New server

Started by thomaskreisman, September 09, 2008, 03:09:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thomaskreisman

Wouldn't it be cool if we had a new server that gave you 1 turn per min. that way you could run 2 times as much as you can in turbo and 10 times as much as you can in reg, I put this into the spa room because this is not a serious suggestion.

Shadow

It's been done, serves like that usuall degenerate quickly onto kills and nobody wins.
<=holbs-.. ..-holbs=> <=holbs-..

windhound

That, and we enjoy not having the cpu-maxed warning.  Havnt seen that in ages, knock on wood

Roughly one run per day on turbo is enough for most players
A Goldfish has an attention span of 3 seconds...  so do I
~ In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded ~
There are only 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't

bjornredtail

I'm still wondering... What causes those? Is it 'croning up', or stuff folks do while playing?

Just what was that software application that Rasmus Lerdorf mentioned at that talk I went to? I remember he mentioned Valgrind, and some other application that measured performance bottlenecks in terms of PHP function calls and the like.
0==={=B=J=O=R=N=R=E=D=T=A=I=L==>
AKA, Nevadacow
First person to ever play RWL

"Program testing can be used to show the presence of bugs, but never to show their absence!"-Edsger W. Dijkstra

Visit http://frostnflame.org today!

Firetooth

you should make a server which only gives you enough turns to use your beggining 100turns and ONE RUN, that'd take class  ^-^
Quote from: Sevah on January 02, 2018, 03:51:57 PM
I'm currently in top position by a huge margin BUT I'm intentionally dropping down to the bottom.

bjornredtail

FAF used to have a server like that: You started with a fixed amount of turns and tired to get the highest networth possible.
0==={=B=J=O=R=N=R=E=D=T=A=I=L==>
AKA, Nevadacow
First person to ever play RWL

"Program testing can be used to show the presence of bugs, but never to show their absence!"-Edsger W. Dijkstra

Visit http://frostnflame.org today!