Previous topic - Next topic

Firetooth

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Principality_of_Sealand
the worlds smallest micronation
27 people
there was once a devestaing fire-3people died
the flu was worse-6 people were infected

the worst was the attempted takeover!

In 1978, while Bates was away, the Prime Minister of Sealand, Professor Alexander G. Achenbach, and several German and Dutch citizens, staged a forcible takeover of Roughs Tower, holding Bates' son Michael captive, before releasing him several days later in the Netherlands

Luckily, prince paddy(roy bates) forced an armed assault in a helicopter and reclaimed sealand.
He took the attackers captive and needed to be persuaded to ransom them off.

Lets take our hats off to prince paddy! :)
Quote from: Sevah on January 02, 2018, 03:51:57 PM
I'm currently in top position by a huge margin BUT I'm intentionally dropping down to the bottom.

thomaskreisman

thats....intresting to say the least

The Lady Shael

Wow. But it's on Wikipedia, so I have to believe it's true.
~The Lady Shael Varonne the Benevolent of the Southern Islands, First Empress of Mossflower Country, and Commandress of the Daughters of Delor

RWLers, your wish is my command...as long as it complies with the rules.

Firetooth

I'm currently in top position by a huge margin BUT I'm intentionally dropping down to the bottom.

thomaskreisman

Quote from: The Lady Shael on July 12, 2008, 12:53:22 PM
Wow. But it's on Wikipedia, so I have to believe it's true.

Wiki is made by the account members, so it could not be true, just a prank some 11 year old played to try to get as many people to read it before the admins at wiki delete it.

Firetooth

The other link proves it though
There's 100s more search it up on google.
I feel a plan brewing :)

The Lady Shael

The only thing on Wikipedia that isn't credible is George W. Bush's page. I hate how teachers don't accept Wikipedia as a credible source because Wikipedia always has all the information you're looking for right in one place.
~The Lady Shael Varonne the Benevolent of the Southern Islands, First Empress of Mossflower Country, and Commandress of the Daughters of Delor

RWLers, your wish is my command...as long as it complies with the rules.

Firetooth

I agree, most of wikipedia isn't lies or pranks and most pranks are immediately edited.

CobyCopper

Quote from: Firetooth on July 12, 2008, 04:11:40 PM
I agree, most of wikipedia isn't lies or pranks and most pranks are immediately edited.
I saw a disturbing edit (vandalism) of a page on Princess Leia. You don't want to know.

bjornredtail

Wikipedia is not an authoritative source. This isn't inherently a bad thing... but this does mean that it is, and should be excluded from academic writing. The same should go for other sources that are not authoritative, like traditional print encyclopedias. So, no, this isn't a 'not-invented-here' witch hunt by academia, provided that the second condition is met. Sadly, I've had professors who would exclude wikipedia, but would allow other encyclopedias.

I saw a disturbing edit (vandalism) of a page on Princess Leia. You don't want to know.
I take it you reverted the page?

Back on topic:
Do check out the national sports of Sealand... Though, most of the athletes that represent Sealand are not from, nor do they live on the platform.

Also, from both an Engineering and political prospective, I wonder how hard it would be to build my own such nation? I suppose there are areas in the pacific where the Engineering would be relatively easy, like many of the small atolls, sandbars, and reefs that would offer shallow, unclaimed water. Politically, it would still be easier to declare independence with no one else around...
0==={=B=J=O=R=N=R=E=D=T=A=I=L==>
AKA, Nevadacow
First person to ever play RWL

"Program testing can be used to show the presence of bugs, but never to show their absence!"-Edsger W. Dijkstra

Visit http://frostnflame.org today!