Scholars

Started by taekwondokid42, October 05, 2008, 12:27:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

taekwondokid42

New clan.

The goal is to detemine new and effective strats based off of various conditions.

If you want to stay in the top 10, this is probably not the clan for you, as you will be forced to try new and improved strats that are almost certain to fail. But when we find a good one, we'll let you know by employing it and having the rest of you guess what we are doing. As soon as someone can get close to our NW by the same strat, we will divulge all of the secrets of the strat and begin looking for a new one.

Unlimited # of openings, but you will probably need to revolt multiple times throughout your enlistment.

Who's interested?

Shadow

Eh...

there are a limited number of effective strats in the current game setup. Most races can have one revolve around their spell, but no matter what, it's always a variation on leaders or indy when you get down to the base of it.

If some major changes are made to the code I think idea will be popular, but I don't think you'll find much that hasn't ben tried before that point.
<=holbs-.. ..-holbs=> <=holbs-..

taekwondokid42

I think that there are one or two more out there if you can achieve a certain diplomatic statis.

taekwondokid42

New goal. This is just for fun. On turbo.

Who can get to the lowest NW while still being alive?

Foxes, you have been DQ'd as long as you are cloaked.

windhound

Its not really all that much fun
I did it with Fiero GT a few turbo rounds back, got 507.  500 of that was my 1 acre of land, so I had everything else to 7 net

If you think you can beat that by all means try, but its more fun just to play the round
A Goldfish has an attention span of 3 seconds...  so do I
~ In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded ~
There are only 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't

Gorak

easy to beat
gain a high net, then take max bank loan
then 3% yourself into ground and sell and so on

not sure about RWL but everywhere else, bank loan counts against networth

I achieved -600k once at QMT turbo years ago
Victory without honour, is more shameful then defeat.

Peace Alliance

you can get lower then that windy!

windhound

7 total net?  not really.  Not without fox or a mega-loan.  Fiero GT had a loan of around $900

I thought about using a large loan to drop my net, but it felt cheaper.  It takes a bit of tweaking to get to 7 or 8 total net + 500 for 1acre, which is unavoidable. 
A Goldfish has an attention span of 3 seconds...  so do I
~ In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded ~
There are only 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't

taekwondokid42

I agree that loans are cheap. The 7 total net was what I was looking for. Given that I can't build on my 1 land this round, my min was 600, which I would've accomplished had I been able to ditch my troops.

I'm not counting my $1 networth. That falls alongside the loans strat.

Firetooth

On an unrelazted matter, you can actually drop ALL of your land! I did it once on imp because I picked the wrong race and you begin with full turns and I realized my mistake straight after my first run :)
Quote from: Sevah on January 02, 2018, 03:51:57 PM
I'm currently in top position by a huge margin BUT I'm intentionally dropping down to the bottom.

taekwondokid42

spam ???

Anyway, scholars will be open and in full swing once there is a reset.