Power of the RWL president.

Started by wolf bite, December 14, 2004, 07:00:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wolf bite

Lets bring this all back to earth. Months ago, your friendly Admins wanted to liven up the forums with some kind of race, we had talked about all kinds of things that might be fun for everyone, and decided to make a Presidential race because it was topical in the USA government at the time.  We had yet to decide what the winner would get.

Then after talking about it, we decided that the winners would get:
Their own highlighted names.
They would have their own forum were any concern from the members would be addressed even if it was avoided by us in the past.
They would be given the opportunity to be the organizers for a new game guide.
They would have direct input to change the word filters.
And after 5 weeks, the position would expire.

I call them the VBA (Vermin Body Association). The Admins do not work for them and they can not dictate how the forum or games are run. But your concerns that you want the Staff to address can go through them to have our undivided ears.

As to the Reg forum addition. My first post in the admin secrete forum was to subject that non-game topics not be posted in the same place as reg discussion.  When Kill supplied a list of suggestions, I posted that I had been in favor of that in the past. Shael read that topic and felt she had the backing to make a very logical decision and make the forum.

I hope this clears things up.

Wolf Bite
Grand Master Wolf Bite
Wolf Pack =  Klowd19, Blood Wake, Sonoras, Giggles

Peace Alliance

A president, much like a school president, is an elected rep for us at RWL who can vioce the peoples opinion correct? what if he is voicing an opinion that the general populas doesn't concent to? disregarding our opinions...

Vengerak

You're saying that Kilk is what, Dr Dolfuss?

Nohcnonk

Well, Kilk should do what we want him to or he'll never be elected again...

We kinda voted him in.  5 weeks isn't that long anyway.

wolf bite

What if you elect a senator that does not voice the thought you want? I know that you, Peace, did not vote for him, but over 50% of the people did. So he has won, there will be no recount. Please work with it as you would want Kilk to work with you had you won.

And also, since the only power they have that does not go fully past the Admins is the word filters, and the Admins also know what is going on, I don?t think there will be wild movements.

Wolf Bite
Grand Master Wolf Bite
Wolf Pack =  Klowd19, Blood Wake, Sonoras, Giggles

Gen. Volkov

Well there's always impeachment. He's supposed to be voicing OUR opinions. Not forming a little clique with the Admins.
It is said that when Rincewind dies the occult ability of the entire human race will go up by a fraction. -Terry Pratchett

cloud says: I'm pretty sure I'm immune to everything that I can be immune to...brb snorting anthrax.

Sticker334 says(Peace Alliance): OMG! HOBOES