Tips on making money?

Started by Scringepaw, March 10, 2003, 04:14:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Scringepaw

I need more money!May I please have some tips?
"Patience is a virtue."

"Perfect practice makes perfect."

RAINBOW

Badrang the Tyrant

Attack someone to get a lot of land.  If that doesn't work, destroy your camps or something else.  Build Markets on all of your unused land...

calria

I really wouldn't suggest demolishing any camps. Keep your tents, camps, foragers, and markets around. Demolish all or most of your guards and turn those acres into markets. Then spend some serious turns looting, and that should get your cash pretty high.

If you don't feel like going to all that trouble, ask for aid. You won't get it from anyone, more than likely, but you can still ask....

RazorClaw

Well, try attacking some landfat n00b, then put all of the land into markets, then loot. Viola!

Arono

loooting is good, but in the begining of the game scouting is more useful. I would suggest scouting and then building markets, scouting, build markets. Do this and you get lots of money.
Arono

Badrang the Tyrant

Why would you not destroy Camps?  I have 0 and my econmy is fine.  If you destroy guards, people can attack you and make your economy worse.

Aqualis

One thing I have found incredibly useful is the Loot ability in the Generals Hut. If you have enough leaders you can get $50,000,000 dollars ever two turns. On the turbo server I can get almost $3,000,000,000 in 250 turns.
"Less talky, more drivey." ~Hawk, Applegeeks Issue #161

~the mighta awualis

Arono

i really don't build guards.
Arono

75% of my land is markets. The rest is divided between Huts, Barracks and Foragers. I have no need for guards, I demolished them ages ago when my economy died, and built up my d-points without them...

baska

I would suggest joining a clan and asking for help from the people in your clan, or you could try  and ask your allies or your friends for help.

Badrang the Tyrant

baska has a good idea, but it will only help for a little while.  You could also Steal money from others if you have enough leaders.  I find this very useful.

Holby

Quote from: AqualisOne thing I have found incredibly useful is the Loot ability in the Generals Hut. If you have enough leaders you can get $50,000,000 dollars ever two turns. On the turbo server I can get almost $3,000,000,000 in 250 turns.
Only 50 million? Heh, I was getting 200 million (inc. expenses) at one point in regular. But each mission cost me 250,000 loyalty- ouch!

I will not deleted this

calria

Or you could always sell all of your troops, and then loot forever.

Of course, that strategy wouldn't work well for very long...

Holby

Keep this quiet, people, but I have 24 million loyalty and no troops 'cos I sold them all! Shh, secret. *Quietly glances at those present*
I will not deleted this