Farming

Started by Alazar is Back, July 07, 2008, 07:04:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alazar is Back

Quote from: Shadow on July 12, 2008, 09:54:30 AM
you dont farm with leaders at FAF, if you do you only make about a quarter of what you could if you looted instead. Farming there is based on almsot completely foragers and the food being sold on mercs for troops.

I KNOW this. You don't seem to get what im getting at.
Turbo Highest Rank:Co-Emperor with Wolf Snare, Emperor

One of the most underrated players at RWL..

Shadow

you're right, I have no idea. Could you explain better?

If you are suggesting using farmer as an indier and selling food to buy troops on mercs, you would have to set it up so that you can get an equivelent net value of troops for your food to what an indier could make in a run, which would take a TON of balancing as well as a complete redesign of the mercs system (which should happen anyway)

Right now mercs is set up so that you can buy the same amount of all 4 troop types, which means that you can't use it to defend since you will have a gaping hole in rats. I think it should be affected by the same multipliers as indy (1.2, 0.6, 0.3, 0.2) to balance it out. If that happened, farming could be a viable strat here, provided that the sell price of food was raised.
<=holbs-.. ..-holbs=> <=holbs-..

Alazar is Back

Quote from: Shadow on July 13, 2008, 04:48:43 PM
you're right, I have no idea. Could you explain better?

If you are suggesting using farmer as an indier and selling food to buy troops on mercs, you would have to set it up so that you can get an equivelent net value of troops for your food to what an indier could make in a run, which would take a TON of balancing as well as a complete redesign of the mercs system (which should happen anyway)

Right now mercs is set up so that you can buy the same amount of all 4 troop types, which means that you can't use it to defend since you will have a gaping hole in rats. I think it should be affected by the same multipliers as indy (1.2, 0.6, 0.3, 0.2) to balance it out. If that happened, farming could be a viable strat here, provided that the sell price of food was raised.

That is basically what I am saying. The way coral explained it to me is that over at FAF as a farmer on Woa with the current land he can make around 80bil cash which he spends mostly on troops. So it is basically i different way to indy if you use it that way but also another way to make food/cash.
Turbo Highest Rank:Co-Emperor with Wolf Snare, Emperor

One of the most underrated players at RWL..

taekwondokid42

What if we had a farming strat that was largely diplomacy?

The leader special could take a low ratio.
There would be no effective way to mass a ton of troops.
Food and cash would be most abundant in markets and forgers.
Towers could be re-vamped a bit to provide marginal defense against leaders and troops (while maintaining balance).

Shadow

any strat the depends on diplomacy is doomed to fail sooner or later, as soon as someone decides they want what you have. There are very effective farming strats at other prom sites that don't depend on diplomacy that could be implemented here quite easily.
<=holbs-.. ..-holbs=> <=holbs-..