you and your website are a complete faliure
2 (20%)
It is beyond a failure
2 (20%)
I cannot decide
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Scarwake

It is good criticsm.  I put my opinion down and I will stick by it.  The option was listed, I selected it because it is what I felt fit.
Member of the ROC: 03/14/2000
Emperor of

http://www.flickr.com/photos/rwl/  RWL Photo Album
In-Character Album

pippin the mighty

Ok, fair enough and wheres firetooth when you need him?

Firetooth

back after a long day of doing...well important stuff.

Maybe you should give freewebs a go? Unless I pay monthly Im afaraid It doesnt get much better scarwake.

Quote from: Scarwake on January 14, 2008, 12:26:34 PM
I was the one that said it was beyond failure.

Why:  Bad layout, bad background, bad colors, no content on main page.  There is no real good organization.

If you want to know please ask me, and I will be glad to improve my answer for you.  I will have to revisit the site inorder to go into more detail of course but I will comply.
Look around freewebs, some sites dont have music, are near never updated, and etc.
It is less then a week old...how old is RWL? Think, freewebs is a very simple package-it also however takes a lot of time to make a good site on. I say the rest of the armarda helped- however they have only given suggestions and inspiration. But if you dont want to change your mind stick by your desicion, both my sites aren't over a month old anyway. It takes time to download my own pictures, music, background etc. onto it and they recently added a new editor which I am still getting the hang of.

Quote from: pippin the mighty on January 14, 2008, 12:30:00 PM
I can understand why kinda, but its still pretty new, firetooth has been busy lately to my knowledge and that wasnt the nicest of ways to adress him like that?
True, but it was me that put down that option pip. However I've already explained why I can defend the armarda's site. And yes I have been busy, the only time I connected yesterday was to reply to mail. However now I should be free for a while.
Quote from: Sevah on January 02, 2018, 03:51:57 PM
I'm currently in top position by a huge margin BUT I'm intentionally dropping down to the bottom.

kell

founder of eire

first emp on the new server

Scarwake

I made my own websites for years....I never paid for anything.  Had a much better layout than what is currently implemented on this site.

I'm not trying to bash, because that is not appropriate.  I'm just pointing things out as this topic was intended
Emperor of

In-Character Album

windhound

Where were you hosted TJ?
Tripod even used to be halfway decent, but they've crammed every free site to the brim with ads now..  its unbearable.  Most free hosts are like this now though

It doesnt take much to make a decent fully functional site
I created http://blackbirdfly.no-ip.org/ in a few hours total, tweaking here and there.  It suits my purposes perfectly

It does take some knowledge of what you're doing
Freewebs is an alright alternative, cookie cutter websites that are easy to edit

If you've got some time go checkout http://pages.google.com
I remember looking at it a while back and it looks well done and I believe they'll give you free hosting...  knowing google it would be minimal advertising, if any, per page
A Goldfish has an attention span of 3 seconds...  so do I
~ In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded ~
There are only 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't

Scarwake

Where was I hosted???  well that's a very good question....its been a long long time since I've done it.

WAIT! I googled and found one of my old sites, however its not active anymore.  Used to be hosted at brinkster.com

The site was called Freedom Isle it was a Redwall RPG Community.  I believe I closed it down about the time I came here
possibly a little before or after I came here.  And that was years agoooo.  There was a sister site that was ran by one of my
bestfriends...can't remember its name.  And the two intermingled quite a bit.
Emperor of

In-Character Album

Faerd

*sneaks in and places a joke vote*

*runs away*
"7/5th's of the world's populace do not understand fractions. 48% of all statistics are wrong"

"Because my Reality-Defining-Gun says so..."

~Faerd, Rhubarb of Randomness

Firetooth

wow...faerd you're dead! ::)
Quote from: Scarwake on January 17, 2008, 08:02:12 PM
Where was I hosted???  well that's a very good question....its been a long long time since I've done it.

WAIT! I googled and found one of my old sites, however its not active anymore.  Used to be hosted at brinkster.com

The site was called Freedom Isle it was a Redwall RPG Community.  I believe I closed it down about the time I came here
possibly a little before or after I came here.  And that was years agoooo.  There was a sister site that was ran by one of my
bestfriends...can't remember its name.  And the two intermingled quite a bit.
Wow...I made some sites a long time ago as well (all of which were beyond words in rubishness) which went offline as well...
Quote from: Sevah on January 02, 2018, 03:51:57 PM
I'm currently in top position by a huge margin BUT I'm intentionally dropping down to the bottom.