Amorphis - House of Sleep
5 (71.4%)
The Do - On My Shoulders
2 (28.6%)

Total Members Voted: 6

Voting closed: December 14, 2008, 12:40:55 PM

Gorak

I can almost guarantee I listen to the heaviest stuff of anyone here
the first two songs I posted, I put them because they are good tunes that not heavy, as 99% of my music collection would get shot down

and Volkov, I'm putting up contenders that people requested, in the order that they were requested
which means you mastodon is in the queue
Victory without honour, is more shameful then defeat.

windhound

Wait...  you listen to zombie-speak Gorak?
I really have a hard time believing people can take "music" like that seriously, apologies if you enjoy it.
Give an example of something you would consider "hardest," preferably something youtubeable. 

I have a hard time finding the lines between some rock and metal.  GnR is apparently atleast part heavy metal (they also toured with Metallica), and so are, apparently, a few of Queen's songs.

I cycle through country, classic rock, and some modern rock, so I'm low to mid spectrum.  I'd submit Copperhead Road, but I assume you want to keep it atleast at the level of metal...  which I assume Steve Earl is not, lol.
Or were you open to most genres?
A Goldfish has an attention span of 3 seconds...  so do I
~ In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded ~
There are only 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't

Holby

I liked the two songs in the first cage match, and unlike a lot of metal, I could listen to it easily. Both of those bands were 'Metal' according to their wiki pages, I'm rather sure not every song has to be a heavy screaming wave of noise to be classified as such. So I find you slightly snobbish, Volkov. And it is kinda obvious that your interests don't branch out very far from heavy rock/metal. That makes you a sissy in my book.

I requested The Do because it was completely different to what Gorak posted. I think I'm in love with the voice. Mind you, the clip is terrible, but I think the song is gosh darned catchy. Listen to it a few times, it will consume you.

I will not deleted this

Briar

Quote from: Holby on December 09, 2008, 12:35:56 AM

I requested The Do because it was completely different to what Gorak posted. I think I'm in love with the voice. Mind you, the clip is terrible, but I think the song is gosh darned catchy. Listen to it a few times, it will consume you.

sure....if by "consume you" you mean want to do harm to myself to get the melody out of my head, than yeah, it does consume me.
At the risk of ruining Briar's career by disparaging her find of the famous Sackaleaderer horse...

Quote from: Ungatt Trunn II
Yes. I wear high heels Krowdon. Any tips on how I should do my hair?

Gen. Volkov

QuoteI liked the two songs in the first cage match, and unlike a lot of metal, I could listen to it easily. Both of those bands were 'Metal' according to their wiki pages, I'm rather sure not every song has to be a heavy screaming wave of noise to be classified as such.

They started out as metal bands, but they changed a lot in their later stuff, and that particular song would not be considered a "metal" song by many if not most.

So I find you slightly snobbish, Volkov. And it is kinda obvious that your interests don't branch out very far from heavy rock/metal. That makes you a sissy in my book.

I am being a bit snobbish I suppose, but it just struck me as amazing that people would find that song heavy. As for my interests, I've been talking about metal and heavy rock, and Metallica is one of my favorite bands, but that is hardly the sum total of my interests. I like folk songs, and punk rock, and old school Rock and Roll, like Elvis and the Beatles. I also enjoy Frank Sinatra and Led Zeppelin, who I think is more psychedelic rock than anything else. One my favorite songs is actually "American Pie" by Don McClean. Another of my favorites is the Irish folk song "Whiskey in the Jar".

Quoteand Volkov, I'm putting up contenders that people requested, in the order that they were requested
which means you mastodon is in the queue

Oh, OK. Sorry about the misunderstanding.

QuoteI can almost guarantee I listen to the heaviest stuff of anyone here

You probably do, though I bet I've heard at least some of the bands you listen too.

I thought the song was pretty bad myself. And not just because it wasn't metal.
It is said that when Rincewind dies the occult ability of the entire human race will go up by a fraction. -Terry Pratchett

cloud says: I'm pretty sure I'm immune to everything that I can be immune to...brb snorting anthrax.

Sticker334 says(Peace Alliance): OMG! HOBOES

Gorak

Quote from: windhound on December 08, 2008, 11:56:34 PM
Wait...  you listen to zombie-speak Gorak?
I really have a hard time believing people can take "music" like that seriously, apologies if you enjoy it.
Give an example of something you would consider "hardest," preferably something youtubeable. 

here's one of my favorite songs by one of my favorite bands
couldn't find an actual music video on youtube, so this will have to do

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4jmj_ochRjk

Shadow

I can't listen to metal. Alhough funnily enough, back when I had really long hair, I was asked by a stranger at a gas station if I would be the lead singer for his metal band.
<=holbs-.. ..-holbs=> <=holbs-..

kell

house of sleep sounded like the same noise from start to finish. the do's who i never heard of before were catchy and easy listening a happy out track.

i went to see metallica last summer not a fan of theres but the D were playing surrort great show
founder of eire

first emp on the new server

windhound

Yep.  That works Gorak...  much, much more than I care to listen to.
(btw, I requested youtube just for simplicity's sake, music vid or no doesnt make a diff)

And sorry Holbs...  I cant get past the voice
A Goldfish has an attention span of 3 seconds...  so do I
~ In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded ~
There are only 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't

Gorak

Marell

Nice song Gorak. Kalmah are great. Check out the songs Outremer and Bitter Metallic Side if you haven't already (though you probably have already seeing they're one of your favourite bands lol, but just in case).

I personally have no problem with the, as Windy would say, 'Zombie' vocals as long as they are backed up with good music. My favourite genre of music is Melodic Death Metal: ie, In Flames, Insomnium, Children of Bodom, Kalmah, Arch Enemy, Amon Amarth, etc, which all have 'zombie' vocals.