How many of you have ever tried roleplaying?

Started by Faerd, March 10, 2008, 01:20:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Have you ever tried Role-playing?

Yes
7 (50%)
Yes, and I would be willing to join a new RP that started up.
4 (28.6%)
No.
3 (21.4%)
No, and RP = Nubzcuzirteh1337sp34k3rz
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 13

Gorak

funnest D&D character I ever played was a young, plucky, naive, not terribly bright (rolled low for intelligence) elf ranger, who had a habbit of doing something stupid to make alot of noise while sneaking into enemy camps
Victory without honour, is more shameful then defeat.

Faerd

nice heh.

What i find funny is how almost all rangers go melee instead of bow...

So of course, when I made my ranger, he was ranged.

He had around an 8 in charisma, but it should have been around -1000000

My diplomacy checks SUCKED, in fact, one time, i rolled a crit miss and shot a kobold i was attempting to negotiate with in the head, killing it, and enraging his friends.

Another time, our group was talking to this farmer whose daughter was kidnapped by kobolds, and we agreed to help him, then I asked if the farmer wanted to come along. One of the other characters turned to me with a confused look on his face, and I had mine grin, and whisper "We could use the dumb muscle."
The DM rolled a d20, then started laughing.
"The farmer turns to you, his face beet-reet and enraged. He yells, "DUMB MUSCLE??!?!?!?!" at the top of his lungs."

Pretty much from then on the rest of the group cut me off whenever i tried to negotiate ><

Ooh, and in the same campaign...

So two other PC's (Elf druid and Gnome sorcerer) and I were surrounded by 20 very angry kobolds. I attempted a diplomacy check (i was the only one who spoke their language) and, as said earlier, I shot one in the head, killing it. The druid splashed some oil in a circle around us, and lit it on fire. Now we were surrounded by BOTH a ring of fire AND 20 angry kobolds! The druid summoned a sphere of flame and threw it randomly, killing another kobold, then attempted to leap through the flames. He fell, and was knocked from the damage down to around -7 hp. I had my guy grab a stout branch from the tree next to us, then grabbed the gnome and used the branch to polevault us outside the ring of fire... and succeeded. I grabbed the druid, slung him over my back as a shield, then started running with the gnome, only to have both our characters shot by around 10 crossbow bolts... none of which hit the corpse slung over my back as a shield from exactly that.

Our party had horrible experiences with fire...

Another(!) time, this trap was set off by one of our people. Pretty much it was a pit of oil which was then lit on fire in a humongous wall of flame blocking our way completely. The guy made his reflex save though and didnt fall in. We sat around thinking of what to do, then the druid from earlier (with the lowest strength score in our group as well) said he'd jump through. He picked up a tapestry off the wall, wrapped it around himself, then jumped... he rolled a 2 and fell in. The gnome sorcerer then tried to jump in, punch the druid out of the fire, and jump out. He punched the druid out, but got stuck in himself. Then the paladin tried, with the same results. The only 2 left on our side of the fire now were me and a klepto gnome rogue. The DM turned to us. "So, any of you going to try and save him?" The guy playing the rogue looked at him like he was crazy. "I have a 16 intellect score, I'm not that stupid". The DM looked at me so i replied. "What? I'm a survivalist! I'm not risking my life for some guy I met up with in a tavern!"
"7/5th's of the world's populace do not understand fractions. 48% of all statistics are wrong"

"Because my Reality-Defining-Gun says so..."

~Faerd, Rhubarb of Randomness

Gen. Volkov

QuoteOoh, and Volk, you ever read Order of the Stick? It's like a D&D webcomic... pretty funny.

Yup. All the time. I read lots of webcomics.

My most fun character would have to be the big dumb barbarian I played. He wasn't actually all that dumb, just really really blunt and to the point. Tended to blurt out things the rest of the party wanted to keep secret. Was also the most awesome melee fighter EVER. There was exactly one bossfight, that whole game, where my character did not end up either doing the most damage to or outright killing the boss. I was running around with high level magic users too. Of course that only helped by the end, cause they could put haste on me, and I'd get 10 attacks per round, instead of 5. Each attack was dealing like 2 d8 of damage with a +10-15 modifier. By the end, I was figuring out my damage on a calculator. I averaged about 150 points of damage, per round, though one time I got like 3 critical hits and rolled really high for my damage rolls and ended up doing like 350 points of damage in one round. I think that was when I took down the gargantuan red dragon, in like one or two rounds of combat. I also rolled really well for my hit points, and I was wearing enough protective items to give me an AC of like 35 or 36 without slowing me down from a 40' move speed. Best tank ever. I think at the end of the game, he would up wielding friggin Excalibur and Ragnarok, which were the two most powerful swords in the world.

Some other fun characters I've had: A satyr rogue, who had change appearance at will, so I could hide my true form whenever someone asked me to take off the hood that hid his horns. A gnome technologist, who had a sleep gas launcher than won us several fights we should have lost. He eventually got his head bitten off by a monster. Then there was the human rogue, who was so good at stealing, I swiftly wound up with more gold than the rest of the party put together, and they didn't even realize it. At one point, we were being followed by this really annoying bard NPC, and I tripped him, then stole his money pouch while he was lying on the ground, and then was like, watch out for those roots! He totally bought it too. It was awesome. That character wound up dying when he got critically hit by a hobgoblin and dropped in one round. I also had a sorceror in another game, who faced off against this extremely powerful vampire. He saw me through my greater invisibility spell, grabbed me, and picked me up. I start waving my hands around, and saying, "I warn you, I am an extremely powerful-" and then he broke my hand. LOL. So then I was like, "I warn you, I have another hand." Then he broke that one too. LOL.
It is said that when Rincewind dies the occult ability of the entire human race will go up by a fraction. -Terry Pratchett

cloud says: I'm pretty sure I'm immune to everything that I can be immune to...brb snorting anthrax.

Sticker334 says(Peace Alliance): OMG! HOBOES

lonewolf1817

LOL i totaly thought the title of this was going somewhere else.
When you have done soemthing right, no one will know you have done anything at all

Gen. Volkov

It is said that when Rincewind dies the occult ability of the entire human race will go up by a fraction. -Terry Pratchett

cloud says: I'm pretty sure I'm immune to everything that I can be immune to...brb snorting anthrax.

Sticker334 says(Peace Alliance): OMG! HOBOES

Firetooth

Quote from: Sevah on January 02, 2018, 03:51:57 PM
I'm currently in top position by a huge margin BUT I'm intentionally dropping down to the bottom.

pippin the mighty

Quote from: lonewolf1817 on March 13, 2008, 06:24:45 PM
LOL i totaly thought the title of this was going somewhere else.
Animal...

lol, jokes.

Faerd

o.O

O.o

I think i'm gonna go soak my brain in a vat of acid right about now...
"7/5th's of the world's populace do not understand fractions. 48% of all statistics are wrong"

"Because my Reality-Defining-Gun says so..."

~Faerd, Rhubarb of Randomness

Peace Alliance

The Lady Shael

I used to RP a lot in my younger ROC days... back when I was a Redwall fanatic. Did some on this forum too, but the people I was role-playing with kept disappearing. *coughRaine!Kilk!* Too busy now to worry about role-playing though.
~The Lady Shael Varonne the Benevolent of the Southern Islands, First Empress of Mossflower Country, and Commandress of the Daughters of Delor

RWLers, your wish is my command...as long as it complies with the rules.

lonewolf1817

ive tryed a little role playing..... ushully with one other person..... sometimes 2 but always females.... i didnt ahve the same problem as shale they never dissipeared after ushully the oposite.... they tryed to stick around....
When you have done soemthing right, no one will know you have done anything at all

Saladin

Starfish love you

Martin the warrior

I Play Runescape if plays add me. My acc. name is rupp 2780 im lvl 60 lol :P
Who thinks that I am dead
Knows naught at all.
I-- am that is.
Two mice within Redwall.
The Warrior sleeps twixt Hall and Cavern Hole.
I-- am that is.
Take on my mighty role.