Goodbye RWL

Started by Death Eater, February 20, 2005, 06:31:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Death Eater

Thus, after spending a good part of a year playing this game, I have finally decided that I'm done. An inactive admin and an extremely low playerbase (I think only 25 players are active in reg) aren' t the only reasons I'm leaving. School is getting demanding, and my life in general needs more time. I must say, i've had a good time here at RWL, for the most part. Clanned with many different ppl. Won a set at Turbo. You can't win Reg, but when the game did end, I was always top ten (too bad I didn't learn about pressgang until they change was made, LOL).

Anywayz, this place has kinda losted its pazazz. People have left. Forum has become absolutely dead. Action has become incredibly dull. Woof has been in first for the better part of this era, and until today, we have been unchallenged. If you didn't know, I died a few hours ago, which is ONE of the reasons I'm not going to re-create. In fact, I really played this era to help volkov out with woof, and my goal was accomplished.

And to those who killed me (shadow clan, ugh), I'll give you the satisfaction that you killed me with 45 billion on me, and another 10 mil mana which I woulda converted to around 30 bil. So, 75 bil. Not too shabby.

Finally, I want to thank a few people I have met here who merit my respect. They include:

juska
peace alliance
volkov
wolf snare
wolf bite
nohc (my favourite empire to attack :P )

and if I missed anyone, they know. I'll edit it if I remember.

So long RWL. I hope you don't become like Hack Infiltration and disappear.

Laters. Oh, and I may stop by from time to time, if you don't mind.
user posted image

RazorClaw

Bye, Death Eater. Sad to see you go. You've always been a contributing forum-member, and a great player. *waves* Beaver dam, everybody's leaving. This place is dead. Pretty soon it'll be just me, making tons of topics to get 5000 posts...  

Gen. Volkov

Yes it will Razor.. because I'm leaving the game. Again. LOL. But its really not that funny. I have pretty much the same reasons DE does. I'm fed up with this place. And schoolwork is piling up, and I can't afford to spend as much time as I would like here. Deahtclaw won't fess up to his exploitation of the dead clan bug. That's annoying, but not in and of itself a good reason to leave. But the game has gotten boring. the forums have gotten boring. And I just don't care enough anymore. I may come back and play a bit over the summer, but I'd rather do stuff with my friends. Plus I have to do more stuff around the house and this is interfereing with that. And I don't even wanna know what it'll be like when I have a job. I don't have the addiction that Peace and Shael have. And I can't afford to develop it. So this is goodbye for now. I'll prolly still visit the forums from time to time, but no more playing the game. Sorry Woof, it was fun, but it was over anyway.

Now, some people I'd like to thank for making this a fun place for me.
Juska, you may be a ruthless SOB, but you are certainly fun to play with.
Death Eater, thanks for being a stolid clan member and sticking with me.
Peace Alliance, we still have that deal going you know, and thanks for entertaining me with your peculiar sense of humor.
Razorclaw, you may be a pain in the rear, but your lively debates were certainly a source fo pleasure, just do try to remember not to be as pig-headed in the future.
Snare, you may have wavered a bit, but overall you were a good member of woof.
And to everyone else, you made my time here fun. I won't say who I respect and who I don't, because that would jus tmake people mad.

So to all. So long, it's been fun.
And no I'm not doing this just for the attention. Its more so you guys don't wonder in a few months, hey, where'd Volkov go?
It is said that when Rincewind dies the occult ability of the entire human race will go up by a fraction. -Terry Pratchett

cloud says: I'm pretty sure I'm immune to everything that I can be immune to...brb snorting anthrax.

Sticker334 says(Peace Alliance): OMG! HOBOES

Deathclaw

Sad to see you go... you'll be back, it's hard to stay away.  
Glory, Glory, Man United!

Gen. Volkov

Meh. Maybe. I'm hoping I'm not as addicted as Shael and Peace. Those poor souls. Bye DC. It was fun.
It is said that when Rincewind dies the occult ability of the entire human race will go up by a fraction. -Terry Pratchett

cloud says: I'm pretty sure I'm immune to everything that I can be immune to...brb snorting anthrax.

Sticker334 says(Peace Alliance): OMG! HOBOES

Deathclaw

Sad to see you go. Come back and play occasionally. You'll still be on AOL, so we won't completely lose touch. It's been fun.  
Glory, Glory, Man United!

Peace Alliance

A game with very lively and active forum admins, what has been in the past a very interested and contributive comminuty, should NOT go down simply because we've got an inactive game admin *curses retto under his breath*

i don't want either of you to leave, so i'm not saying goodbye *slumps away*

Juska

Thanks Gen. I probably won't be posting or playing competively for a while, between Runescape and Warcraft I don't have any free time, baseball coming up too so that'll take another 2 hours out of everyday.
Current Empires:

RtR: Juskabally #19

DemonSlavers

yes yes buh bye and i am back... i have been gone for quite some time now..
allo i am Demonslavers.  Feel welcome to P.M me anytime

Aim: Babylocke991

Email: Lockedapimp12@yahoo.com

The # 1 Turbo Playa'

RazorClaw

This sucks. A lot. As if the situation of the game weren't bad enough... Happy to see you back, Demon, I'm sure.

David

(sorry, but I can't think of a word to use) the person who made runescape! That game gave me a friggen Virus..

Any, it's sad ta see ya both go.... Volkov and DE, i had fun annoying you both on AIM, Specially you Volkov :rolleyes:  :D  

Aqualis

"Less talky, more drivey." ~Hawk, Applegeeks Issue #161

~the mighta awualis

Death Eater

Quote from: Peace AllianceA game with very lively and active forum admins, what has been in the past a very interested and contributive comminuty, should NOT go down simply because we've got an inactive game admin *curses retto under his breath*

i don't want either of you to leave, so i'm not saying goodbye *slumps away*
I just want to let you know that retto isn't the only reason I'm leaving...heck, he's hardly a speck in my reasoning. I just don't want you to get the wrong ideas. However, I cannot say the same for others...
user posted image

Peace Alliance

Well, you aren't the only reason i came to that conclusion either ;)

Ashyra Nightwing

Bye, I guess... You know, sometimes I feel like leaving just so I won't have to see RWL die. But I stick around, because I feel like I have to. I've been here for more than two years, I've made some great friends...

It's been spiffy seeing you here, Death Eater! I wish I still had AIM... :)