 11 year old kid. so what if he doesn't want to work with you, I dont blame him. You've both made it very clear that you have a problem with spaceman, and you've both murdered him. do it again, and I will come down on you both hard... and I'll bring an army of 15+ to humiliate /you/ for a change.
1. Fire Bringer (#22)
1. Jaturungkabart (#12)
1. Estranged (#50)
1. Fierce Deity (#17) 
1. bored... (#98)
1. Versace (#24)
1. Noah Calhoun (#10)
1. Day Old Hate (#7)
1. The Grand Optimist (#12)
1. Beast Mode (#7)

Shadow

Relax Snare, you obviously didn't read much of the thread, volk has been trying to patch things up. And if this thread is any indication at all, threats don't work on these guys (or just about anyone else who has been around as long as they have) so doing it is basically asking for a fight. In other words, what you are doing is utterly counterproductive to what you claim to want.
<=holbs-.. ..-holbs=> <=holbs-..

Juska

Spaceman is eleven? I honestly I had no idea of Spaceman's age.

This is the whole story in a nutshell.

I tell Volkov and Oblit to hit Spaceman 5 times on their next run to keep him in check, he was getting up in net. Hits to keep him down, I didn't want him destroyed or anything, just less of a threat.

Oblit tells me that Spaceman is on our side, which is complete news to me, just like it was complete news when you WS were somehow on my side as well.

I tell Oblit to have Spaceman message me, yeah I am egotistical and people don't just get on board my ship without asking me first, being asked first or heaven forbid at least telling me themselves.

Oblit tells me he speaks for Spaceman, in my opinion not good enough. Sometime during this Volkov murders Spaceman some, the 5 hits I had asked for.

Finally, Spaceman starts sending me messages. Mostly about how I turned an ally into an enemy and then telling me that my takedown was coming.

I murder Spaceman to half net one run, I then give him the choice of joining Oblit's clan and going back to square one, otherwise I'm gonna mess him up after he takes me down.

Spaceman didn't like being "blackmailed", can't blame him I wouldn't either. So now Oblit and him are working together, me and Volkov are working together and that is the end of the story.

Personally, I was going to ignore Spaceman, but Volkov starting defending me from him and Volkov I don't think knew the entire story.

Sure, I'll take the blame for starting the problem, we aren't trying to twist anything onto him. I don't care that I am now his enemy, good. Gives me something to consider while I run turns.
Current Empires:

Wolf Snare

Well Shadow, I may have come across a bit too forward, but I do stand by what I said.
1. Fire Bringer (#22)
1. Jaturungkabart (#12)
1. Estranged (#50)
1. Fierce Deity (#17) 
1. bored... (#98)
1. Versace (#24)
1. Noah Calhoun (#10)
1. Day Old Hate (#7)
1. Beast Mode (#7)

Shadow

Still, your approach here is the surest way to escalate this, which you say you don't want. A little more tact perhaps.
<=holbs-.. ..-holbs=> <=holbs-..

Wolf Snare

I said very plainly that I didn't care if I had to destroy them both to get them to stop. I am a friend of spaceman and they insist on picking on him. Tecnically if he is with me, then murdering him brings me into it, along with the rest of my allies. As I said, if they continue to be so bossy and agressive towards him, I will get involved.

1. Fire Bringer (#22)
1. Jaturungkabart (#12)
1. Estranged (#50)
1. Fierce Deity (#17) 
1. bored... (#98)
1. Versace (#24)
1. Noah Calhoun (#10)
1. Day Old Hate (#7)
1. Beast Mode (#7)

The Obliterator

and i will stand by spaceman too.
Watching people fight is fun...
...but getting involved is so much better

Gen. Volkov

QuoteI hate to be blunt but I imagine it's the only thing that will get through to you both.

Snare, you utter jackass. I was not picking on him! Read what I've written in this thread, you can plainly see that I have been nice to Spaceman. I have been attempting to patch things up, and give him friendly advice. I am NOT picking on him. Besides Cody, you should know by now that threats do not work on me. They never have. You should also know at this point that I am not hard to talk too, unless you really piss me off, I am usually willing to talk things out reasonably. You don't "have to get through to me", I'm usually listening.

So anyway, like Shadow said, this kind of attitude on your part is a great way to pick a fight with me.

QuoteI murdered half of Spaceman's networth once already, "The takedown is coming" he told me, well he paid for threatening me.

I tried to show him the error of his ways and offer him a clean slate, he turned it down, so be it.

Juska, quite pulling these stunts without at least talking to me. Your murders have totally defeated my intent in this thread. I was trying to resolve the situation, and you just escalated it further. Snare's statement may no apply to me, but it DOES apply to you. You are now bullying a new member of the game. If you don't start at least letting me know what you are doing, I am going to stop working with you. You made me look like a total jerkoff.

Spaceman, you were standing up for yourself, my apologies.

Personally, I was going to ignore Spaceman, but Volkov starting defending me from him and Volkov I don't think knew the entire story.

No, I had figured out what was happening, except for the bit were you murdered Spaceman to half net. I wasn't precisely defending you from him, just trying to resolve the situation peaceably.
It is said that when Rincewind dies the occult ability of the entire human race will go up by a fraction. -Terry Pratchett

cloud says: I'm pretty sure I'm immune to everything that I can be immune to...brb snorting anthrax.

Sticker334 says(Peace Alliance): OMG! HOBOES

Juska

Yeah, defending me can do that you  :-\

Wolf Snare, if you want to fight us, well fight us. But please don't try to use this as justification for your actions.
Current Empires:

TheSpaceman

A few things id like to add to this.
1. Juska, if you wanted confirmation from me about whose side i was on why didn't you ask me, you dont like me using messengers yet you do.
2. Im 21, not 11, but oh well, thats life, miscomunications happen.
3. The takedown was in fact never a direct attack by me, im not stupid enough to try to take you down solo, it was in fact several other things that i have been informed of and won't reveal at this time.
4. You offered me a clean slate, this is true, but i didn't need it, i didn't do anything, you murder me and then offer me a clean slate? Huh? That makes no sense to me at all.

To help everyone understand where i'm at let me put it simply like this,
1. Juska, you hit me when i was no threat, you made an enemy, end of story in my book, anything else you started by simply being unwilling to see this.

2. Gorak, i apreciate the fact that you havent been 'picking' on me, you have in fact tried to be quite concilatory and i never had a problem with you. I never approached you about this because, in my book, it was juska alone that i had the problem with.

3. I don't want a war, and neither do the rest of us as far as i can tell, so Juska, cool it, anything offensive for my part will be as a result of provocation against me or one of my allies.
Look up!

Firetooth

Strangely, Im backing up spacey too. Murder him again Juska and I'll murder you.
Quote from: Sevah on January 02, 2018, 03:51:57 PM
I'm currently in top position by a huge margin BUT I'm intentionally dropping down to the bottom.

Ungatt Trunn II

I'm not sure if me and my clan should remain neutral or choose a side... but all this sound much more exciting than what I'm seeing now.
DIE HIPPIE DIE

Juska

Quote from: TheSpaceman on December 23, 2008, 08:02:18 AM
A few things id like to add to this.
1. Juska, if you wanted confirmation from me about whose side i was on why didn't you ask me, you dont like me using messengers yet you do.
4. You offered me a clean slate, this is true, but i didn't need it, i didn't do anything, you murder me and then offer me a clean slate? Huh? That makes no sense to me at all.

1. I had no need to for you to be on my side, I did not ask you to be on my side, you through Oblit assumed that you were. It is not my job to ask you, it was your job to ask me.

4. You threatened me with a takedown in a manner that made it seem like a promise more than a threat, that and you declared yourself an enemy because I told 2 people to hit you 5 times each, ridiculous considering how many attacks people take here. Don't call yourself my enemy, threaten me, and then call be the bad guy for taking appropriate measures.
Current Empires: