Skiff race!

Started by Shadow, October 10, 2008, 08:47:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shadow

In the name of the Emperor, 100 days of games are declared to celebrate his glorious reign. Every day for the next 100 days skiff races will be held. After 100 days, whoever has the best track record will win a substantial prize, courtesy of your friendly neighborhood emperor-regents.

If the games amuse the emperor sufficiently perhaps he will begin subsidizing them from his vast coffers. Betting will be fairly substantial on each race, so your own bets could pay off well even if you don't race.

Win count: 0
<=holbs-.. ..-holbs=> <=holbs-..

Marell

Great idea guys. The Skiff races are a very underused aspect of the game, this should be fun.

I just accidently placed a substantial bet btw...and the prize pools now up to almost 5bil, so everyone make sure you get a team in.

Win Count: 2

kell

well shadow has four wins already and I have none so he has four times my chance of winning, right?
founder of eire

first emp on the new server

Shadow

I don't think that's how the chances work, but if it is, I think Shogun is going to slaughter us all.

To be fair though, I think we shoudl start counting wins from 0 for everyone. So please put a win count in your first post so we can keep track.

Gorak

Victory without honour, is more shameful then defeat.

Shadow

Everyone please keep a count of their wins here in this thread

Marell

Probably not the most correct place to put this suggestion but... would it be possible to add a " the last skiff race was won by *****, winning $****** " feature for the skiff races, similar to the lottery?

And also, am I correct in that each skiff race, the winner only gets 20% of the prize pool? If so, why is it so low? Usually the prize pool doesn't amount to a lot anyway. Im sure more people would be attracted to the races if they won a greater percentage, or perhaps an automatic base prize is put in the pool for each race.

kell

23.1 hours ago     You have won $1,400,295,019 for winning the Skiffs races.

woot
founder of eire

first emp on the new server

taekwondokid42

I'm thinking that the skiff races were designed for everybody to play. I don't see why we shouldn't change the code a bit to make the races more attractive.

Shadow

woot I win

Win count:

Shadow: 1

Firetooth

100days...
when was the last time anyone even tried resisiting? :D
Quote from: Sevah on January 02, 2018, 03:51:57 PM
I'm currently in top position by a huge margin BUT I'm intentionally dropping down to the bottom.

Marell

8.4 hours ago You have won $504,955,607 for winning the Skiffs races.

A second win for me  :D