This round

Started by wolf bite, January 07, 2005, 10:38:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wolf bite

Besides a little net worth jumping bug, this round seems to be working fine. We (I just love to say ?we? when Retto does 99% of the work) had to set the minimums and maximums for all the new things that can be sold.

Let us know if things are not moving at their bottom price because it is too expensive and no one is willing to buy at that price.

Let us know if no one is putting things on the market because the maximum price is too cheap and no one is willing to sell for that price.

Thanks,

Wolf Bite
Grand Master Wolf Bite
Wolf Pack =  Klowd19, Blood Wake, Sonoras, Giggles

Peace Alliance

networth jumping bug?

is that how wolf snare is keepin up with me?

wolf bite

or how you are keeping up with him. hehe.

I am adjusting the nets a few times a day.

Wolf Bite
Grand Master Wolf Bite

RazorClaw

Not much on the market, and all is overpriced... 1B for 400 acres, hehe.  

Gen. Volkov

Er are you now wolf bite? What's the problem with leaving the nets as is?
It is said that when Rincewind dies the occult ability of the entire human race will go up by a fraction. -Terry Pratchett

cloud says: I'm pretty sure I'm immune to everything that I can be immune to...brb snorting anthrax.

Sticker334 says(Peace Alliance): OMG! HOBOES

Juska

U the guy who bought my land off the market?

I sell land leader and loyalty regualry people, it may cost you an arm and leg, but their on there.

Whenever you remove good from the market your net skyrockets, then it comes down again. This one time Only 55% of my net was accounted for in my netowrth make-up.

PA, maybe Wolf Snare actually has some skill.
Current Empires:

RtR: Juskabally #19

Peace Alliance

Haven't been using the market... at least not more then usual.

and juska, you know darn well its my skill that keeps me on top.  

wolf bite

Quote from: Gen. VolkovEr are you now wolf bite? What's the problem with leaving the nets as is?
I am not fully sure what the jumping of net is caused by. From what I can tell, sometimes if people put some types of things on the market, their net will reflect what they have on the market times 2 until the turns change, then will reduce to reflect as if they still had what is on the market as net. Then I hit random buttons and everything is fine again.

I am not changing the value of things if that is what you think I meant.

Wolf Bite
(Admin Duties)
Grand Master Wolf Bite

Gen. Volkov

Ah I see. LOL. I thought you were taking away troops or something. That is strange.
It is said that when Rincewind dies the occult ability of the entire human race will go up by a fraction. -Terry Pratchett

cloud says: I'm pretty sure I'm immune to everything that I can be immune to...brb snorting anthrax.

wolf bite

Notice!!!

The high and low price for land has been adjusted. Maybe this will make it more active. It is hard for us to figure out what things that have never had a value are worth. Test it out and let us know if this is working better for you.

Wolf Bite
(Admin Duties)
Grand Master Wolf Bite

Wolf Snare

Quote from: wolf biteNotice!!!

The high and low price for land has been adjusted. Maybe this will make it more active. It is hard for us to figure out what things that have never had a value are worth. Test it out and let us know if this is working better for you.

Wolf Bite
(Admin Duties)
I decided to be a marauder and put 9k land on the market.

problem is, thanks to the new prices, it can all be bought for under 1B.
hehe.
1. Fire Bringer (#22)
1. Jaturungkabart (#12)
1. Estranged (#50)
1. Fierce Deity (#17) 
1. bored... (#98)
1. Versace (#24)
1. Noah Calhoun (#10)
1. Day Old Hate (#7)
1. The Grand Optimist (#12)
1. Beast Mode (#7)

Gen. Volkov

Heh. So that's why your net dropped so much.

Nohcnonk

I think we should keep the market the way it is for at least one more round so that we can "set" prices for things.  That way people will know how much to put them up for on the market.

wolf bite

We had found that selling land for such a high price allowed for a strategy that was unintended. A person could grab a bunch of land, build all huts as they took turns to build leaders, then sell all their excess land down to their best possible ratio. This would leave the player with an unbreakable ratio. When they next took turns, they would have 80% of their land back and could immediately put it all into huts, thus saving any leader loss from loss of land attacks. Then build more land, repeat. The benefit to this unintended strategy, which few noticed, would make them almost unbeatable. Further, it was taking much needed land off out of the game so no one was using it when waiting to go to the market or sitting there at a price no one would pay.

The problem is that we don?t want to make land too cheap or people will be robbing themselves by selling it, and still the maximum price should be a price that people would be willing to buy it at. I think we found a better in between on this.

Keep us informed how it is working for you. Please give ideas on what you think land sould be valued at.

Wolf Bite
Grand Master Wolf Bite

Nohcnonk

Could you tell us the min/max cost we can put each good at?