troop sharing

Started by Shadow, May 31, 2008, 10:57:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shadow

When it lists the numbers of troops that you are using to defend allies, it only lists 10% of your troops regardless of what % you have it set at.
<=holbs-.. ..-holbs=> <=holbs-..

Firetooth

I've noticed that recently as well. I keep forgetting to report :P
Quote from: Sevah on January 02, 2018, 03:51:57 PM
I'm currently in top position by a huge margin BUT I'm intentionally dropping down to the bottom.

Peace Alliance

probably a read out problem.

Shadow

I don't think so. People are breaking marell easily, and between me and kell his defenses should be amazing. I can also break clanned people using a very minimum of troops and take no losses even when warlords with an army come to their defense.

I would be happy to give Peace or Shael exact numbers to test with, but I know for a fact that Marell and kell and myself are not getting the benefit of 40% of the clan army unless we are actually holding the thing.

taekwondokid42

I'm pretty sure that you can only double the amount of troops you have at the time (so if you have 50, then regardless of what your clan has, you can only defend as though you had 100). From what I know about breaking Marrel, I would guess that his troops are being doubled.

Shadow

Can I get a confirmation on that from Shael or Peace?

The Lady Shael

Taek is right, ally defense can't more than double the amount of defense that you have yourself. And Peace is right, that's also just a readout problem, the actual troop sharing works.
~The Lady Shael Varonne the Benevolent of the Southern Islands, First Empress of Mossflower Country, and Commandress of the Daughters of Delor

RWLers, your wish is my command...as long as it complies with the rules.

Shadow

Aha... any reason for this? I see no reason that an ally shouldn't get the full benefit of his clan's troops regardless of how many he has himself. It's not like there is some rules in real warfare allowing people to only match their ally's troops when they are aiding each other ^_^

Peace Alliance

We might try it without that next round (or preferably a round when i'm available to watch closely)

taekwondokid42

That could get dangerous, because (like lek) you could send all of your troops to someone, until they have 100 mil + of each type, and BAM, the whole clan becomes very hard to break.

idunno

Clans have enough of an advantage as it is, that would offset it too much.

Alazar is Back

It might be a good idea for a round, but then if you had a really low member with barely anything of any army then he would be unbreakable....
Turbo Highest Rank:Co-Emperor with Wolf Snare, Emperor

One of the most underrated players at RWL..

Peace Alliance

mhmm, well if that were a problem then couldn't we just lower the amount shared?

I agree that it /could/ be overpowered, but thats why I would want to watch it and get the right balance. Right now troop sharing is still pretty much... useless.

taekwondokid42

not useless, but definitely not very useful.

Peace Alliance

I rarely notice the effects of troop sharing...