??????????????????????? *Is wanting to know*???????????????????????

Started by Resident Geek, April 05, 2007, 12:03:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Resident Geek

What does "Take" do? I'm assuming that it takes land from someone else, but I need to verify before I do anything dumb. 8|

wolf bite

Take takes someone's city (if they have one). You must beat the other person in leaders and armies by a whole bunch to take a city using Take.

Wolf Bite
Grand Master Wolf Bite
Wolf Pack =  Klowd19, Blood Wake, Sonoras, Giggles

Resident Geek

Ok. Good thing I didn't try that then... LOL...
Another thing that is really confusing me. Why is it that when I build buildings, my Net goes way down? Everything goes up, (Even Money) but my Net goes down. Why? Also, how is Money calculated into the Networth? It doesn't seem to show on the net-makeup screen, and it most certainly isn't 1:1. How is that calculated?

Ruddertail

I'm not sure how money is calculated. NW for unbuilt land is higher then NW for built on land - I think it's 600 and 500, but I could be wrong - maybe it's 1k and 500. In either case, when you build, you lose net.
Kyle says:
"what happens if the land farm drops land"

Quote from: Ungatt Trunn II (@ Kilk) on June 12, 2011, 06:16:11 PM
Sober up you fool!

23   ?   Land Farm (Free Land) (#39)   20,779   $23,671,428   Worship   Rat   Southsward

wolf bite

Cash does not have much value.  When you check the net worth screen, it only counts things that are over 1% of your overall net. If you want net, then make food.  But keep your defenses up so someone does not poison it.

Cash / 2500
Food * 10 / 500
Free Land * 100

Wolf Bite
Grand Master Wolf Bite

Resident Geek

But in the NW make-up screen it says:

Land * 500
Free Land * 100

Doesn't this mean that built land is more valuable?  :?

Food doesn't have much value either though... Why not just use Gold-mine, and Steal, to get money, and then use that money for military instead? Military is worth far more than food. It comes in fairly quickly too when you have enough Tents, Barracks, and Huts. At about 30/30/40 you should be able to get enough Loyalty to get lots of money from Steal and Goldmine, you can spend this on a bunch of Skiffs, then you have a ton of Workers, who are worth #*3 and bring in even more money, and the price of military units is down by 30%! At the same time, you would be well protected from idiots trying to invade your land. Would this be a good strategy? It seems as though it should work. Do you see any inherent problems with this strategy?

wolf bite

Built land does have more value. What you are seeing when you build is the loss of food as you are feeding your armies when you used the turns to build. Maybe each piece of food does not have much value, but it comes in big batches, thus lots of food to get a high net worth.

Yes, armies have good net worth and give you the power to attack. But they also require food and pay for each turn, thus as you get enough of them to give you net, you are spending your turns trying to feed them. The game is about fighting and armies make you fight better. But your question was not about a strategy, but about making some net. Sometimes making net is important so that you can get big enough to fight the higher people. Which is what I thought you were asking.

As far as your strategy. You are building tents, which brings workers to buy at your markets. But you are not building any markets which will multiply the value of your tents by a lot. Better to have a lot of markets and just a few tents. And you will have a basic strategy.

But your idea of living off steal and goldmine with only 40% huts will not give you the best value for your loyalty. The math is complicated. Trust me. What you may want to do is play with Markets 30% Tents 5% Barracks 30% Foragers 15% and Huts 20% (adjust as needed based on your expenses). Then use your armies to keep gaining land. Slowly you will gain loyalty which since you will only be using it to keep your shields up, you should save a lot. Then in 2 weeks make a run changing to full huts (selling off armies to support the change). Then when attacked a bit, you will have a ratio with your leaders per land to make the most out of your loyalty and be able to skyrocket in everything.

Yes, there are a lot of different ways to play, this is just one. And not hard to do when you are new.

Wolf Bite

Grand Master Wolf Bite

Resident Geek

OK, I understand your strategy but I'm not losing NW because of lost food. I'm going up in EVERYTHING including food, and I still go down. I'm very confused on this...

wolf bite

Okay, let me check this out for you. I have gone onto your Reg account using my admin account. I can now look over your shoulder. Although we welcome other suggestions people may have here, let me chat to you in game so I don't have to give out information in public.

Wolf Bite
(Admin Duties)
Grand Master Wolf Bite

White Fang

Hey, guys. I checked the networth makeup chart, and your net is going down when you build, Resident Geek, because the 100 for free land is in addition to the 500 for all of your land. Essentially, built land is worth 500, but free land is worth 600.

Alazar is Back

Quote from: White Fang on April 07, 2007, 07:35:47 AM
Hey, guys. I checked the networth makeup chart, and your net is going down when you build, Resident Geek, because the 100 for free land is in addition to the 500 for all of your land. Essentially, built land is worth 500, but free land is worth 600.

ah, i have been wondering how that worked for awhile! Well knowledge is power, so watch out!!! :evil:
Turbo Highest Rank:Co-Emperor with Wolf Snare, Emperor

One of the most underrated players at RWL..