On landfat...

Started by bjornredtail, January 20, 2006, 07:02:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Do you belive that Landfat (the ratio of land to networth) is an accurate measure of the overall streignth and health of a horde?

Yes, lower landfat is stronger in its own right
Yes, lower landfat is stronger as fewer people attack hordes with low landfat ratios
Yes, higher landfat is stronger in its own right
Yes, lower landfat is stronger as fewer people attack hordes with high landfat ratios
No, landfat is not an effective measure of the streignth of a horde in RWL.

bjornredtail

Ok, so, what do you think? *can't rember if I run this poll before or not*

I personally belive that, on RWL, lower landfat is stronger as fewer people attack hordes with low landfat ratios. Otherwise I would not put too much creadence into landfat numbers as a measure of opponent's streighth or skill.
0==={=B=J=O=R=N=R=E=D=T=A=I=L==>
AKA, Nevadacow
First person to ever play RWL

"Program testing can be used to show the presence of bugs, but never to show their absence!"-Edsger W. Dijkstra

Visit http://frostnflame.org today!

Aqualis

I do not think it is a measure of strength. Low land fat is just a diversion, like a 'possum playin' dead.
"Less talky, more drivey." ~Hawk, Applegeeks Issue #161

~the mighta awualis

Ruddertail

I wouldn't say it's a good measure. High ratio of land to NW just means you've just made a good land-grabbing run, low ratio land to nw means you've been sitting for some time, and people have been grabbing land off you during that time.

Total NW is a much better measure of strength, I would think.

(Unless I totally missed the gist of the question...)
Kyle says:
"what happens if the land farm drops land"

Quote from: Ungatt Trunn II (@ Kilk) on June 12, 2011, 06:16:11 PM
Sober up you fool!

23   ?   Land Farm (Free Land) (#39)   20,779   $23,671,428   Worship   Rat   Southsward

windhound

it depends on the strat the person is using
a leader user with low land is much stronger than an indy with low land, and to an extent visa versa

A Goldfish has an attention span of 3 seconds...  so do I
~ In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded ~
There are only 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't

Neobaron

Certain players (David) just mass land for short term gain, others (PA) are able to hold it and use it effectively. Good leader players (Nohc, Snare) dont need it...

Basically what windy said, but with examples =-)
Neobaron, first among the lords of the south and captain of the flying skiff

Quote from: Death on February 08, 2010, 09:40:29 PM
oh lawd the drama done begun yo

Quote from: HolbyI am writing a post explaining how lame you are.

Gen. Volkov

Don't forget Volkov, sitting on top with 4k land in reg. I use land very effectively I do. Gimme 30k and I'll make 50-80 mil NW, depending on circumstances. I may be an utter noob in RB3d, but I am not that here. #2 turbo and #1 in reg thank you very much.
It is said that when Rincewind dies the occult ability of the entire human race will go up by a fraction. -Terry Pratchett

cloud says: I'm pretty sure I'm immune to everything that I can be immune to...brb snorting anthrax.

Sticker334 says(Peace Alliance): OMG! HOBOES

Holby

I will not deleted this