About Death...

Started by Nohcnonk, October 21, 2004, 01:56:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nohcnonk

Um, I died.  And it says that I don't have a user.  Aren't you supposed to be able to log in and see who killed you etc.?

Edit: Ok, someone told me some things and it said I had no user, so I thought I was dead.  I haven't used turns for a while, but I log in several times a day.  Can you still get deleted from inactivity for that?

wolf bite

Yes. Logging in does not keep you alive, you must take at least one turn every 3 days (or less). I can not fix your old account without a great reason why you could not even log in. (IE: your house was taken away in a big wind and you have the news clippings) You don't have it because you did log in. Sorry.

Wolf Bite
(Admin Duties)
Grand Master Wolf Bite
Wolf Pack =  Klowd19, Blood Wake, Sonoras, Giggles

Veranor

Quote from: wolf biteYes. Logging in does not keep you alive, you must take at least one turn every 3 days (or less). I can not fix your old account without a great reason why you could not even log in. (IE: your house was taken away in a big wind and you have the news clippings) You don't have it because you did log in. Sorry.

Wolf Bite
(Admin Duties)
He logged in, he didn't run turns. If you're number 1 by 100million, you shouldn't be forced to run turns. The game should also warn you. Cause he logged in, I saw him, he just didn't run turns.
#127.0.0.1 rovl.org

Nohcnonk

Exactly.  If you're #1, and you have tons of troops but can't use turns or you'll lose the #1 spot, you basically can't do anything if you want to become emperor.  Or for whatever reason.  I'm fine with dying, but I don't know why the rule is there in the first place.

wolf bite

Wrong. Even more so it taking turns important if you are in first place and have a large army you should be forced to use turns and spend money to do so. Otherwise we would just have a ton of people net to the top and sit.

You are right, the game does not warn people, however it has been stated what the rules about inactivity are many times in the forums.

Frankly, it is not within my powers to make any exception to how Retto has been enforcing the rules. I will exercise my powers as I feel Retto would in each situation with no favoritism.

Wolf Bite
Grand Master Wolf Bite
Wolf Pack =  Klowd19, Blood Wake, Sonoras, Giggles

Veranor

Quote from: wolf biteWrong. Even more so it taking turns important if you are in first place and have a large army you should be forced to use turns and spend money to do so. Otherwise we would just have a ton of people net to the top and sit.

You are right, the game does not warn people, however it has been stated what the rules about inactivity are many times in the forums.

Frankly, it is not within my powers to make any exception to how Retto has been enforcing the rules. I will exercise my powers as I feel Retto would in each situation with no favoritism.

Wolf Bite
But he logged in and on some cases messaged people. Also running turns with a high upkeep when you don't have to is called stupid. And he was going to get hit, so it's not like he's "sitting there" by your logic he should have gone into protection and come out the last day. And the fact that it's posted on the forums is stupid as well because if you're someone who doesn't read the forums, you're SOL.

Same thing with that stupid "must delete first after you're killed".

So I've added a new strategy for winning the game:

1. Get up by a huge amount of net.
2. Go into protection so you don't die of inactivity and you can't be hit

"But that's not fair, now he can't be hit!"

Well if you play fair and don't go into vacation you'll get deleted for not using turns. That is the stupidest thing ever. If I go into protection and act like a cheap jerk, I win, but if I don't go into protection and try to let people hit me, I suffer and die.  
#127.0.0.1 rovl.org

Nohcnonk

You know that doing nothing won't get you anywhere, don't you?  Others will pass you by if you don't do something, so taking no turns isn't such a cheap move.  I agree with Veranor too about going on Vacation to keep anyone from attacking you.  That'd be what I'd do if I was really just sitting there.

*waits for Retto to read this*