turn bug

Started by Wolf Snare, July 31, 2008, 04:27:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wolf Snare

you can effectively do offencive missions with 1 turn per attack if you are willing to sacrifice 3% army.

Missions: Success
You have embezzled $594,125,299 from your enemy's treasury!
Economic Status
Income: $131,103
Expenses: $17,854,473
War Tax: $0
Loan Pay: $0
Net: -$17,723,370
Food Status
Produced: 0
Consumed: 932,820
Net: -932,820
Workers and Army Status
Workers: -365
Leaders: 0
Loyalty: +27,025
Rats: 0
Weasels: 0
Stoats: 0
Skiffs: 0

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Due to lack of Food, 3% of your Army has left! Turns were stopped!

it only used one turn
1. Fire Bringer (#22)
1. Jaturungkabart (#12)
1. Estranged (#50)
1. Fierce Deity (#17) 
1. bored... (#98)
1. Versace (#24)
1. Noah Calhoun (#10)
1. Day Old Hate (#7)
1. The Grand Optimist (#12)
1. Beast Mode (#7)

CobyCopper

Interesting bug. Does the same happen when you lack cash or when you do missions (help or offensive)?

Shadow

not much point, the 3% kills your leaders quickly. Good luck doing that with any kind of consistency except against the worst defended players. And gen hut missions would be a writeoff, except maybe raise defenses.
<=holbs-.. ..-holbs=> <=holbs-..

Wolf Snare

I'm hardly suggesting that some shady warlord use this to their advantage, just reporting a bug.

It's similar to the bug I found that allowed you to attack with 0 turns sometime last year.
1. Fire Bringer (#22)
1. Jaturungkabart (#12)
1. Estranged (#50)
1. Fierce Deity (#17) 
1. bored... (#98)
1. Versace (#24)
1. Noah Calhoun (#10)
1. Day Old Hate (#7)
1. The Grand Optimist (#12)
1. Beast Mode (#7)

Shadow

No that was directed at Bob, meaing it might work but there's really not much point.
<=holbs-.. ..-holbs=> <=holbs-..

CobyCopper

Quote from: Shadow on July 31, 2008, 07:38:32 PM
No that was directed at Bob, meaing it might work but there's really not much point.
I know. It's a fast way to gain land if you want to kill your army though--I COULD see it being used if someone wants to revolt--grab off of someone while having no land or no cash, then revolt, and build so long as they keep the required leaders and turns "in stock". Still, I think it'd be better to check where those bugs similar are and fix them, if they exist in gameplay in the first place.