Races... [What The Ferret]?!

Started by Gorak, July 07, 2007, 06:02:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

taekwondokid42

you have 100k leaders.

you have100k land.

build huts, academy to full, build huts, academy to full, build huts, academy to full, ect.

in total, you will spend 30-60 turns building, and you will spend 14 turns using academy every time you build more huts.

The key is that the spell will work based on leaders/hut, not leaders/land.

So you can have 1 hut and still feast, even if you have 1 bil land.

Wolf Snare

He's right. you will continue getting leaders, 10x the amount of huts you have built at the time. You can spend one run with all of the land gaining loyalty, get smacked to 3k land, and it wont matter. reguardless you can still take all the land the next run, accademy, and make all the gold you could ever dream of. I think accademy is overpowered aswell.
1. Fire Bringer (#22)
1. Jaturungkabart (#12)
1. Estranged (#50)
1. Fierce Deity (#17) 
1. bored... (#98)
1. Versace (#24)
1. Noah Calhoun (#10)
1. Day Old Hate (#7)
1. The Grand Optimist (#12)
1. Beast Mode (#7)

Gen. Volkov

No, he's wrong Snare.  Once you hit max leaders per hut, you lose leaders. Fundamental rule of the game, and if it's not that way, then it's a game flaw and should be fixed. Academy is there so you can fill your huts to 175. Also, you can't "academy to full" because you need a ratio of 90 in your huts to academy. You'd waste a lot more than 60 turns doing it. If you got smacked to 3k, and then gained all the land back, you'd spend most of your run just getting back to where you can academy again. I mean seriously Snare, you are smarter than this.

I know how the spell works taek, that's not my point, you can't have more than 175 leaders per hut, period, end of story.
It is said that when Rincewind dies the occult ability of the entire human race will go up by a fraction. -Terry Pratchett

cloud says: I'm pretty sure I'm immune to everything that I can be immune to...brb snorting anthrax.

Sticker334 says(Peace Alliance): OMG! HOBOES

Wolf Snare

It's simple Dan. Leave your mind open to possibilities for a moment. Of course now that the attacking system is back to normal, this changes a little bit, but the properties are still the same;

You long on to 10k land with say 7 mil leaders.

you attack the fattest target a couple times, build huts to save your deserting leaders. You manage to salvage, say 3 mil of your leaders. ( you would have attacked a couple of times, gathered around 7k land and constructed it into huts. Now you have a ratio of 175 on 17k land.

Sound right so far?

you carry on attacking your land targets, and when you reach 30k land, you construct it into huts. you then cast accademy until you lose leaders because of overflowing huts (about 8 casts). you now have over 5 mil leaders.

keep attacking until you have 50k acres. construct and repeat.

If you want to just gather all of the land at once, and work your way up by building as you cast, it's workable that was aswell. Having done it several times, I am certain it is do-able in less than 100 turns. That being having all of the land in the game and gaining 75% more leaders on top of that. Simple. A little too simple IMO.
1. Fire Bringer (#22)
1. Jaturungkabart (#12)
1. Estranged (#50)
1. Fierce Deity (#17) 
1. bored... (#98)
1. Versace (#24)
1. Noah Calhoun (#10)
1. Day Old Hate (#7)
1. The Grand Optimist (#12)
1. Beast Mode (#7)

Gen. Volkov

QuoteIf you want to just gather all of the land at once, and work your way up by building as you cast, it's workable that was aswell. Having done it several times, I am certain it is do-able in less than 100 turns. That being having all of the land in the game and gaining 75% more leaders on top of that. Simple. A little too simple IMO.

I may have completely misunderstood the argument, that wasn't what I was arguing against. What you both seemed to be saying was that academy made it possible to go over the 175 ratio and retain those leaders.

Still seems like it would take longer than 70 or 100 turns to do all that though. Building 100k land is going to take 50 or 60 turns at least, and then add in academy at 7 turns a pop every time you hit the 100 ratio. Not mention the loss rate of leaders is extremely rapid. If you logged on at 3k, you'd be hard pressed to save more than maybe 1.5 mil.
It is said that when Rincewind dies the occult ability of the entire human race will go up by a fraction. -Terry Pratchett

cloud says: I'm pretty sure I'm immune to everything that I can be immune to...brb snorting anthrax.

taekwondokid42

Quote from: Gen. Volkov on July 25, 2007, 08:32:05 PM
I may have completely misunderstood the argument, that wasn't what I was arguing against. What you both seemed to be saying was that academy made it possible to go over the 175 ratio and retain those leaders.
sorry for the misunderstanding
Quote from: Gen. Volkov on July 25, 2007, 08:32:05 PM
Still seems like it would take longer than 70 or 100 turns to do all that though. Building 100k land is going to take 50 or 60 turns at least, and then add in academy at 7 turns a pop every time you hit the 100 ratio. Not mention the loss rate of leaders is extremely rapid. If you logged on at 3k, you'd be hard pressed to save more than maybe 1.5 mil.

Nope, breakdown of my run:

1. You start with 3k land. You attack to get as much land as possible, not even worrying about loosing leaders
2. (your now at about 100k) start alternating building huts and academying.
3. after 70 turns of that, you are now at 100k huts with 168-174 leaders/hut.
4. you should still have 300-330 turns. ( before they brought back the old attacking system)

Even if you went from 1.5k - 100k, it would only take about 80 turns.

And I speak from experience,  so its genuine.

Gen. Volkov

Quote4. you should still have 300-330 turns. ( before they brought back the old attacking system)

Hmm, alright, I'll take your word for it until I can test for myself. Less turn wastage than what I was describing earlier, still wasting quite a few turns though. You'd almost be forced to do alternate loyalty and cash runs. But the ratio isn't completely unstoppable. Someone with 7 mil leaders and 10k land could get through it, or someone who had used academy and had the full 175 ratio before losing some land.

Stoat is a bit more powerful than I gave it credit it for, but it's not quite a game breaker. I think we'll find that Marten can still compete.