Game Guide--Races

Started by White Fang, July 09, 2007, 12:11:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

White Fang

There's quite a number of errors in it: not only do the colors and the values not match (some bonuses are red and some drawbacks green), but some of the +/- are wrong (for example, Rat gets +40% to mercs, but it reads as -40%).

taekwondokid42

the -40 means -40 cost.

you wouldn't like it if rats were more expensive right?

White Fang

Yes, I know...but I contacted I friend who ran as a Rat, and he said merc prices were really high.

And I've seen personally that the merc field for Stoat is backwards (Stoats get 10% to mercs, but the game guide says -10%).

taekwondokid42

O, I see now.

Peace Alliance

Higher prices in mercs mean you can sell for higher too, so for indy's thats a bonus... but for anyone who rely's on buying mercs for their strat it's a bad thing. Not sure what colour i should make it then...

taekwondokid42

make it blue, so ppl know that it is a number other than 0, yet blue is neither positive nor negative.

Just be sure that its a light enough blue to stand out against the dark background.

White Fang

It's not the colors that are messed up...it's the +/-.

taekwondokid42

If it is a plus, it means that when you go to buy mercs, the price will be higher (+ price, not + meaning its a good thing)
Also, when you sell it, you can sell for more (+ price, and although it is a good thing, thats not why its a plus)

Same for the minus stuff.

Peace Alliance

the + and - depend on it's relation to the number 1. When i set the settings 1.000 is the norm for everything and if i raise something i make it something like 1.200 and if i lower it it becomes 0.800

White Fang

Right, I know all this.

What I'm saying is that the Game Guide says that Rat has -40% to mercs, when they actually have +40%...the same goes for Stoat, where it says -10%, but it's actually +10%. (In other words, Stoat and Rat have elevated merc prices, when the guide says they have decreased merc prices).

taekwondokid42

Orcrist

Perhaps make the definition of"mercs" be "price of mercenaries (buying and selling)" Then the green and be for - and the red for +, even though + can be a positive for some strats...
~Orcrist~

"We will win the war...it is a simple case of mathematics." -Samuel Grant