nanowrimo failure

Started by Aqualis, May 02, 2005, 09:27:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aqualis

Please ignore spelling errors.

Vote now, vote often.

And all that jazz.

--------------------------------------------

The planet itself is called Grantion. It does not revolve around the sun and is not round. The sun revovles around it, it's flat, and it's the center of the univers. No one has ever found the edges so it's commonly held to be infinite in area. Even though the people don't know this, they are correct in their assumption; Grantion has no edges.

The senate building, where all the most important people in the government work, is on the original continent, Trenton. Trenton is approximately 9000 miles long and 2000 miles at it widest point. Running down the center, sort of like a spine, is a chain or mountains know as the Cathedrals, named for the incredibly large carverns found throughout.

The rest of the island has numorous cities, the largest of which is Faust, which just so happens to have been the first city ever built by man. Amazing, no? It is also the location of the senate building and many other govermental type buildings. It's population is somewhere just north of 500 million. The city is located on the western coast near the middle of the islands length.

It's generall warm all year round on Trenton, but in the mountains the temperature drop dramtically. Few people live about 20,000 feet, but those that do are considered insane by the rest of the world.

There are other islands and continents, too. Seventeen continents and 473 islands have been discovered. The smallest of the islands is only 200 square feet, and anything smaller is just considered to be a large pile of rocks in the middle of the ocean.

Speaking of the Ocean, it's big. And wet. But you probly could have figured that out on your own. Man hasn't yet been able to go into the deepest parts of the ocean, or even reach them with sonar, but they know it goes father because several research vessels have been dragged down by large sea monsters. The deepest recorded transmission from one such ship, came from the Deep Sinker at 73,572 feet. It went like this,"Nononono, we will dump your oil into the ocean and drink your tequila." It's doesn't make any sense unless you know that it was a recording of the wildly popular "Frank with Frank" radio show. Apparently they were fans.

Where was I? Ah, yes, the Ocean. People simply call it "The Ocean", since there is really only one, but scientist and geographers insist on subdividing it in to various smaller sections. The Alpich, the Brounc, the Fashtion, the Goup, the Soup, the Doup, and various others. I should point out the the geographer the name the Goup, Soup, and Doup was rather insance and had a fetish for the "oup" sounds. He was locked up in a mental institute for 67 years before his death in 23947. There are 43 current subsections.

There is only one government, and it's it quite incredible. First there are five people at the very top with their individual staffs and their staff's staff. Then there is the senate, which is populated by 3700 senators each with their own staff constitency. Some of the senators inherit there posts in a monarchial sort of way and some are elected. There are inumerous little political wars between Senators and between their constituencies.

Needless to say, it doesn't alway run smootly, with 3700 opinions flopping about. The five Heads are elected by their fellow senators and then their vacancies filled by someone else as they take their more important but subdues place in governement. The Senate has more power than the Heads, and can overrule the Heads in anything; but the Heads pretty much run everything because of the inherent impossibilities in getting 3700 people to agree on anything. But, when they do it usually benefits the entire population. Except in the case of the "Commitee for the Forced Eradication of Stars".

Theres quite a story behind that that could fill a whole book of it's own, but not this one. This tome is here to chronical something far great than the Committee for the Eradication of Stars. We should begin now, before it's over and we miss it all while trying to explain the intricacies of the toaster oven. Which is quite fascinating, if I do say so myself.
"Less talky, more drivey." ~Hawk, Applegeeks Issue #161

~the mighta awualis

windhound

hehe..
yes

tis spiffy..  and readable..  thats very important..  physics books are (for some undeterminable reason) unreadable
A Goldfish has an attention span of 3 seconds...  so do I
~ In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded ~
There are only 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't

The Lady Shael

Heh, that was great. ^_^ You got much farther than I did, I think I had 25 words down...>.<
~The Lady Shael Varonne the Benevolent of the Southern Islands, First Empress of Mossflower Country, and Commandress of the Daughters of Delor

RWLers, your wish is my command...as long as it complies with the rules.

Aqualis

That was exactly half. It was the preface. After that my story jumped off a cliff.

~the mighta awualis

Nohcnonk

Aqualis

^.-

Too long?

Summary:

Ocean, deep and wet. Frank with Frank from Deep Sinker. Toaster Ovens.

~the mighta awualis

Golden

Opps...... I didn't see the story I just though what was below was vote noe vote often and all the jazz, so i said you an idiot........guess I'm the idiot.

So that's why that cat has a point.

Aqualis

Quote from: GoldenOpps...... I didn't see the story I just though what was below was vote noe vote often and all the jazz, so i said you an idiot........guess I'm the idiot.

So that's why that cat has a point.
LOL

That's funny.

~the mighta awualis