I got a job!

Started by Aqualis, May 24, 2007, 02:41:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aqualis

I'll be working at a camp all summer, in the kitchen. Yay!

Any advice?
"Less talky, more drivey." ~Hawk, Applegeeks Issue #161

~the mighta awualis

idunno

wolf bite

Peace works at camp.

Wolf Bite
Grand Master Wolf Bite
Wolf Pack =  Klowd19, Blood Wake, Sonoras, Giggles

Gorak

stay outta the bar and resist the urge to fill your fridge with beer everyday
then you might come away from the job with something to show for all your hard work

(my first job was in construction, I worked 65+ hours a week at $13/hour + overtime, in 6 months, I spent somewhere from $4-6k on alcohol, and ended up with nothing to show for the hard work cept an old beat up olds and a drinking problem)
Victory without honour, is more shameful then defeat.

cloud

Quote from: Gorak on May 24, 2007, 06:12:11 PM
stay outta the bar and resist the urge to fill your fridge with beer everyday
then you might come away from the job with something to show for all your hard work

(my first job was in construction, I worked 65+ hours a week at $13/hour + overtime, in 6 months, I spent somewhere from $4-6k on alcohol, and ended up with nothing to show for the hard work cept an old beat up olds and a drinking problem)

lol, sounds like my first year at college.
"Through the wonders of scientific and mathematical reasoning, we can now reasonable infer that "cloud" is in fact "a bear"."
-Kilk

Once an emperor, always an emperor...

Peace Alliance

workin at a camp eh? Make sure to use your time off wisely. Always helps to be alone for a while.

i haven't done kitchen, but anyone who has at my camp has always had to work hard.

Aqualis

Judging by the intelligence of the last bar owner I encountered, the following script is sure to get me in:

Bartender: Can I see some ID?
Me: *hands over ID that says he's seventeen*
Bartender: Is this fake?
Me: Yes, you've caught me. I'm actually 23. I'm just got tired of not being chased out of bars. I miss those times.
Bartender: Ah, well, what would you like?
Me: I'll take a Moscow Mule.

Voila! I am in! Okay, so the last bartender I talked to was a moron, and he did ask if my ID (the one that says I'm too young to walk through the door) was fake.
"Less talky, more drivey." ~Hawk, Applegeeks Issue #161

~the mighta awualis

kell

that's sweet. the cops messed up my ID making me a year older which is no big deal when your over 18 went to to my driving test and your man wouldn't let me cause my ID and passport had different ages can you believe that?
founder of eire

first emp on the new server