I was thinking

Started by Aqualis, July 31, 2008, 09:29:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aqualis

I was thinking of moving to Florida, living with grandma, getting a part time job, and working as a graphic designer. I could sell my truck and use the money to by panniers for my bike and weather-proof gear for myself; use what's left over to pay for the gas to get down there (1400 miles = 7 tanks of gas = $130).

I would be in Ft. Lauderdale. I could learn to surf! Maybe other stuff. How do you meet people?

I could take a couple of weeks and couch surf my way down there! That would be awesome. And I don't need a passport. I could ship my guitar and some books down there. Or just some books and buy a new guitar when I arrive.

Getting my clothes there could be an issue, but I won't need any of the long sleeve shirts. So it would just be t-shirts and jeans, and with the extra storage that panniers would provide I might be able to do it. most of what I own consist of books which I wouldn't bring. The CD half of my music collection is all on the comp.

Wow, I don't own a lot of stuff: books, music, and clothes. My computer and my bike. That's about it. I only ever wear one pair of shoes.

Florida is humid, but it would probably be easy to find a Spanish tutor.

So, do you think I could do it? Good idea, bad idea? The only commitment I have here is YLT, which is for another year, but I could get out of that if approached with a suitably tempting opportunity.

I was thinking ...
"Less talky, more drivey." ~Hawk, Applegeeks Issue #161

~the mighta awualis

CobyCopper

And I'll just be living north of Biscayne. ;) And the Grandma part is the worst part of your idea--grandmas either force you to live under strict codes dated back a few decades or embarrass you to no end in front of your friends and (potential) mates.

The Lady Shael

Ft. Lauderdale! That's like two hours from me. Well, now. Cause I'll be going back to school in Orlando soon.
~The Lady Shael Varonne the Benevolent of the Southern Islands, First Empress of Mossflower Country, and Commandress of the Daughters of Delor

RWLers, your wish is my command...as long as it complies with the rules.

CobyCopper

Basically Miami-Dade Redwall Con! :D