sig

Started by RazorClaw, October 12, 2006, 03:12:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RazorClaw

hey guys,
I jsut wanted to apologize to anyone who was offended by my previous sig. It was intended only to be comedic, and not to insinuate that anyone should actually do harm to themselves. It was ignorant of me not to think of it in that context.

Ruddertail

I donno... I found it rather funny... Kind of a "That's disturbing, but amusing" type thing...

Kyle says:
"what happens if the land farm drops land"

Quote from: Ungatt Trunn II (@ Kilk) on June 12, 2011, 06:16:11 PM
Sober up you fool!

23   ?   Land Farm (Free Land) (#39)   20,779   $23,671,428   Worship   Rat   Southsward

Gen. Volkov

Yeah, I liked it. I thought it was funny as heck. (Darn the word filters)
It is said that when Rincewind dies the occult ability of the entire human race will go up by a fraction. -Terry Pratchett

cloud says: I'm pretty sure I'm immune to everything that I can be immune to...brb snorting anthrax.

Sticker334 says(Peace Alliance): OMG! HOBOES

Gorak

I missed it
now I'm curious
Victory without honour, is more shameful then defeat.

wolf bite

I found it to be interesting. Thanks for removing it on your own for the greater good of those that took it a literal.

Wolf Bite
Grand Master Wolf Bite
Wolf Pack =  Klowd19, Blood Wake, Sonoras, Giggles

Ruddertail

Was there actually anybody who came out and said "I'm offended by that", etc? Or was it just a precautionary measure?
Kyle says:

Sober up you fool!

23   ?   Land Farm (Free Land) (#39)   20,779   $23,671,428   Worship   Rat   Southsward

Peace Alliance

Aye, the image bothered me. I know it wasn't meant to be an insult, and few see it as such. I just don't like when such a topic is made light of. (i've had close friends stuggling with depression and issues like that)

wolf bite

Some people had commented that it made them uncomfortable, but did not want it known they came to the staff over the matter. I did not see anything that out right broke any rules to take staff action concerning it. I talked to Razorclaw as a friend without my staff hat on. Razorclaw stepped up like a man and removed something that may have disturbed others. Not more really to it then just said.

Wolf Bite
Grand Master Wolf Bite
Wolf Pack =  Klowd19, Blood Wake, Sonoras, Giggles

Ruddertail

Ah. Well, in that case I perfectly understand, and (hopefully) would have done the same thing in Razor's place. If you have friends/rellatives who go through the whole depression thing... yeah, I can see how it'd be more disturbing then funny.
Kyle says:

Sober up you fool!

TR Shadow

People are too easily offended these days.  =\

RazorClaw

Quote from: TR Shadow on November 01, 2006, 06:59:16 PM
People are too easily offended these days.? =\
So says someone who got all angry when a certain clever, good-looking, and fantastically witty young board member made a "TR Penguin" account.

Peace Alliance

You forgot brilliant.

RazorClaw

Clever and Brilliant are essentially interchangeable, but I didn't want to come across as too egotistic.

TR Shadow

Quote from: RazorClaw on November 17, 2006, 12:36:39 PM
Quote from: TR Shadow on November 01, 2006, 06:59:16 PM
People are too easily offended these days.? =\
So says someone who got all angry when a certain clever, good-looking, and fantastically witty young board member made a "TR Penguin" account.

...I don't even remember that.  But whatever.  You caught me.

RazorClaw

you'd have to be a complete loser to remember something like that. Wait.  :? Nevermind.