Volkov is stupid, part 3! Exposing the evil!

Started by Peace Alliance, April 26, 2006, 01:47:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ruddertail

So? The bomb itself would have a big enough radar profile. In addition, the shelter is strong enough to withstand the bunker buster. It would simpley explode uselessly above it.

I may lose eventually, but I not until I'm beaten. That, or when I leave...
Kyle says:
"what happens if the land farm drops land"

Quote from: Ungatt Trunn II (@ Kilk) on June 12, 2011, 06:16:11 PM
Sober up you fool!

23   ?   Land Farm (Free Land) (#39)   20,779   $23,671,428   Worship   Rat   Southsward

Gen. Volkov

Yes, it would be bomb-sized, that's still pretty small. But ok, you can track the bomb, but can your plot it's trajectory and intercept with a missile before it hits ground? A bunker buster travels extremely deep before it detonates, and it has sensors that tell it when it is passing through a wall or in open air. If it was stopped by your walls in your bunker, then I would simply be sure the nuke inside is of large enough yield so that it not getting through won't matter. 100 megatons should do the trick. Depending on how deep your bunker is, or how deep the bomb penetrates, the resulting crater where everything has been vaporized will be between 5 and 30 miles wide, and 1 to 2 miles deep. In otherwords, you, and your little bunker, will be vaporized, no matter how hard it is.
It is said that when Rincewind dies the occult ability of the entire human race will go up by a fraction. -Terry Pratchett

cloud says: I'm pretty sure I'm immune to everything that I can be immune to...brb snorting anthrax.

Sticker334 says(Peace Alliance): OMG! HOBOES

Peace Alliance

*is immune to any sort of bombs 'cause he's a pirate*

Gen. Volkov

It is said that when Rincewind dies the occult ability of the entire human race will go up by a fraction. -Terry Pratchett

cloud says: I'm pretty sure I'm immune to everything that I can be immune to...brb snorting anthrax.

Peace Alliance

Aqualis

"Less talky, more drivey." ~Hawk, Applegeeks Issue #161

~the mighta awualis

Gen. Volkov

Because that's what pirates are vulnerable too.

Squid? You are correct, I don't get it.

Ruddertail

100 megatons? That sounds like it'd take up an awfully large amount of space, though I'm no expert on measurments of nuclear weapon mass.

In addiont, the harder and more resistant a material is, the more power required to vaporize, correct? If so, why couldn't my bunker just be made of such tough material that all the nukes ever made on earth couldn't scratch it?
Kyle says:
"what happens if the land farm drops land"

Quote from: Ungatt Trunn II (@ Kilk) on June 12, 2011, 06:16:11 PM
Sober up you fool!

23   ?   Land Farm (Free Land) (#39)   20,779   $23,671,428   Worship   Rat   Southsward

Gen. Volkov

Because one, no, vaporization is a reaction to heat, and two, there is no material anywhere ever that could withstand the heat generated by a thermonuclear weapon. We're talking temperatures approaching that in the core of the SUN.

And bomb making technology has gotten good enough that a 100 megaton device is not all that large, comparatively speaking. With nukes size does not equal power. All of todays nukes are smaller than the bombs dropped on Hiroshima and Nagasaki, but they are thousands of times more powerful. In the analogy of my Chemistry professor, if the power of the Hiroshima blast was scaled so that it was a grain of rice, modern nukes would be a whole bag of rice. That's the power difference were are talking about here. Yet every single one of them is smaller than the Hiroshima bomb. The smallest nukes, with a yield of say, 600 kilotons, can fit inside a backpack. The government is working on a nuke that can be held in one hand. THe biggest are about the size of a 5000 pound bomb. Those have  yields anywhere from 100 to 300 megatons. Remember "The Core"? The movie sucked, and was horribly inaccurate in most respects, but the size of the 200 megaton nukes used was essentially accurate.

Aqualis

Squids are the guys on motorcycles with out helmets, in shorts, with sandles, sometimes shirtless, pulling wheels while lanesplitting through the middle of town. That's is an extreme example.

~the mighta awualis

Gen. Volkov

Oh. Them. Yeah. So what does that have to do with the subject at hand?

Aqualis

~the mighta awualis