Regular so far, a report of sorts.

Started by Juska, December 16, 2008, 09:18:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shadow

About changing my opinions, I assume you are talking about clan hopping. My position has always been this: leaving the clan to emp is ok, because it is the only way. Leaving the clan to avoid retal is being a tool. This has always been my stance on that issue. I have supported eliminating clan hopping completely only because it makes people less likely to be tools, not to make it any harder to emp, although that would be a byproduct. Is that clear by now? It's not like we've never been over this before.

The rest seems like the beginnings of another forum flam war, which I won't start. If anyone cares, including you, you can find me on msn and we can argue it out.
<=holbs-.. ..-holbs=> <=holbs-..

Wolf Snare

nope, that's fine, no need to argue. I was comparing what you said to what actually happened. You have a habit of (unintentionally?) twisting stories depending on your role.
But now that people know that there wasn't some outrageous number of people helping oblit, (as you insisted) I've proven my point and can now step out.

Current affairs update, anyone?
1. Fire Bringer (#22)
1. Jaturungkabart (#12)
1. Estranged (#50)
1. Fierce Deity (#17) 
1. bored... (#98)
1. Versace (#24)
1. Noah Calhoun (#10)
1. Day Old Hate (#7)
1. The Grand Optimist (#12)
1. Beast Mode (#7)

Shadow

Oh you are talking about numbers. For a while it was only Oblit and Space, and it was you and bob along with them, peace stepped in a few times, etc. There were a few times where the whole group coordinated army storage and such. So yes, it wasn't a huge team working together, but neither was it only one or two people at a time. There were usually about 4 active players on both sides, with two others coming in and out as real life allowed. I'd say we are both guilty of exxageration one way or the other.

Current affaird update - takedown attempts managed to break, but both clans are in about equal positions at the moment. The balance of power rests very slightly with Blackfly, and generally changes hands each time the clans run.

Wolf Snare

Realistically, you seem to be thinking nearer to the beginning of things, when I launched the first assault on your team with a wave of followers. That kept up for a while and then everything went dead; there may have been others fighting you, but none were actively participating nor associating with us. What Oblit did solo was very impressive, but it was his dedication that was surprising. He never wasted a turn unless it was aimed at you guys, and I guess the reason i went off on you was because you were trying to discredit him in the form of bluffing the numbers. Either way, this all stems back to this rounds' discussion, which I do believe you were bluffing again. If you count everyone not directly affiliated with you (IE in your clan), everyone you've hired to do random standards on us to 5k....Count all of your manipulated "neutral" warlords you turned against us via your mass antiblackfly message, well, you've got us far outnumbered. If I didn't know better, I'd say you were panicking when we held the top; sending a mass message like that for constant backup seems...... desperate. ^_^
1. Fire Bringer (#22)
1. Jaturungkabart (#12)
1. Estranged (#50)
1. Fierce Deity (#17) 
1. bored... (#98)
1. Versace (#24)
1. Noah Calhoun (#10)
1. Day Old Hate (#7)
1. Beast Mode (#7)

Shadow

I am in university, I really no longer have time to coordinate things. Volkov is in the same boat. The rest of the team is spread fairly evenly over the globe. More people means less coordination is needed. No manipulation is involved though - you are locking land, which is bad for everyone. All I do is point them in helpful directions. I used to be able to set up runs with people from all over the world, now I can't really run outside my time zone and still sleep unless the other guys are really flexible. As you said, we adapted the strategy to suit the situation ^_^

Enough of I though, I am not even the leader.

Gen. Volkov

QuoteIf I didn't know better, I'd say you were panicking when we held the top; sending a mass message like that for constant backup seems...... desperate. ^_^

When you held the top at which point? After the first series of takedowns, or at the very beginning when I finally decided to respond you murdering me all the time? He started recruiting people to the cause, at my approval, that day. We never panicked. I simply got pissed off enough at your duplicity to actually do something. Asking for help when you are outnumbered 2 to 8, as Woof initially was, is not desperation, it's just prudence.

QuoteEnough of I though, I am not even the leader

Indeed. I am. If you have issue with how Woof has conducted itself, take it up with me.
It is said that when Rincewind dies the occult ability of the entire human race will go up by a fraction. -Terry Pratchett

cloud says: I'm pretty sure I'm immune to everything that I can be immune to...brb snorting anthrax.

Sticker334 says(Peace Alliance): OMG! HOBOES

Wolf Snare

Quote from: Shadow on February 10, 2009, 10:10:57 PM
I am in university, I really no longer have time to coordinate things. Volkov is in the same boat. The rest of the team is spread fairly evenly over the globe. More people means less coordination is needed. No manipulation is involved though - you are locking land, which is bad for everyone. All I do is point them in helpful directions. I used to be able to set up runs with people from all over the world, now I can't really run outside my time zone and still sleep unless the other guys are really flexible. As you said, we adapted the strategy to suit the situation ^_^

Shadow, your team was the first to even attempt to lock land, so don't try to play the innocent vigilante looking out for the games best interest. Other than that, I've personally failed to see any effective strategy work to hold any ground at all. Keep trying.

As to Volkov, honestly, adorable attempt at sounding ruthless and important, you even puffed your chest out a little bit.... As I told you ingame, your threats don't worry me in the slightest, and neither do your little egotistical rants about being in command. It's really cute when you attempt to boast about nothing; prove that you aren't just a puppet that shadow is propping up absent mindedly in his little spare time. So far you've done nothing significant other than try to brag about your commanding rank. Perhaps you should try to contribute your your clan and you may find yourself not be stuck in the same position everytime you run turns. I am trying my hardest to hold back my laughter, but Volky, you just make me smile.  ;)
1. Fire Bringer (#22)
1. Jaturungkabart (#12)
1. Estranged (#50)
1. Fierce Deity (#17) 
1. bored... (#98)
1. Versace (#24)
1. Noah Calhoun (#10)
1. Day Old Hate (#7)
1. Beast Mode (#7)

Marell

Quote from: Wolf Snare on February 17, 2009, 03:52:12 AM

Shadow, your team was the first to even attempt to lock land, so don't try to play the innocent vigilante looking out for the games best interest. Other than that, I've personally failed to see any effective strategy work to hold any ground at all. Keep trying.

As to Volkov, honestly, adorable attempt at sounding ruthless and important, you even puffed your chest out a little bit.... As I told you ingame, your threats don't worry me in the slightest, and neither do your little egotistical rants about being in command. It's really cute when you attempt to boast about nothing; prove that you aren't just a puppet that shadow is propping up absent mindedly in his little spare time. So far you've done nothing significant other than try to brag about your commanding rank. Perhaps you should try to contribute your your clan and you may find yourself not be stuck in the same position everytime you run turns. I am trying my hardest to hold back my laughter, but Volky, you just make me smile.  ;)

And again it seems you have taken things a little too serious in this topic, and turned what was a reasonable discussion into a flame filled arguement. Things like "perhaps you should try to contribute to your clan"...what the [haties]? You have no idea of the work he does or does not do...you are simply saying it to try to annoy and insult him. Why?

If we took your approach to these matters we could say something like "try being more dedicated to your clan.  You drift in and out of protection, as do half of your clan members, and its this carelessness (or perhaps you have realised the futility of challenging us) that means you will never achieve anything of our standard. your attempts are pointless and your excuses on the forums for your failures are fooling no one".

But we wouldn't take that approach  :wink:

Firetooth

Quote from: Wolf Snare on February 17, 2009, 03:52:12 AM

Quote from: Sevah on January 02, 2018, 03:51:57 PM
I'm currently in top position by a huge margin BUT I'm intentionally dropping down to the bottom.

Shadow

Most of what you say there is just a bunch of defensive crap that you know as well as I do is basically untrue, but I will take the time to address the accusation that I am using Volkov. First of all, he approached me - if he hadn't I would still be playing solo. Secondly, I don't use people, least of all my friends. People who help me do so without any promise of reward other than a bit of fun, which is what the game is about, and is all I get out of it as well.

Wolf Snare

You misunderstand me Shadow, I was implying that Volkov is using you to make himself appear tough while he brags. You are the brains behind the operation, Volk just likes to ride your coattails, take it as you will.

Do not misinterpret what I say Marell, I am not taking things too seriously, infact I'm having fun, as this is a GAME. It's unfortunate that you didn't catch my sarcasm and friendly prodding; competition stiffens when playful taunting occurs. Sadly you take my words at face value and become offended. It's all in the context of the game here, there will be an RP started soon and I suggest you participate. Get in character and have some fun with it, spice up the game, or face the alternative; the boring, redundant scenerio before us in which we are all growing tired of.

As for your claim that we will never achieve anything of your standard, well, I'd like to see you prove anything that you are saying. Call me egotistical if you may, but I happen to know that I could mop the floors with you all day long one vs. one. You too tend to lean on your role model to carry you through just as badly as volky  ;). The only one holding you together is shadow, and he is the only worthy competition out of the lot of you. without him coordinating for you, I don't think you'd even bother checking your accounts anymore.
That having been said, go ahead and argue back responsibly, and keep the insults relevent. Volk and I have known eachother for years, and we both know that in times of war all is fair, including provocation. For instance, I bet you want to prove something, don't you marell? ^_^
1. Fire Bringer (#22)
1. Jaturungkabart (#12)
1. Estranged (#50)
1. Fierce Deity (#17) 
1. bored... (#98)
1. Versace (#24)
1. Noah Calhoun (#10)
1. Day Old Hate (#7)
1. Beast Mode (#7)

Shadow

It's true that without the teamwork of the clan, none of us would be competitive, you are saying that like it's a bad thing. Without your clan, you would get steamrolled by Woof. It's that simple. Without my clan, I would ge steamrolled by Blackfly. What you are saying is basically that everyone in Woof appears better than they are because they have good teammates, but isn't that the entire point of being in a clan? I am able to achieve things in Woof using teamwork that I would never be able to do on my own. Does that mean that I am only a good player in a clan? Hardly, it just means that by pooling out efforts we all do better. Same for Marell and Volkov.

Marell and volk are both good players, I really don't see why you are bashing their ability. You very rarely play solo, although you are usually the top guy in your team, so the same could be said for you - you use your teammates to appear better. That's the point of team play. What's wrong with it?

Firetooth

Yeah, you "could" mop the floor with them, but you're feeling generous ::)
What I hate is people acting like they're really "in control"
Just speak through actions, not through words. You'll get more attention and respect (from me anyway)
I'm currently in top position by a huge margin BUT I'm intentionally dropping down to the bottom.

windhound

Well, it happens though Firetooth
Every time each side runs the proverbial floor is mopped

So, there are plenty of actions
Too many imo, continual murders get annoying.
I like to keep my flag, but its neigh impossible to stop a flood of suicides.  And its annoying to rebuild leaders every run, the things dont grow on trees you know.
A Goldfish has an attention span of 3 seconds...  so do I
~ In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded ~
There are only 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't

Firetooth

I was classing mopping the floor as complete wipout, not a "minor" murder spree.