Distribution

Started by Shadow, April 20, 2008, 04:05:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shadow

Impressive teamwork by wind clan.

Impressive totals by Earth clan, although they forgot shields and decided to online me ^_^
<=holbs-.. ..-holbs=> <=holbs-..

CobyCopper

Quote from: Shadow on April 20, 2008, 04:05:36 PM
Impressive teamwork by wind clan.

Impressive totals by Earth clan, although they forgot shields and decided to online me ^_^
I was really surprised how much people massed. I left Fire clan--and either way I would have probably gone "nowhere in a hurry". I'll look forward to the next storehouse, though I'd like if the clans weren't locked and chosen by number. I didn't like my team mates (didn't know them either).

The Lady Shael

There's a bunch of storehouse features we can try for next time:

-locked clans for the whole set
-storable land
-storable turns
-only top 5 (or whatever) members in each clan get the share
-no automatic clans and create clans enabled
~The Lady Shael Varonne the Benevolent of the Southern Islands, First Empress of Mossflower Country, and Commandress of the Daughters of Delor

RWLers, your wish is my command...as long as it complies with the rules.

windhound

...so you didnt know your teammates Coby, but weren't willing to give them a chance either?
Great team spirit!

<3 Wind.

I think voluntary clans should be theme for the next storehouse round.  Prevents a few of the issue that cropped up this round.
A Goldfish has an attention span of 3 seconds...  so do I
~ In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded ~
There are only 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't

CobyCopper

I didn't know them and I was finding their posts in the forums to be a bit... immature. One of them said they wanted control of the group because they feel they put the most into it--so I posted what experience they have. After about a week, no response. I ended up leaving for a few reasons--one of them was that another member was holding a good deal of land. Another was that it seemed to be getting nowhere. A third was it is my first storehouse round--I didn't know how it would go so I decided to be more a bystander and refine my strat. It wasn't so much an issue of automatic clans, as it was of bad luck. I was personally unable to contribute much--I was a bit stuck since I was trying to work out my strat more and more. As the weeks went by, I did some math and realized how powerful the storehouse was, but today cemented that the right choice was to leave.

Quote from: The Lady Shael on April 20, 2008, 04:33:56 PM
There's a bunch of storehouse features we can try for next time:

-locked clans for the whole set
-storable land
-storable turns
-only top 5 (or whatever) members in each clan get the share
-no automatic clans and create clans enabled

I'd like the Create Clans option, but with a person being locked into that clan for the entire round. I'd also more like to see each member get at least the portion they put in back, and interest is distributed instead. So if you have Wolf Bite put in 50,000 skiffs and $1,000,000 cash, that the Peace Alliance puts in 100 skiffs and $50 cash, that Wolf Bite will get back the 50k skiffs and $1m cash and then the interest made is divided in two. Is that even possible is more my question.

I personally think that the ability to store land or turns would not be good. I don't like the automatic clans either--that was my biggest gripe about this turbo round.

The Lady Shael

The idea of having the storehouse distributed according to how much each person put in was the original plan for the storehouse. I shot it down because it was much more complicated to code. And personally, I like it the way it is now. If it was distributed according to how much each person put in, there wouldn't be much of a point to having a CLAN storehouse, and we might as well have individual storehouses.

The major point to a storehouse round is to improve clan communication and see how well a clan can work together, even if you don't know your teammates. That takes skill of a different kind.

And another idea to add to this list...we might allow clans to choose an appointed leader if we have auto clans again. That seemed to be a big issue this round. So the leaders would probably have all the normal abilities except to disband the clan.
~The Lady Shael Varonne the Benevolent of the Southern Islands, First Empress of Mossflower Country, and Commandress of the Daughters of Delor

RWLers, your wish is my command...as long as it complies with the rules.

Shadow

Make sure they can't boot people either, otherwise someone might get greedy :o War status should also be gone before the dist, although leaving allies in there might create an interesting game dynamic if there are enough clans.

I really like the idea of storehouses with voluntary clans, but a stacked team might unbalance the game severely.

The Obliterator

i question why did shadow kill all my troops ???
Watching people fight is fun...
...but getting involved is so much better

lonewolf1817

cuz u smell...........
When you have done soemthing right, no one will know you have done anything at all

The Obliterator

thx >:(
lol i probably would if you can smell me from there
Watching people fight is fun...
...but getting involved is so much better

Alazar is Back

Quote from: The Obliterator on April 21, 2008, 01:02:03 AM
i question why did shadow kill all my troops ???

Dude, im sorry how many times do i have to tell you to keep your sheilds raised? When you heal do it with by increasing your shields. I ALWAYS have mine raised and usually for a few hundred hours....
Turbo Highest Rank:Co-Emperor with Wolf Snare, Emperor

One of the most underrated players at RWL..

Shadow

I killed your troops because you had no shields. If they had been up I wouldn't have bothered.

Alazar is Back

That didnt stop peace from hitting me....but it probably had something to do with me sacking him :P
Turbo Highest Rank:Co-Emperor with Wolf Snare, Emperor

One of the most underrated players at RWL..

Peace Alliance

It was worth it murdering you because you have so many troops that 1% is still a lot.