Bug

Started by Gen. Volkov, February 19, 2005, 05:44:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gen. Volkov

Did you know that you shouldn't be able to join dead clans? And the asst. should not be able to remove himself. I won't accuse you of cheating anymore. But it is bug exploiting in my book unless you can honestly say that you didn't know dead clans shouldn't be able to be joined. And if you can honestly say that, I'll call you something else.
It is said that when Rincewind dies the occult ability of the entire human race will go up by a fraction. -Terry Pratchett

cloud says: I'm pretty sure I'm immune to everything that I can be immune to...brb snorting anthrax.

Sticker334 says(Peace Alliance): OMG! HOBOES

Deathclaw

It let me join the clan, so I did it. No where in the rules does it state I can't do what I did, so I wasn't cheating. The assistant should be able to remove himself.
Glory, Glory, Man United!

Maximus Preliator

But when the leader is dead, the assitant should be made leader. So there is a bug, because your not becoming leader.

wolf bite

I think I know what caused the bug. As the leader dies, the next in line is moved up to leader. When the last person in the clan is killed, the clan is dead. But the game assumes that the person will be notified of their death. And on that notification the clan dies. But as I remember, Freelancer (#265) was a ? ah ? questionable player. So he never singed in to find out that he was dead. He must have been told that he was dead by someone in the game (as I give the benefit that he was a real person). So that left him as an ?Uninformed Dead? for all this time. The program assumes that all people will sign on to find that they have been killed. Thus his clan is still active. There is the bug. The Uninformed Dead should be changed to ?Informed Dead? after some time.

Wolf Bite
Grand Master Wolf Bite
Wolf Pack =  Klowd19, Blood Wake, Sonoras, Giggles

Deathclaw

Freelancer is a real person. His forum account is Badrang the Tyrant, he has some Freelancer stuff in his profile, so he is a real person Wolf.
Glory, Glory, Man United!

Maximus Preliator

So there is a bug. So no more exploiting it than Jason. And this brings up the problem of an inactive coder.  

wolf bite

okay, so he was real, sorry.

This has never come up in the 2+ years of Redwall. Retto IS working on it.

Wolf Bite
Grand Master Wolf Bite
Wolf Pack =  Klowd19, Blood Wake, Sonoras, Giggles

Nohcnonk

Aww...

Guess we'll have to kill your guys some other way...