RIP Steve Irwin

Started by Peace Alliance, September 04, 2006, 10:54:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Peace Alliance

Died at age 44 when a stingrays barb went right into his heart.

http://www.news.com.au/adelaidenow/story/0,22606,20354248-5006301,00.html

Man this makes me sad.

TR Shadow

Crikey!

I wondered if someone would post this.

Yeah, you know, the saddest thing about it is that the public knew about it hours before his wife heard.

Gen. Volkov

Really? That is truly sad indeed.

Poor guy, I always thought he would get himself killed somehow... but I more imagined a poisonous snakebite or a croc biting him in half. What a horrible freak accident.
It is said that when Rincewind dies the occult ability of the entire human race will go up by a fraction. -Terry Pratchett

cloud says: I'm pretty sure I'm immune to everything that I can be immune to...brb snorting anthrax.

Sticker334 says(Peace Alliance): OMG! HOBOES

Peace Alliance

His wife was in the middle of a mountain hiking about... and the media would have known minutes after it happened 'cause steve was a media idol.

Deathclaw

its sad... but honestly, when you do crazy poo like that, something was going to happen sooner or later.
Glory, Glory, Man United!

Wolf Snare

He was shooting a film. I think I heard that after they were done for the day, he went back in to get some footage for his son. He got too close, possibly attempted to grab the stingray, and got stuck with the barb. He actually managed to pull it out of his heart before he died. He was a trooper, I loved that guy. RIP Steve Irwin.
1. Fire Bringer (#22)
1. Jaturungkabart (#12)
1. Estranged (#50)
1. Fierce Deity (#17) 
1. bored... (#98)
1. Versace (#24)
1. Noah Calhoun (#10)
1. Day Old Hate (#7)
1. The Grand Optimist (#12)
1. Beast Mode (#7)

Deathclaw

I heard the video of it happening is on youtube.
Glory, Glory, Man United!

The Lady Shael

There were several clips of the actual footage they were shooting for the documentary on YouTube, but they've been taken down already.
~The Lady Shael Varonne the Benevolent of the Southern Islands, First Empress of Mossflower Country, and Commandress of the Daughters of Delor

RWLers, your wish is my command...as long as it complies with the rules.

Holby

I will not deleted this