MUSH

Started by bjornredtail, December 05, 2008, 10:01:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bjornredtail

The minimally useful shell.

Yeah, I get to write my own unix shell. With a bunch of cool features, like input redirection and pipeing. If I can ever get it working. It's 8 o' clock, T minus 4 hours to deadline. Will I get it work on time? (dramatic music)
(record scrach)
probably now. And who want's to watch me code for 4 hours?
0==={=B=J=O=R=N=R=E=D=T=A=I=L==>
AKA, Nevadacow
First person to ever play RWL

"Program testing can be used to show the presence of bugs, but never to show their absence!"-Edsger W. Dijkstra

Visit http://frostnflame.org today!

bjornredtail

AKA, Nevadacow

"Program testing can be used to show the presence of bugs, but never to show their absence!"-Edsger W. Dijkstra

Shadow

<=holbs-.. ..-holbs=> <=holbs-..

windhound

Urg.  I just spent way too many hours poking Verilog, my waveforms refused to squiggle correctly.  Fortunately there was an easy, if not quite intuitive, fix

Get it done in your four hours nev?
A Goldfish has an attention span of 3 seconds...  so do I
~ In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded ~
There are only 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't

bjornredtail

Um... No. I still had a mysterious resource leak, and problems with my pipes that not even Joe the Plumber could fix.
AKA, Nevadacow

Briar

Quote from: bjornredtail on December 06, 2008, 04:45:55 PM
Um... No. I still had a mysterious resource leak, and problems with my pipes that not even Joe the Plumber could fix.

B-b-b-but, I thought Joe could fix anything!! :'(
At the risk of ruining Briar's career by disparaging her find of the famous Sackaleaderer horse...

Quote from: Ungatt Trunn II
Yes. I wear high heels Krowdon. Any tips on how I should do my hair?

Peace Alliance

did joe get his own TV show?

Hey, by the way, nobody knows what the heck you guys are talking about!

bjornredtail

Oh, really? Note to self: Stand and engage any politician you disagree with. (That's acctually not a bad lesson. Not nearly enough honest debate in this world).

As far as not knowing what we are talking about... Those who do not understand Unix are doomed to re-implement it. Alas, I know what I'm talking about, I just don't know how to do it. Better luck next class... (Seriously, operating systems looks like SO MUCH FUN!!!! (I'm not even being sarcastic (but I am nesting the parenthesis rather deeply (Oh really (oh, yes I am, it's like a recursive algorithim (no it isn't, you are just hard coding (You should be studying stats))))) Alas, I can't take it next quarter)
AKA, Nevadacow

Gorak

i'll stick to music
coding, and most other computer stuff bores the crap outta me
Victory without honour, is more shameful then defeat.

Shadow

It's actually pretty cool when it works out the way you want it to. Which is rarely.
<=holbs-.. ..-holbs=> <=holbs-..

Sharptooh

I'm really into computers but my class is moving so slowly I end up having to teach myself everything from internet tutorials because my new it teacher is diaolicaly bad, I mean she's so bad at it she got someone from the class to fix her computer because she doesn't know how to.

Martin the warrior

thats why shes teaching she needs free computer repair! :D
Who thinks that I am dead
Knows naught at all.
I-- am that is.
Two mice within Redwall.
The Warrior sleeps twixt Hall and Cavern Hole.
I-- am that is.
Take on my mighty role.