Game Changes

Started by Peace Alliance, September 22, 2004, 10:04:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Peace Alliance

i'm likin the work jerktard right now...

anyways, the changes i'm suggesting are as follows:

- Food Net value be significently lowered
- food storage capacity be lowered to less then military (lowering how much food you can store on the market)
- towers be worth more defense, and give more of a bonus to defense (reason being most offensive ratios are 90+ and defensice are 10-)

Feel free to post how much you think the changes should be, like how much lower food should be worth.

Naltaca

I agree. I think it would be a fun new style of game play to try out. Members would have to devise new strategies and I think it would make for a fun game. On the issue of food being lowered, I think it should be lowered down to the networth of money. Food and money are both equal resources more or less.
COOL STORY BRO

wolf bite

oh yeah, lets change the game to take away the downfalls in Peace's stat and increase the good parts.  Can we also make rats massing easier and give peace 2 times the turns?

Wolf Bite
Grand Master Wolf Bite
Wolf Pack =  Klowd19, Blood Wake, Sonoras, Giggles

Ashyra Nightwing

Erk. Leave food the way it is, please...

windhound

methinks that could actually make Turbo a bit more fun, but leave Reg..  I needs my food there ^_^
A Goldfish has an attention span of 3 seconds...  so do I
~ In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded ~
There are only 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't

Guthorm Swordmaster

I like this one
- towers be worth more defense, and give more of a bonus to defense (reason being most offensive ratios are 90+ and defensice are 10-)

Checkerpaw

I agree.  Make the game more defensive-orientated for once.  Make it easier to hold land and harder to capture it.
Highest rank in Regular: #6 (August '08)

Highest rank in Turbo: #1 (July  '09) as The NKVD
Highest finish in Turbo: #4 (August '09) as The NKVD

Also played as: Roadkill Collector (June '08) Gotten Smart (July), Mr. Holmes (August), That's What She Said (September)

Ashaman

I agree with Peace.  I made several posts early in the set suggesting several changes but since I'm new, no one took me seriously.  Glad to have an actual "vet" of this game made up this post.  

-Grains: should worth next to nothing.  Have upkeep on grains.
-PM Storage: limit to 60-70 hours.  No remove option.  Items will auto return after 60-70 hours if not sold.
-Towers: dont need to increase its defensive point.  This game only have a few units and unit strength already not that great.  Most servers have a juggernaut unit worth 5 offensive points (here we have weasels only 2 offensive point), Zeps worth 7 offensive points (here Stoats only 5).   In beginning, with a 7 offensive point zep units massing, it would be hard enough to break a Tower horde.  Here, it would be even tougher.  Also, maybe make Tower has to be manned for it to work?

Peace Alliance

Quote from: wolf biteoh yeah, lets change the game to take away the downfalls in Peace's stat and increase the good parts.  Can we also make rats massing easier and give peace 2 times the turns?

Wolf Bite
This coming from one of the proud developers of the newest version. of course you would defend a game you designed. Besides, some of my points you can't argue with, you can't tell me that defense is in any way equal to offense, just look at the ratios.

Yeah, ashaman, i've made many posts like this, and talked to retto like a bazillion times on MSN, but more of my idea's get rejected  then accepted... which is probably partially a good thing, because if you added every single idea i have for the game to the game, it would be way to complex O.o

Orcrist

I like all the ideas listed except the PM limit- you should be allowed to store troops for as long as you want, because it's near impossible to secretly horde troops any other way...

Edit- also, let's just try some clan storage, as it would make it possible for clans to work better together...
~Orcrist~

"We will win the war...it is a simple case of mathematics." -Samuel Grant

Peace Alliance

it would also mean that if your part of a clan, your gonna want to actually be IN the clan, unlike a few sworn members. thats a good idea.

and the PM storage limit would be cool with food, because the only reason from storing it is for a NW boost at the end of the round, which isn't actually playing the game. with military, you wanna store it so that maybe in the future you can take it off and make a surprise attack, you can't store military for a NW boost because you can only store 25%, thus if you wanna have a 25 mil rat boost at the end, you would have had to had 100 million rats at some point during the game. so maybe the PM storage only needs to apply to food?

ah well, it wasn't in the poll anyways.

Juska

Wolf Bite that really didn't seem like you.....

Food: How about lower the max price to $20? Same with troops, right now people can Horde skiffs at $7500 and no one will ever buy them. I say: $800 max on rats $1700 max on weasels $3200 max on stoats, and $4200 max on skiffs, that or make your goods return to you in 96 hours on reg. and 48 hours on turbo.

Also some kind of upkeep should be placed on food depending on how much you have and what amount of your net that food makes up.

Towers: 500 def, and make rats and weasels man them.
Current Empires:

RtR: Juskabally #19

Nohcnonk

The towers one is ok, but food net just cut in half, and I like the current food-put-on-market dealy.

Myrhakel

Meh. I agree with Wolf Bite. Leave the game the way it is.  
The man
Of virtuous soul commands not, nor obeys:
Power, like a desolating pestilence,
Pollutes whate'er it touches, and obedience,
Bane of all genius, virtue, freedom, truth,
Makes slaves of men, and, of the human frame,
A mechanised automaton.

Percy Bysshe Shelley

user posted image

Germania

Return it to first age code. Then travel to the present.  :rolleyes: