Champion or Challenger?

Amorphis - House of Sleep
5 (71.4%)
The Do - On My Shoulders
2 (28.6%)

Total Members Voted: 6

Voting closed: December 14, 2008, 12:40:55 PM

Gorak

Amorphis - House of Sleep won last week to become the champion, and now goes up against a new challenger this week

This weeks challenger, by request, is The Do - On My Shoulders

Amorphis - House of Sleep - http://www.mediafire.com/file/mzjmdl3gyqz/02 House Of Sleep.mp3
vs
The Do - On My Shoulders - http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=9bBkEQYdMM8

place your votes
Victory without honour, is more shameful then defeat.

Briar

I think The Do- On My Shoulders is a good song but the music video was just plain annoying. I also didn't like that almost the whole song was the same handful of notes over and over and over for 4.5 minutes.  If the song were shorter, it would have been a lot better.

At least Amorphis-House of Sleep changes. 
At the risk of ruining Briar's career by disparaging her find of the famous Sackaleaderer horse...

Quote from: Ungatt Trunn II
Yes. I wear high heels Krowdon. Any tips on how I should do my hair?

Gorak

Personally, I hated The Do
her singing was terrible
Victory without honour, is more shameful then defeat.

Gen. Volkov

Me too. I'm going with House of Sleep. Can the next challenger be a metal band? Doesn't have to be Mastodon.
It is said that when Rincewind dies the occult ability of the entire human race will go up by a fraction. -Terry Pratchett

cloud says: I'm pretty sure I'm immune to everything that I can be immune to...brb snorting anthrax.

Sticker334 says(Peace Alliance): OMG! HOBOES

Briar

Quote from: Gorak on December 08, 2008, 12:06:31 AM
Personally, I hated The Do
her singing was terrible

Oh, that was singing??  It sounded like whining in rhythm. Over and over and over.....
At the risk of ruining Briar's career by disparaging her find of the famous Sackaleaderer horse...

kell

the do do's!!!! lol House of Sleep are a bit heavy for my taste
founder of eire

first emp on the new server

windhound

How can you listen to The Do?  The lead singer was just...  urg.  Grating.  Reminded me forcibly of ling from Kung Pow

House of Sleep is fine.
A Goldfish has an attention span of 3 seconds...  so do I
~ In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded ~
There are only 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't

Martin the warrior

Who thinks that I am dead
Knows naught at all.
I-- am that is.
Two mice within Redwall.
The Warrior sleeps twixt Hall and Cavern Hole.
I-- am that is.
Take on my mighty role.

kell

ah come its not that bad *dl'in the do's album
founder of eire

first emp on the new server

Martin the warrior

Quote from: kell on December 08, 2008, 01:35:17 PM
ah come its not that bad *dl'in the do's album
meh. yah it was...
Who thinks that I am dead
Knows naught at all.
I-- am that is.
Two mice within Redwall.
The Warrior sleeps twixt Hall and Cavern Hole.
I-- am that is.
Take on my mighty role.

Gen. Volkov

Eh, I don't really care about a metal band actually, after seeing some comments here, I'd hate to see them lose anyway, because people here are sissy's. House of Sleep to heavy? Hah! I'm going to go listen to Master of Puppets now.
It is said that when Rincewind dies the occult ability of the entire human race will go up by a fraction. -Terry Pratchett

cloud says: I'm pretty sure I'm immune to everything that I can be immune to...brb snorting anthrax.

Briar

Quote from: Gen. Volkov on December 08, 2008, 09:26:20 PM
Eh, I don't really care about a metal band actually, after seeing some comments here, I'd hate to see them lose anyway, because people here are sissy's. House of Sleep to heavy? Hah! I'm going to go listen to Master of Puppets now.

Don't give up too quick there General.  If you notice the polls, it is still a tight race, with House of Sleep on top, so maybe not all of us here are sissys Okay?

Gen. Volkov

Actually I was laughing because "House of Sleep" isn't heavy at all. It's pretty much a standard rock song, similar in some ways to Nickelback and Creed. Compared to a Metallica song like "Fight Fire with Fire" or "Master of Puppets", or "Raining Blood" by Slayer, "House of Sleep" is like Little Red Riding Hood skipping through the forest singing Tra la la.

Anyway, OK, I won't give up, but it doesn't look good for so called "heavy" music around here. A song like "Dawn of Eternity" by Massacre would probably scar some ears that weren't ready for it. I'm not actually a big fan of Death Metal myself, but that is about as heavy as you can get. I prefer vocals that don't sound like zombie growls, or satanic mumblings. Just so I can have a chance at understanding what they are saying.

windhound

"Dawn of Eternity" cannot be a real song.  I pulled it up on youtube.  It was alright for the first third...  till the vocals started and I laughed out loud.
No, honestly, people listen to that?
A Goldfish has an attention span of 3 seconds...  so do I
~ In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded ~
There are only 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't

Gen. Volkov

Windy, it's a whole genre of Metal. There are more than a few bands who sing songs that are exclusively like that. I know several people who listen to that. Some of them even go so far as to say bands like "Metallica" are not metal bands. Trying searching for "Mayhem" on YouTube. Same deal, except the vocals are shrieked instead of growled. It's also a genre of metal called "Black Metal". They both grew out of the Thrash metal genre created by bands like Metallica, Slayer, Anthrax, and Megadeth.