Oddly fun game

Started by Shadow, November 01, 2008, 01:43:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shadow

http://www.addictinggames.com/pandemic2.html

It's very difficult - my best is everyone except mexico dead and the vaccine 1900 days from completion.
<=holbs-.. ..-holbs=> <=holbs-..

Sharptooh

I've played this before, you're right it is oddly fun, I've completed it, it's surprisingly easy to finish, the way I finished it was weird and simple at the same time, kind of ironic.

Shadow

Does this make us bad people?

Gorak

first attempt
didn't know what I was doing, but killed well over 5 billion people and wiped out all but 4 regions
Victory without honour, is more shameful then defeat.

Peace Alliance

Mine was in almost every country, then i tried to kill every single one of the infected and i did... but some survived so i lost...

mine was too fatal?

Shadow

yeah, i think the idea is to keep it under the radar until it is in every region before making it fatal.

Firetooth

Quote from: Shadow on November 01, 2008, 03:41:10 PM
Does this make us bad people?
exsisiting makes us bad people :(
ive played it, and usually the same happens as with peace...
want to know my best idea?
Get it through insects and keep it to fever's and coughs so its subtle but spreads fast. once every country is infected, put the air/boat things on, maximize its lethality and woohoo.
It only worked once for me and its the same tactic I alwats use.
Quote from: Sevah on January 02, 2018, 03:51:57 PM
I'm currently in top position by a huge margin BUT I'm intentionally dropping down to the bottom.

The Lady Shael

Mm, I killed everyone except Argentina and Madagascar. Darn island country. I kept hoping Argentina would get infected...I mean, they can't stop air from crossing the border?
~The Lady Shael Varonne the Benevolent of the Southern Islands, First Empress of Mossflower Country, and Commandress of the Daughters of Delor

RWLers, your wish is my command...as long as it complies with the rules.

Gorak

I can kill everyone but madagascar
they close their ports at the first hint of anything

Gen. Volkov

I can never stay under the radar long enough to spread it everywhere. The best I could do was everywhere but 4 regions. Everyone in those regions died though. I made my virus incredibly lethal.
It is said that when Rincewind dies the occult ability of the entire human race will go up by a fraction. -Terry Pratchett

cloud says: I'm pretty sure I'm immune to everything that I can be immune to...brb snorting anthrax.

Sticker334 says(Peace Alliance): OMG! HOBOES

Firetooth

When I won I begun on madagasgar :D
Quote from: Sevah on January 02, 2018, 03:51:57 PM
I'm currently in top position by a huge margin BUT I'm intentionally dropping down to the bottom.

windhound

Woo.  Disease YAR X (tenth version of YAR) Destroys Humanity
Began on New Zealand, got lucky and Madagascar got infected early, everything else fell fairly quickly

Score: 117977
Finish - 5th hour of 11/30/2008

You can tell within 5 min if your disease will fail or not, the island nations tend to be the hardest to get and it seems fairly random whether they do or not
A Goldfish has an attention span of 3 seconds...  so do I
~ In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded ~
There are only 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't

Shadow

if airports borders and ports are closed, you can't infect it as far as I can tell.

Gorak

quickest, cheapest way to make disease deadly, hypersensitivity and insanity, killed 5bill in a matter of hours game time
also good to quickly throw out when they start researching vaccine, as they close hospitals immediatly

Shadow

vacine isnt necessarily a bad thing  - it either shuts you down completely or makes your virus immune to any more vaccines.