Intentional Maxing

Started by Beem, February 27, 2006, 09:37:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gen. Volkov

Ah, but the hour wait doesn't take him back to normal nevada. It just unmaxes him, he still has a counter up there pretty high. I know, I've tried waiting an hour after seeing that someone was maxed. Not that many hits before he was maxed again.
It is said that when Rincewind dies the occult ability of the entire human race will go up by a fraction. -Terry Pratchett

cloud says: I'm pretty sure I'm immune to everything that I can be immune to...brb snorting anthrax.

Sticker334 says(Peace Alliance): OMG! HOBOES

Ruddertail

The counter drops 1 every hour, 2 every time the player attacks.

Therefore, one run of maxing = one day of saftey.

Now, it's not really that practical on Reg, unless you have three or four maxers, but on turbo you can keep a guy pretty much solid maxed all the time...
Kyle says:
"what happens if the land farm drops land"

Quote from: Ungatt Trunn II (@ Kilk) on June 12, 2011, 06:16:11 PM
Sober up you fool!

23   ?   Land Farm (Free Land) (#39)   20,779   $23,671,428   Worship   Rat   Southsward

Peace Alliance

Maxing, and the exchange of land by losing like that, are not meant to be in the game.

Gen. Volkov

Oh and in addition, he doesn't have to heal to full right away to keep attacking, or even 6 turns. All he has to do is heal 2 turns and he can attack again.
It is said that when Rincewind dies the occult ability of the entire human race will go up by a fraction. -Terry Pratchett

cloud says: I'm pretty sure I'm immune to everything that I can be immune to...brb snorting anthrax.

Holby

I meant to use the 1 rat thing yesterday, but didn't due to circumstances. I just saw the reg thread about Cloud/Wolf Snare a minute ago and had no idea this was no longer a legitimate tactic. Interesting.

Really needed to be pinned or posted somewhere important, as would have been funny to find myself disabled today.
I will not deleted this

Wolf Snare

My point exactly. I had no idea it was no longer allowed.
1. Fire Bringer (#22)
1. Jaturungkabart (#12)
1. Estranged (#50)
1. Fierce Deity (#17) 
1. bored... (#98)
1. Versace (#24)
1. Noah Calhoun (#10)
1. Day Old Hate (#7)
1. The Grand Optimist (#12)
1. Beast Mode (#7)

cloud

I knew intentially maxing wasn't allowed. Which is why I went to talk to wolf bite to see if suiciding land was deemed as maxing. I also tried to find the post where he outlawed intential maxing to see what the exact ruling was, but I couldn't find it.  Things that impact the game should be stickied....
"Through the wonders of scientific and mathematical reasoning, we can now reasonable infer that "cloud" is in fact "a bear"."
-Kilk

Once an emperor, always an emperor...

bjornredtail

QuoteMaxing, and the exchange of land by losing like that, are not meant to be in the game.
Similarly, market storeing isn't supposed to be part of the game, yet everyone still uses it.

In any case, I do not belive it should be outright banned by the administration... If you want to balence it out a bit, mess around with minium health to attack and the rate attacks are removed from recent attacks counter to make this stragity more costly.
0==={=B=J=O=R=N=R=E=D=T=A=I=L==>
AKA, Nevadacow
First person to ever play RWL

"Program testing can be used to show the presence of bugs, but never to show their absence!"-Edsger W. Dijkstra

Visit http://frostnflame.org today!

Gen. Volkov

We would, but Retto is never here.

Neobaron

*makes note of someone else realizing why Neo is now based at FaF*
Neobaron, first among the lords of the south and captain of the flying skiff

Quote from: Death on February 08, 2010, 09:40:29 PM
oh lawd the drama done begun yo

Quote from: HolbyI am writing a post explaining how lame you are.

Gen. Volkov

LOL. I have known it for far longer than that my friend. I just never make an issue of it because I can't do anything about it.

Holby

So is there a final ruling on the 1 rat thing? Just how many attacks (if any) are permissible with intent to lose land?
I will not deleted this

Wolf Snare

certainly not 15+.. which, ironically, occured between yourself and light in the dark a day after you posted this... hmmm
1. Fire Bringer (#22)
1. Jaturungkabart (#12)
1. Estranged (#50)
1. Fierce Deity (#17) 
1. bored... (#98)
1. Versace (#24)
1. Noah Calhoun (#10)
1. Day Old Hate (#7)
1. The Grand Optimist (#12)
1. Beast Mode (#7)