Flordia Residents

Started by Morzan, September 17, 2004, 05:03:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Morzan

Guys, I know some people who live in the Hurricane State (hehe) are here (exp: NEobaron) but what about like Shael? Does anyone know if she made it through? I mean she hasn't been in like over a week and a half, and she posts at least once every two days! I am hoping she is ok, but is their any contact with her or any of the others?
For every end, there is a new beginning.  This one shall have no endings, and no new beginnings shall come forth.

~Magnus Proditor~

Veranor

Quote from: MorzanGuys, I know some people who live in the Hurricane State (hehe) are here (exp: NEobaron) but what about like Shael? Does anyone know if she made it through? I mean she hasn't been in like over a week and a half, and she posts at least once every two days! I am hoping she is ok, but is their any contact with her or any of the others?
I talked to her on IM and she made a post in the help/dev forum like a day or two ago.
#127.0.0.1 rovl.org

wolf bite

Neo? I don't think those little 1900s bi-planes can hold up to large winds.
Come to think of it, I wonder if the spit and glue comes off in water?

Wolf Bite
Grand Master Wolf Bite
Wolf Pack =  Klowd19, Blood Wake, Sonoras, Giggles

Peace Alliance

lol

oh well, no worries, i made it through the hurricains. up here we had a WHOLE DAY of rain!! It was record amounts of rain!!

windhound

rofl Peace, I'm sure up in canada hurricanes are quite common..

I was just looking at some pictures and video from the storm's path..  amazing destruction..  some parts of florida may be out of power for somthin like 6 weeks..  that would /not/ be fun..  
some estimate that it may take up to two full years for some parts to recover from this..  whole buildings wiped out, including schools and other government buildings..   roads cracked and somtimes picked up and moved..  
and we're supposed to be getting regular hurricanes like this during hurricane season for the next 30ish years..  too much fun..  -.-

g'luck to all involved..  
*pictures Neo in his WWI era plane flying about in the hurricane*
^_^  as long as it wasnt washible glue it should be fine, the spit, however, probably needs to be replaced...  
A Goldfish has an attention span of 3 seconds...  so do I
~ In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded ~
There are only 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't

The Lady Shael

*waves her arm but apparently nobody notices* I've actually been posting on this forum since Monday, when my internet connection came back on. We got power back on Sunday, which means we were left more than a week without power.

The frustrating thing was, we were the only house in the neighborhood without power for more than 4 days, and that's because a stupid pine tree fell on our power line. I mean, what are the chances of that happening?

As to damage to our personal property, we're all fine. We have a /ton/ of trees(mostly pine) on our property, so we spent the day after the hurricane ended picking hundreds of branches, leaves, and limbs scattered all OVER our yard. It was a complete mess. A couple trees were uprooted too, not pine, but they weren't in the front of our yard so we weren't all that worried about it.

No damage at all to the house. Which is good. However, right after the hurricane, it looked like a hurricane struck inside our house too, because everything was so messy. Wires everywhere, a mattress on the floor, just all these household things which had to be relocated so we could live without power, and air conditioning. Gosh, that was horrible. If you weren't sitting in front of a fan, you were sweating. We had a generator, but it's powered by gas, so we had to ration it. And, it can only run so many appliances at one time. During the storm, we only turned it on at mealtimes, so we could heat up food, and afterwards, when we could go out and buy more gas, we had it on pretty much all the time.

We were very lucky. We went out looking at the damage of other places after the hurricane, which wasn't severe or anything, but still very noticeable. Even now, two weeks after, it's not unusual to see people with tarped roofs because their shingles blew off. There's a lot of people with water damage in their homes. You can't tell from driving around, but you can hear people complaining about it, how their ceiling collapsed, etc. The only thing I've seen totaled so far is a strip of buildings by the river. The sad part is, that's where I take karate lessons. It was horrible, looking inside. It was a complete mess, the ceiling tiles had gotten all soaked and crumbled, shelves were leaning, and other places on the building were just falling apart.  
~The Lady Shael Varonne the Benevolent of the Southern Islands, First Empress of Mossflower Country, and Commandress of the Daughters of Delor

RWLers, your wish is my command...as long as it complies with the rules.

Ashyra Nightwing

You don't get hurricanes in Britain... Which is a very good thing..