Upcoming Developements & Fixes

Started by Peace Alliance, December 04, 2007, 12:44:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Juska

Quote from: Shadow on December 07, 2007, 03:33:49 PM
leader fighters rarely use leaders to attack. I know I never do. You just mass about 100 billion and keep it on your account in case you ever need quick mercs, than go all food.

*Looks at his regular news* 25 leader attacks for land on my empire.

I think the statement your looking for is: Leader players never attack with leaders because everyone in the game uses leaders, and they can't break each other.

Nerf the land grab, I'll be undefeatable and then people will sacrifice huts and RWL will finally have strat diversity.
Current Empires:

RtR: Juskabally #19

Shadow

The only time I ever used leaders on a troop fighter was if they were in an unbreakable position. Otherwise, it is less costly in the long run just to buy some mercs. Whoever uses leader attacks when troops will work is wasting his time and turns because of all the time you need to spend to recap losses. Time that could be spent looting back twice as much cash as you spent on the mercs ^_^
<=holbs-.. ..-holbs=> <=holbs-..

Gen. Volkov

Leader land grab balances out the incredible troop production capability that you have. It should not be nerfed, otherwise unclanned indy becomes the only viable strat. We actually have strat diversity now, it's just people are still adjusting to the changes.
It is said that when Rincewind dies the occult ability of the entire human race will go up by a fraction. -Terry Pratchett

cloud says: I'm pretty sure I'm immune to everything that I can be immune to...brb snorting anthrax.

Sticker334 says(Peace Alliance): OMG! HOBOES

Peace Alliance

When i was indy last round, i tried building up to 50% huts for defense, but still couldn't stop the stoats. Maybe it won't be so difficult with the new stoat race.

Juska

You can't indy and stop leader massers peace, it's just not possible. Because leaders come to slow and leave too fast, it just doesn't hold up.

*Looks at the top 20* 2 of the top 20 guys are not using leaders, possible one, not sure what the wildcat is doing. And the other person is me, so, yeah tell yourself there is strat diversity.
Current Empires:

Shadow

are you looking at turbo or reg? if reg, that will change when stoat is changed. On turbo, most of the top 10 is not leadering...

Juska

Yeah that's because the of turbo's rule, only 50% land. Boy only reg. matters anyway in turbo you get so many turns who cares. And obviously if you would take the time to look you'd see what server i meant. And no it won't change when the stoat is changed, I played with academy was broken, everyone still used leaders, they just used marten or wolf instead. Stop telling me wrong things, you think you know everything shadow.
Current Empires:

Shadow

Quote from: Juska on December 09, 2007, 01:15:41 AM
Yeah that's because the of turbo's rule, only 50% land. Boy only reg. matters anyway in turbo you get so many turns who cares. And obviously if you would take the time to look you'd see what server i meant. And no it won't change when the stoat is changed, I played with academy was broken, everyone still used leaders, they just used marten or wolf instead. Stop telling me wrong things, you think you know everything shadow.

Where did that come from? What I am saying is based on my experience with leaderers and indiers, which isn't much. I certainly don't know everything, but I do know that using leaders to attack is a waste of turns and resources if you can do it with troops.

People willl still be stoats when academy is changed, it will just be easier for other strats to take them down. Chill out.

Peace Alliance

The indy races are very close to equal nowadays. Perhaps you've missed most of the changes we've done to the races nohc? they were done when you were gone i think.

taekwondokid42

Enough squabbling...

back to the reason this thread was created...

Opinions on the lottery:

(total land in game)*1000 sounds good to me. 7 bil is not that much for the higher up people, and even for the lower people, while 7 bil can change the game for them, it will only last them through 3 or 4 runs. If they win the lottery, they deserve to be ahead for that long, it will make the game much less frustrating.

If we were to add market tax, the 20% loss from removing troops should not be a part of the tax. The tax should be the 5% (I think) that is removed when one player purchases crap from another player.

The chances of someone winning the lottery should be fairly high, maybe one winner per week (in reg).

I also think that the price of the lottery ticket should not be based on the lottery, but on the player. If ticket price were based off NW, indiers would have another advantage over the leader massing people. They could buy a ticket after they sell their troops, to minimize the price. Food massers would have to deal with the higher prices.

On make attack opportunity:

If you were to make attack opportunity only open up one attack, you would severely cut back on the efficiency of the leader race. I support moving it down to 1, instead of 3 (again, I think), but only to make taking land past the maxed point take more turns. Loyalty would still play a factor, so to balance that out, you would cut the cost of loyalty for this mission by 50%ish.

On reveal warlords name for leader missions:

I think that keeping the warlords name secret is part of being a good player. If you are not careful, a warlord can find out who attacked him recently just by looking at his news page. I have used this many times to find the culprit of theft, murder, poison, ect. I do however, support a news item telling you that someone has made an attack opportunity upon you.

Shadow

I have said it about 100 times and I'll say it again:

Open atk op should be affected by raised shields - 1 attack if shields are up, 3 if they are not.

taekwondokid42

I thought that that was already the case  ???

The Lady Shael

Nope, open attack op decreases attacks by 3 no matter what.
~The Lady Shael Varonne the Benevolent of the Southern Islands, First Empress of Mossflower Country, and Commandress of the Daughters of Delor

RWLers, your wish is my command...as long as it complies with the rules.

Alazar is Back

Quote from: The Lady Shael on May 08, 2008, 09:09:41 AM
Nope, open attack op decreases attacks by 3 no matter what.

And I think it should stay that way.
Turbo Highest Rank:Co-Emperor with Wolf Snare, Emperor

One of the most underrated players at RWL..