hounds of ulster's reign

Started by nivek the badger warlord, December 19, 2008, 02:56:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Peace Alliance

Shadow

I scrape up a fair bit each run, I just don't hold it. And people seem to use me for target practice for some reason, I'm almost thinking someone has a grudge.
<=holbs-.. ..-holbs=> <=holbs-..

Firetooth

If you're a leader it can be good to spread if you want less chance of people seizing power as less net can be made.
Quote from: Sevah on January 02, 2018, 03:51:57 PM
I'm currently in top position by a huge margin BUT I'm intentionally dropping down to the bottom.

Peace Alliance

Land is power for a leaderer too. The best edge you can have on other leaders is having more land. (or having /had/ more land when you ran)

Gorak

the spreading is kinda annoying
not as annoying as the fact that I keep getting hit under 10k which makes scraping all the more difficult
Victory without honour, is more shameful then defeat.

Firetooth

Quote from: Peace Alliance on January 04, 2009, 01:31:24 PM
Land is power for a leaderer too. The best edge you can have on other leaders is having more land. (or having /had/ more land when you ran)
Yup, but alot of people are used to runing 550 turns now not 450 it's suprising how much less you can do
Quote from: Sevah on January 02, 2018, 03:51:57 PM
I'm currently in top position by a huge margin BUT I'm intentionally dropping down to the bottom.

Juska

I drop half my land to the land farm after each run, I had 108k the last time.

No use letting someone who won't increase the land total take my land, by which I mean that person would not break 108k.

And since the land drop code is ridiculous here I see no reason no to abuse it until it's fixed.
Current Empires:

RtR: Juskabally #19

Shadow

Looks like this thread is relevent again =)

On an unrelated note, Holby calls me cute in this thread, and I laughed out loud when I read it again.

Gen. Volkov

Well yes, but I still hesitate to declare myself emperor or any such thing.
It is said that when Rincewind dies the occult ability of the entire human race will go up by a fraction. -Terry Pratchett

cloud says: I'm pretty sure I'm immune to everything that I can be immune to...brb snorting anthrax.

Sticker334 says(Peace Alliance): OMG! HOBOES

Wolf Snare

Eh, there's a difference between being a puppet and an emperor. Anyways, we let you have your fun for a while... Concider reg officially liberated. and btw, that is what will happen when we actually try, it's hard not to take down and emp, and you claiming to be almighty is just funny. emps dont work in this game until a certain point, and you guys didnt reach it fast enough.
1. Fire Bringer (#22)
1. Jaturungkabart (#12)
1. Estranged (#50)
1. Fierce Deity (#17) 
1. bored... (#98)
1. Versace (#24)
1. Noah Calhoun (#10)
1. Day Old Hate (#7)
1. The Grand Optimist (#12)
1. Beast Mode (#7)

Gen. Volkov

*Blink* The "Almighty Emperor" bit is from YEARS ago. In fact, it was from when you and I collaborated to make me emp.

Eh, there's a difference between being a puppet and an emperor.

Not a puppet, and you well know it.

QuoteAnyways, we let you have your fun for a while... Concider reg officially liberated.

Blah blah blah, congrats on finally getting off your rear and taking me down. It was mostly because our clan was too busy to get another run in. I had full turns last night, but no one was available to run with. Otherwise you would never have been able to suicide me low enough to break before you hit the attack limit.

and btw, that is what will happen when we actually try, it's hard not to take down and emp

It's not hard to take down an inactive emp. As I was.

emps dont work in this game until a certain point, and you guys didnt reach it fast enough.

We were close, we just got a little lazy and a little careless.
It is said that when Rincewind dies the occult ability of the entire human race will go up by a fraction. -Terry Pratchett

cloud says: I'm pretty sure I'm immune to everything that I can be immune to...brb snorting anthrax.

Marell

Quote from: Gen. Volkov on March 22, 2009, 02:23:12 AM
emps dont work in this game until a certain point, and you guys didnt reach it fast enough.

Its true...seemingly you guys had all given up, so the urgency had kinda gone.
Hopefully Blackfly will stick around for a bit this time and make it more interesting for us?

Wolf Snare

Quote*Blink* The "Almighty Emperor" bit is from YEARS ago. In fact, it was from when you and I collaborated to make me emp.

I wasn't referring to your sig, just pointing out that I personally wouldn't claim emp when there was a clan fueling you.

QuoteQuote
Eh, there's a difference between being a puppet and an emperor.

Not a puppet, and you well know it.

Storehouse, sorry.

QuoteAnyways, we let you have your fun for a while... Concider reg officially liberated.

Blah blah blah, congrats on finally getting off your rear and taking me down. It was mostly because our clan was too busy to get another run in. I had full turns last night, but no one was available to run with. Otherwise you would never have been able to suicide me low enough to break before you hit the attack limit.

I can honestly relate to the clan inactivity issue, but once we really decided to take you down, meaning full out suicides every hour of the day, there's nothing that really can be done. Just pointing that out, I know it just as well as you do. With the 72 hour clan boot, it's really difficult to recover solo with such massive army. Fact is, it really couldn't be prevented in this case, as even if you did run Friday, we would have still rode your leaders into the ground for 72 hours until next run, which leaves you with literally nothing. Suicides are overpowered, but nothing can be really done to fix it. We need troop training to be as effective as before.

QuoteQuote
and btw, that is what will happen when we actually try, it's hard not to take down and emp

It's not hard to take down an inactive emp. As I was.

You were far from inactive. Inactive was Ereptor in the dark ages after losing power for several days. You were on quite often in the past 4 days, and the only reason you didn't  run for the most part was because no one was there to run with, or I was waiting there to take you out. Still, not inactive.

QuoteQuote
emps don't work in this game until a certain point, and you guys didn't reach it fast enough.

If I were in the same position, I wouldn't really say that. The sooner you realize it is pretty much impossible to prevent, the better off you will be when it keeps happening. I know the drill too, it's not easy to do against active vets. My problem was mainly motivation to keep at you, as I have a life of my own. You could have slipped away, yes, but you were far from it at this point in time.

1. Fire Bringer (#22)
1. Jaturungkabart (#12)
1. Estranged (#50)
1. Fierce Deity (#17) 
1. bored... (#98)
1. Versace (#24)
1. Noah Calhoun (#10)
1. Day Old Hate (#7)
1. The Grand Optimist (#12)
1. Beast Mode (#7)

Gen. Volkov

QuoteI wasn't referring to your sig, just pointing out that I personally wouldn't claim emp when there was a clan fueling you.

I didn't. The most I said is that I hesitate to do so.

Storehouse, sorry.

More than a storehouse too. And again, you know it.

QuoteI can honestly relate to the clan inactivity issue, but once we really decided to take you down, meaning full out suicides every hour of the day, there's nothing that really can be done.

I have the records, it was three separate suicide runs, including the last one that finally brought me low enough to take down. I had full turns after the first suicide run, and if I had been able to run, you probably couldn't have taken me down today. You weren't doing suicides every hour of the day.

Just pointing that out, I know it just as well as you do. With the 72 hour clan boot, it's really difficult to recover solo with such massive army. Fact is, it really couldn't be prevented in this case, as even if you did run Friday, we would have still rode your leaders into the ground for 72 hours until next run, which leaves you with literally nothing.

In general you are correct, but given your actual activity patterns, it was our laziness and carelessness that resulted in the takedown.

QuoteSuicides are overpowered, but nothing can be really done to fix it. We need troop training to be as effective as before.

True, you are wiping out lots of leaders per suicide, with a fully active clan, it's right now next to impossible to actually set up an emp.

You were far from inactive. Inactive was Ereptor in the dark ages after losing power for several days. You were on quite often in the past 4 days, and the only reason you didn't  run for the most part was because no one was there to run with, or I was waiting there to take you out. Still, not inactive.

Not running= inactivity. I was on, but I wasn't doing anything. This afternoon was the only time I had the chance to run but didn't because I knew you were going to online me. If hadn't had to go to work, the run probably still would have happened, and we wouldn't be having this discussion right now.

QuoteIf I were in the same position, I wouldn't really say that. The sooner you realize it is pretty much impossible to prevent, the better off you will be when it keeps happening. I know the drill too, it's not easy to do against active vets. My problem was mainly motivation to keep at you, as I have a life of my own. You could have slipped away, yes, but you were far from it at this point in time.

I actually was close. Unclanned, there's only a certain NW range that could have hit me. I was getting very close to pulling out of the range from which you could suicide me. A few more runs and I would have been too far ahead for you to take down. I was close, but that only counts in horseshoes, hand grenades, and nuclear warheads. As is, you guys did to me what we were doing to you during the beginning of this war, because you finally became active again. I'm not being unrealistic at all.

Shadow

Hey, it's not hard to do a takedown when you guys put a former emp account on vacation out of fear of us and then take it off vacation after two days of amped up suicides since Shael got rid of troop training. Personally I wouldn't feel too proud of yourselves just yet lol. Without Bob's land, you would not have finished that takedown when you did.

Also, Snare, why are you trying to get a rise out of volk? Just about all emp efforts are team efforts. You make it sounds like that's a bad thing.