Welcome to the League of the Scarlet Pimpernel

Started by Percy, October 15, 2007, 11:49:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Percy

My name is Percival Blakeney, and it is my honour to introduce you to what will soon become the greatest clan of the era.
The League of the Scarlet Pimpernel shall rise to power, and in doing so, change Redwall: Warlords forever.

This is not merely another ploy to take the top, but to succeed in objectives that transcend the boundaries of the game. Do you want to be part of history in the making? Join the crusade hidden to all but the innermost members of the League?

Send a Private Message to determine your worth and ability to become one of but a few lucky souls immortalised in RWL history.

kell

founder of eire

first emp on the new server

windhound

QuoteThey seek him here, They seek him there,
Those Frenchies seek him everywhere.

Is he in heaven?
?Is he in hell?
That demmed, elusive Pimpernel.
Sir Percy Blakeney (ch.12)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Scarlet_Pimpernel

curious
A Goldfish has an attention span of 3 seconds...  so do I
~ In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded ~
There are only 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't

Rough Raiders

Quote from: windhound on October 16, 2007, 02:12:15 PM
QuoteThey seek him here, They seek him there,
Those Frenchies seek him everywhere.

Is he in heaven?
?Is he in [haties]?
That demmed, elusive Pimpernel.
Sir Percy Blakeney (ch.12)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Scarlet_Pimpernel

curious

Indubitably
Official Forum Acorn Thrower
Holbs is the Master Slicer of MY Acorns with Twin Katana Swords
Leader of the TMNT Alliance
I CLAIM MYSELF THE ALMIGHTY HATED ONE ;)

Scarwake

I don't mean to sound pessimistic but the "exclusive" membership/higher meaning or purpose card to get people to join a clan has been used multiple times before...

Most don't go for it and with the game being sooo small most won't go for it either.
Member of the ROC: 03/14/2000
Emperor of

http://www.flickr.com/photos/rwl/  RWL Photo Album
In-Character Album

Rough Raiders

Yeah, Scarwake is right, even in its hayday, RWL clans with exclusive membership didnt last... I speak from experience... :'(
Official Forum Acorn Thrower
Holbs is the Master Slicer of MY Acorns with Twin Katana Swords
Leader of the TMNT Alliance
I CLAIM MYSELF THE ALMIGHTY HATED ONE ;)

Gen. Volkov

Well, some clans of that sort do last, though generally it's done by recruiting elite players beforehand. ROME didn't last, but it was extremely exclusive. Without the infighting, it would have lasted quite awhile. I can think of a few that have lasted.

However, TJ does have a point. We'll see how this one goes.
It is said that when Rincewind dies the occult ability of the entire human race will go up by a fraction. -Terry Pratchett

cloud says: I'm pretty sure I'm immune to everything that I can be immune to...brb snorting anthrax.

Sticker334 says(Peace Alliance): OMG! HOBOES

windhound

depends though
Rome lasted a good amount of time, long enough for everyone to realize who and what they were and for them to dominate the top ten...
without internal conflicts it could have lasted longer, sure.

problem is getting everyone to work together and play nice
somtimes this is easier when you handpick your members, othertimes its harder as not all 'elite members' work well together, nor follow the direction of the leader
A Goldfish has an attention span of 3 seconds...  so do I
~ In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded ~
There are only 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't

Percy

We can all now mock the doubters! The League of the Scarlet Pimpernel is here to stay.