The time has come

Started by Checkerpaw, September 13, 2008, 07:09:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shadow

QuoteI deleted my account because I was tired of fighting back, not because I wasn't able to.

Prove it. Try to beat me. Or Snare. Murdering people unrelated to the fight hardly shows an ability to fight back, Checker.

You're all talk.
<=holbs-.. ..-holbs=> <=holbs-..

Checkerpaw

Quote from: Shadow on September 14, 2008, 12:24:27 PM
QuoteI deleted my account because I was tired of fighting back, not because I wasn't able to.

Prove it. Try to beat me. Or Snare. Murdering people unrelated to the fight hardly shows an ability to fight back, Checker.

You're all talk.

Wait, wait ... which one of us wound up dead just a few days ago?  I'm having a hard time remembering .....

Oh, that's right .... it was you!  And I was one of two who did you in!

Life is good.
Highest rank in Regular: #6 (August '08)

Highest rank in Turbo: #1 (July  '09) as The NKVD
Highest finish in Turbo: #4 (August '09) as The NKVD

Also played as: Roadkill Collector (June '08) Gotten Smart (July), Mr. Holmes (August), That's What She Said (September)

Shadow

So not worth it. If you ever get a backbone, feel free to challenge me to a real fight.

Scarwake

Quote from: Shade on September 14, 2008, 12:23:41 PM
Quote from: Scarwake on September 14, 2008, 12:16:50 PM
As for the whole bickering fest between Shadow and yourself I sometimes wonder if its not all a scheme that was plotted out by the two of you however many rounds ago.  But even if it were I personally do not mind because its created some activity and from what I can see all your past schemes and your most recent ones have done just the same.

Actually Shade has attempted to encourage rumors such as that, as well as the rumor that Shadow is actually Shade's long lost switched-at-birth Canadian twin.  :)

Haha, and that aspect does not surprise me the least bit.  However, I have now come to notice that there is one little thing that does slightly annoy me when I read what you post.  That would have to be the fact that you refer to yourself in the third person...I am pretty sure at one point we all did that here several years ago for a little bit but it quickly became a dying fad; much like the whole cheese debacle became sadly...

Quote from: Checkerpaw on September 14, 2008, 12:28:41 PM
Quote from: Shadow on September 14, 2008, 12:24:27 PM

You're all talk.

Wait, wait ... which one of us wound up dead just a few days ago?  I'm having a hard time remembering .....

Life is good.

I have yet to see why exactly you are now out for Shadow as well; perhaps the masquerade of being Shade-esque?  Or did you at one point help Shade and now you feel compelled to continue on though Shade has yet to ask for your help again; trying to get on Shade's good side?
Member of the ROC: 03/14/2000
Emperor of

http://www.flickr.com/photos/rwl/  RWL Photo Album
In-Character Album

Shade

Quote from: Checkerpaw on September 14, 2008, 12:28:41 PM

Life is good.

Checker...I was the other who 'did him in', in fact, I scored the kill. Loathe as I am to have to take Shadow's side of an arguement (heaven forbid) He's right in that kills are worthless, I am currently in a clan with no cities and few troops, teaching newbies, anyone with any kind of knowledge at the game could kill me. But precious few could defeat me in a proper fight. And even when killed, Shadow has show that recovery is a fairly speedy process. I only bothered to kill him because I was able to convince you to bring him to 200 acres, which is within my 'am I willing to waste turns on this' range.

And yes, Shade tends to refer to himself in third person whenever he remembers to do so, he adopted it during his fake-newb-killing plot as most people were beginning to believe he was crazy/sociopathic anyways and Shade wanted to encourage such thinking, it was either this, or speaking in rhyme, and frankly, Shade is not a poet.

As for Checker gunning after Shadow, well, that may not be related to me at all, despite me being one of the better known Shadow-pokers. You have to admit, Shadow does his best to make sure his reactions are worthwhile, he's just fun to poke, although for me it's become more of a hobby rather than a goal for certain schemes as it has been in the past.

Checkerpaw

I have yet to see why exactly you are now out for Shadow as well; perhaps the masquerade of being Shade-esque?  Or did you at one point help Shade and now you feel compelled to continue on though Shade has yet to ask for your help again; trying to get on Shade's good side?

I couldn't care less about getting on Shade's good side, actually.

Also played as: Roadkill Collector (June '08) Gotten Smart (July), Mr. Holmes (August), That's What She Said (September)

Shade

Just as well, Shade doesn't have a good side, they are both bad. Similiar to how Shade always wakes up on the wrong side of the bed, because the right side is up against a wall.

Shade does however spare those who help him in his plots from his ill-will, thus Checker need not devote anymore energy towards attempting to butter Shade up, as Checker has already achieved as much of Shade's goodwill as he is willing to extend to anyone who doesn't clasify him/herself as Shade's apprentice

Firetooth

Quote from: Shade on September 14, 2008, 01:21:04 PM
Just as well, Shade doesn't have a good side, they are both bad. Similiar to how Shade always wakes up on the wrong side of the bed, because the right side is up against a wall.
True...
Checkerpaw, you still dont seem to understand-killing someone does not own them and takes 0skill-unles you cant stocking turns and taking land skills :P
I doubt you could even take on me in a duel, let alone shadow and snare.
Quote from: Sevah on January 02, 2018, 03:51:57 PM
I'm currently in top position by a huge margin BUT I'm intentionally dropping down to the bottom.

Checkerpaw

Quote from: Firetooth on September 14, 2008, 03:10:06 PM
Quote from: Shade on September 14, 2008, 01:21:04 PM
True...
Checkerpaw, you still dont seem to understand-killing someone does not own them and takes 0skill-unles you cant stocking turns and taking land skills :P

Um, right.  Maybe if you were to actually play a round sometime instead of throwing temper tantrums because you don't like the setup, we could find out.

Shade

Quote from: Firetooth on September 14, 2008, 03:10:06 PM

Oof. Now that was an insult. Imagine, being worse than Firetooth....that was below the belt.

Shadow

well checker, I am on top, owning, as indy. if you think you can come back as a leaderer and challenge me, ill take you on and beat you with a weaker strat.

Checkerpaw

Quote from: Shadow on September 15, 2008, 01:33:15 PM
well checker, I am on top, owning, as indy. if you think you can come back as a leaderer and challenge me, ill take you on and beat you with a weaker strat.

I'll think about it.

Shade

It would be a shame to let the newly created activity die down already, as it has recently, come back and kick Shadow in the pants, that outa get things moving again, as you desired.