Theme balances

Started by The Lady Shael, May 04, 2008, 01:10:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Lady Shael

So we're still not sure how to efficiently balance this theme, but obviously it isn't balanced right now, so to fix it a little we've decided to make the following two changes mid-round (sorry):

1. Market items no longer count in your networth (only for this round)

2. the 20% penalty for removing items from the market has been raised to 40%

We'll see how this works out. Sorry that we had to make this changes about less than a week into the round, these problems weren't forseen, I guess.

And here's a bit of amusement for the day, a screenshot of the scores list right after I stopped market items from being counted in the networth:

Well, it amused ME anyway. XD
~The Lady Shael Varonne the Benevolent of the Southern Islands, First Empress of Mossflower Country, and Commandress of the Daughters of Delor

RWLers, your wish is my command...as long as it complies with the rules.

Holby

That's good, I love the new changes. :D

To clear my conscience, however, I must admit that I hope it doesn't swing too far the other way and indying is still effective.
I will not deleted this

Alazar is Back

Well the 40% hurts alot but i think the indiers will still be up there.
Turbo Highest Rank:Co-Emperor with Wolf Snare, Emperor

One of the most underrated players at RWL..

Shadow

Heh, Shadow ftw ;)

I think indiers might now be stuck in the other dilemma, not having enough net:P Oh well, a few of the defensive ones are annoying so serves em right.
<=holbs-.. ..-holbs=> <=holbs-..

Peace Alliance

Well the thing is indiers can still make troops without upkeep, only they will be diminished by 40%...

Which means that i don't think many people would bother doing that, in the end it would be hard to make it beneficial, and it's time consuming to stop every 10 turns and store on the market.

Without that exploit, i think indiers still have the benefit of being the main contributers to the market, and the easiest way for leaderers to get an army, and if an indy wants NW, he just has to keep his army on him, which in turn would force leader players to buy more troops, which gets 'em more money, etc...

Shadow

Dunno, if I were a stoat I'd just use leader attacks. It's a bit harder as a wolf, but it is more profitable for me to use leaders to take land then to waste 8 or 9 bil on the army I'd need to break the top indiers. I still think this round will be completely messed up, but at least it will be interesting.
<=holbs-.. ..-holbs=> <=holbs-..

Peace Alliance

Ya, which is why as an indy i used to spend my last 150 turns capturing someone with a good ratio, then i'd get about a 50 ratio, and if you attack with leaders it's at a great expense to yourself, heh.

in fact, i remember when i was lizard using the racial bonus, raised defenses, 100% leaders and a good number of guard towers, i used to be able to hold of wolves with a 100 ratio.... but i would also have had lots of land.