Members, we'd like your input.

Started by Scarwake, August 09, 2006, 01:06:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Scarwake

Hey, all of my RWL buddies and friends!  In our attempts to liven things up around here, I'd like to come to you.  No no no, not to join a clan or anything of that such, but to ask you guys & girls what kind of things would you like to see around RWL?  Whether it be something with the forums or the games, we'll gladly take all suggestions and review them all & see what we can't do with those that we believe will help RWL regain its sparkle!

Thanks! And just reply to this thread to give us your ideas on how to improve things around here!!!

~Scarwake
~Mod Duties~
Member of the ROC: 03/14/2000
Emperor of

http://www.flickr.com/photos/rwl/  RWL Photo Album
In-Character Album

Wolf Snare

well Scarwake, I think it might be a good idea to liven up the games. They are both looking extremely dead at the moment. I suggest we bring in some tough rivals from other servers, aswell as creating a recruiting campaigne to really liven things up ingame. I can always help convince older members to come back, but also if we get some new blood, so to speak, RWL could enter a whole new era.

Also, I'd like to eventually see RWL go back to turns coming every 10 minutes, and maybe even an update on the game code. I know Retto is never around so this sounds far fetched, but if we had a brand new, less flawed code, we could attract all sorts of people to the forums and the game.
   If thats too much to ask, I think we should atleast work on fixing up the races. Half of the special spells, the one thing that only RWL has in its prom game, DON'T WORK! If we could get some of our clever and creative members together to brainstorm ideas we could have a whole list of interesting new spells. This would definately help fix the game, and it would encourage our members to try new races, since Martens are all but completely taking over. I might come and add some more thoughts later, Just wanted to suggest a couple of things.

let me know what you think about that.

? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? Wolf Snare
1. Fire Bringer (#22)
1. Jaturungkabart (#12)
1. Estranged (#50)
1. Fierce Deity (#17) 
1. bored... (#98)
1. Versace (#24)
1. Noah Calhoun (#10)
1. Day Old Hate (#7)
1. The Grand Optimist (#12)
1. Beast Mode (#7)

Gen. Volkov

An active Admin who can code?

As for constructive comments: How about something like what the Valhall people are organizing? A clan competition or something like it would bring in new people. If we can get enough new people, I might even start playing again.
It is said that when Rincewind dies the occult ability of the entire human race will go up by a fraction. -Terry Pratchett

cloud says: I'm pretty sure I'm immune to everything that I can be immune to...brb snorting anthrax.

Sticker334 says(Peace Alliance): OMG! HOBOES

Scarwake

I cannot speak for the entirety of the staff, but with Retto not being around much it would be very difficult for us to modify the code and spells, we also need access to the server inorder to upload for example a new code.  The likely-hood of such happening is very rare as we currently don't have a very good programer to manifest new code or what not.

A Recruiting campaign is something that any member could easily do, simply by using our banner image and linking it to the RWL site and posting it around for example any other prom games or Redwall sites that way we can be seen by a wider range of people.

The clan competition idea isn't a bad one either, though with some of the minor code flaws(the spells) not working properly we can't really enable people from other prom games to experience RWL to its fullest, granted that wouldn't be anything to really hold us back from such an event, just a minor draw-back.  We have all the necessary means to support a clan competition;we(the staff) can easily accomodate clans with their own forum for easier communication with each other as well as a few other things.

An active admin that can code would be a great advantage, though I do think Peace is learning how to code or can somewhat code to a limit.

Any other staff members feel free to add to any of this, and members feel free to suggest Ideas, all will be taken into consideration based upon IF we can do it & if it is felt that it will benefit the RWL community.
Emperor of

In-Character Album

Dead Eye

I think we should just blow up the whole place. It looks like some one hit it in the face with a rather large rock, and then half the face fell off.
Dead Eye Trueflight of the Seas, Servent to the Emperor and Empress of the Northlands<br><br><a href='http://kevan.org/brain.cgi?Itha' target='_blank'>http://kevan.org/brain.cgi?Itha</a><br><br>Spokesperson for The winter clan. <br><br>Part of the ROC since some time in October-Nov

Scarwake

Well, there's a face we've not seen for awhile....though I must say that was rather rude, lol
Emperor of

In-Character Album

Ruddertail

Hey, I know this is kind of late, but I'd like to echo what's been said. Fresh blood, spells fixed and bugs cleaned out, and an active admin who can code would all be great.

The clan competition would be cool, as well. My advice is get the stuff fixed up and someone who'll run it first, then try. Otherwise, people will come, see a half broken down game, and not be too interested...

Kyle says:
"what happens if the land farm drops land"

Quote from: Ungatt Trunn II (@ Kilk) on June 12, 2011, 06:16:11 PM
Sober up you fool!

23   ?   Land Farm (Free Land) (#39)   20,779   $23,671,428   Worship   Rat   Southsward