Peace

Started by The Obliterator, April 11, 2008, 01:18:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alazar is Back

Quote from: Peace Alliance on April 30, 2008, 01:54:31 AM
Phaw, how could a Zoology exam be anything but fun? You get to walk around petting cute animals all day!

Yeah. Im sure.....:P
Turbo Highest Rank:Co-Emperor with Wolf Snare, Emperor

One of the most underrated players at RWL..

Gen. Volkov

QuotePhaw, how could a Zoology exam be anything but fun? You get to walk around petting cute animals all day!

LOL. Zoology and zoos are only distantly related. Anyway, if you think zoology is so easy, you try remember all the various names for phyletic groupings of animals down to the Order level. Just learning those is a rough task, then you have to learn the various distinguishing features of those Orders. And the professor is a rough grader. I still ended up with an A in the course, but that exam was HARD.
It is said that when Rincewind dies the occult ability of the entire human race will go up by a fraction. -Terry Pratchett

cloud says: I'm pretty sure I'm immune to everything that I can be immune to...brb snorting anthrax.

Sticker334 says(Peace Alliance): OMG! HOBOES

Peace Alliance

memorizing lists has been pointless since we invented pen and paper, why do they still make us do it??

Gen. Volkov

Because out in the field, you don't always have a written list with you, nor do you have a picture of the organism. Being able to identify things by sight, and know what part of the animal kingdom then belong to is always going to be a useful skill.
It is said that when Rincewind dies the occult ability of the entire human race will go up by a fraction. -Terry Pratchett

cloud says: I'm pretty sure I'm immune to everything that I can be immune to...brb snorting anthrax.

Peace Alliance

Phaw, give it 5 years and we should all be able to get wikipedia anywhere in the world. and who knows, 10 years after that we might be able to get it in our heads.

They can make transistors that are 1 atom by 10 atoms big... They just figured that out. Thats like millions smaller then silicone transistors. Nano technology could do a lot more then, right? It's made out of Graphaine, which i can only assume is what happens when you combine graphite, with coffee...

Gen. Volkov

QuotePhaw, give it 5 years and we should all be able to get wikipedia anywhere in the world. and who knows, 10 years after that we might be able to get it in our heads.

LOL, dude, I was just in Belize, they still have trouble just giving everyone electricity and clean running water, let alone phone lines and internet. The best you can get is a Cyber Cafe, and those are hideously expensive, and only in bigger towns and cities. Though cell reception was pretty good. Someone put some cash into their cell tower network. And that's just the developing world.

Cool about the nano-transistors though.

Holby

Quote from: Gen. Volkov on May 12, 2008, 10:02:21 PM
Because out in the field, you don't always have a written list with you
Zoos have fields!
I will not deleted this

Gen. Volkov

Very few American zoos do, I'm afraid.