Negative Leaders?

Started by Ruddertail, February 03, 2006, 06:15:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ruddertail

I'm trying to goldmine, but it says I need - so many leaders. Is that true, or just a bug? And, if I really do need negative leaders, what's the best way to go about doing so? Demolishing huts, and then rebuilding, leaving me with a net decrease of leaders?
Kyle says:
"what happens if the land farm drops land"

Quote from: Ungatt Trunn II (@ Kilk) on June 12, 2011, 06:16:11 PM
Sober up you fool!

23   ?   Land Farm (Free Land) (#39)   20,779   $23,671,428   Worship   Rat   Southsward

wolf bite

I think it is telling you how many more leaders you need in that you are negative ( - ) that many. I don't think you could ever have have too many leaders to run a mission. The only leader mission that is buggy is "move north" where sometimes more leaders are needed then the stated ratio.

Wolf Bite
Grand Master Wolf Bite
Wolf Pack =  Klowd19, Blood Wake, Sonoras, Giggles

Ruddertail

True. On the other hand, as I gained more leaders, the number it said I needed seemed to increase at the same rate. From negative 120k to negative 140k.

However, when I lost a pile of land, thus putting my ratio through the roof, I was able to do it. Unfortunately, I had the bad sense to make my run without anywhere near full turns, and, yeah... I'll get this down in a day or two...
Kyle says:

Sober up you fool!

23   ?   Land Farm (Free Land) (#39)   20,779   $23,671,428   Worship   Rat   Southsward

wolf bite

It may have seemed that you needed more each time, because each time you tried and could not, a bunch died. Or maybe you were taking on land and building more huts, thus would need more to get those full.

Wolf Bite
Grand Master Wolf Bite

Ruddertail

Oh... why didn't I think of that? Every time I think I'm getting good at the subtletees of these games, I pull off something increadibly stupid as far as caclulations go... Maybe that's a good thing.

Of course. If my leaders died, that would mean I would need more, now wouldn't it? As I wasn't gaining a ton of leaders a turn, the decrease would have been greater then the increase, thus, I needed more each time.

Thanks. *Goes away shaking head at own stupidity*
Kyle says:

Sober up you fool!

Gen. Volkov

For future reference Rudder, if you go to Dashboard under Army Status, it will give you your leaders/land and leaders/huts ratio. The minimum number of leaders per hut needed for goldmine to succeed is 95 per hut. And Move north is sometimes wonky, I had over 100 per hut and still couldn't move north. This was awhile ago though.
It is said that when Rincewind dies the occult ability of the entire human race will go up by a fraction. -Terry Pratchett

cloud says: I'm pretty sure I'm immune to everything that I can be immune to...brb snorting anthrax.

Sticker334 says(Peace Alliance): OMG! HOBOES

wolf bite

(Thanks General, you beat me to the post. But I might as well post it anyway)

Let me help you save your calculator?s batteries.

In game, go to HELP at top center of the page, then hit MAGIC, and it will give you the needed ratios for using leaders (this works better on the reg server). It should take you to ? http://www.redwallwarlords.com/rwl.php?action=whelp&t=magic ?.

Then go in game (either game) to ARMIE STATUS. On the bottom center you will see DASHBOARD. This will show you what your ratios are.

Just find the ratio that is needed and see when you have it. Also note that some ratios are leader to land and some are Leaders to Huts, take careful note.

Wolf Bite
Grand Master Wolf Bite

Ruddertail

Ah, yes. That dashboard feature is nice. 95 leaders/huts? Got it.

That link doesn't appear to work, Wolf. Leaders under game guide appears to be broken, as well.

But thanks, both of you.
Kyle says:

Sober up you fool!

Gen. Volkov

The link is broken in turbo, just not in reg. Yes, 95 per hut. Welcome. To both of you.
It is said that when Rincewind dies the occult ability of the entire human race will go up by a fraction. -Terry Pratchett

cloud says: I'm pretty sure I'm immune to everything that I can be immune to...brb snorting anthrax.

cloud

"Through the wonders of scientific and mathematical reasoning, we can now reasonable infer that "cloud" is in fact "a bear"."
-Kilk

Once an emperor, always an emperor...

Gen. Volkov

Nope 95. I've had 90 before and not been able to goldmine.