vacationers

Started by Shadow, April 30, 2007, 09:42:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shadow

how about that for every day beyond the original time limit someone stays on vacation, their assets get taxed. say they lose 5% of everything per day, and it goes onto the land farm. this would need tweaking, but you get the general idea
<=holbs-.. ..-holbs=> <=holbs-..

Gen. Volkov

How about no. What is it with you people and your obsession with penalties for vacationers? The point of vacation is that you are able to put your account on hold while you go deal with RL. I fully intend to come back to my account, and I'm sure the others on vaca do too. 5% of everything everyday would quickly reduce an account to nothing, if the person did not have the capability of or could not afford to come back for awhile.

If you all really want vacation limits, then let's have two forms of vaca. One is short term, which acts just like the normal kind, except you can only stay in for say, 3 days. Then there is long term, which has a minimum week waiting period, and you can't go into it unless you have 35k land or under. Or whatever you want to set the land limit at. Anything else, I and others will be dead set against. Penalties for vacationers is just RIDICULOUS. You should not be penalized for having a freaking LIFE.
It is said that when Rincewind dies the occult ability of the entire human race will go up by a fraction. -Terry Pratchett

cloud says: I'm pretty sure I'm immune to everything that I can be immune to...brb snorting anthrax.

Sticker334 says(Peace Alliance): OMG! HOBOES

windhound

I lol'd
whats the point in having people wither away under protection?  they're nolonger visible on the scores page (unless you scroll down) and they're not hurting anything
I can see the point in forcing land to be x amount so that people dont go locking up tons of land, but meh
we want to encourage people to play again, not take away what they built because they were, for whatever reason, unable to play
A Goldfish has an attention span of 3 seconds...  so do I
~ In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded ~
There are only 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't

Peace Alliance

i always hate it when land gets locked up by somebody on vaca. but other then that i can't see any point in terms of the game balance and fairness to add in any sort of penalties for vacationers. From a playability standpoint it would make a lot of people less likely to come back to the game if they knew their account was ruined.

(oh, and suggestions should go to the development forum [i get to it faster there anyways! hehe])

*moves*