Excessive???

Started by Saladin, May 07, 2008, 07:24:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Firetooth

yup, oblit got 300mil net destroyed, hehe loads of people are victimising him :D
Quote from: Sevah on January 02, 2018, 03:51:57 PM
I'm currently in top position by a huge margin BUT I'm intentionally dropping down to the bottom.

Sharptooh

Quote from: Firetooth on May 17, 2008, 03:11:54 AM
yup, oblit got 300mil net destroyed, hehe loads of people are victimising him :D

I wonder why?

And yes he really should have had his shields raised

Alazar is Back

Im not talking about anything recently he has had the snot beat outa him in the past.
Turbo Highest Rank:Co-Emperor with Wolf Snare, Emperor

One of the most underrated players at RWL..

Firetooth

Recently he did have his shields down though I think, and I got "the snot" beat out of me on turbo and valhall for not raising shields :-\
Quote from: Sevah on January 02, 2018, 03:51:57 PM
I'm currently in top position by a huge margin BUT I'm intentionally dropping down to the bottom.

Saladin

Quote from: windhound on May 16, 2008, 06:41:41 PM
I see no shields
I call that fair game

All resource massers /must/ keep shields permi-raised

My shields were raised...

We currently have our defences on the highest alert which will last for 1717.8 more hours.
Starfish love you

CobyCopper

Quote from: Saladin on May 17, 2008, 07:50:19 PM
Quote from: windhound on May 16, 2008, 06:41:41 PM
I see no shields
I call that fair game

All resource massers /must/ keep shields permi-raised

My shields were raised...

We currently have our defences on the highest alert which will last for 1717.8 more hours.
For turbo, that's too long. We play for 28-31 days... which means you should never need shields longer than 744 hour, period, as that's a complete month. Even then strike 24 hours off for starting off.

I noticed that, even when raised, resource massers can seriously lose a lot from sacks and stealing. The good thing is that no indyer can be successful against a leader, but some leaders are better at stealing than others. Again, diminishing returns.

Take a guess at how much longer the round will last--this round will continue for about 11 days more IIRC, so you should have no more than 264 hours raised or so. Use the turns for something else in those cases. :P

Alazar is Back

If you have your police set to 100% then that helps alot.

CobyCopper

Quote from: Alazar is Back on May 17, 2008, 10:44:08 PM
If you have your police set to 100% then that helps alot.
On that note, Martens and Wolves are still quite unprotected--police at 100% protects from sacking, but if someone (like a stoat especially or other martens/wolves with better ratios) decides to steal or poison, the damages are much greater. If you're being online'd, by all means, swap defenses to block more efficiently.

Alazar is Back

I wasnt talking about steals or poisons...and it helps quite a bit.