4th of July

Started by Aqualis, July 04, 2004, 09:53:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aqualis

Happy Fourth!!!!

Bottle rockets, sparklers, and fire crackers. Hehe, I love this holiday!
"Less talky, more drivey." ~Hawk, Applegeeks Issue #161

~the mighta awualis

Myrhakel

What's there to celebrate? Portugal lost the EuroCup. *sobs*
The man
Of virtuous soul commands not, nor obeys:
Power, like a desolating pestilence,
Pollutes whate'er it touches, and obedience,
Bane of all genius, virtue, freedom, truth,
Makes slaves of men, and, of the human frame,
A mechanised automaton.

Percy Bysshe Shelley

user posted image

windhound

big fireworks are outlawed in North Carolina, so what do some do?  go just over the boarder to where the streets are lined with fireworks stores and stock up, bring them home, and shoot them off..  same with lottery tickets..  and the state wonders why it has trouble with funds..  geez..  idiots in government trying to protect the common idiot, who never-the-less is intent on harming themselves via exposives or wastes of cash..  bleah..  

hrm, yup, 4th of July is fun..  store sales and free american flags..  XD
Trained people sponsored by the state are allowed to fire off fireworks, but thoes events are always so crouded that my family decided to skip them this year..  ah well..  hehe..  

Best part of the Fourth?  I get a free Monday!  
A Goldfish has an attention span of 3 seconds...  so do I
~ In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded ~
There are only 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't

The Lady Shael

*sulks* Went out to watch the local Symphony Orchestra and fireworks, and then it got really dark and cloudy and it poured. And I got stuck on the side under the umbrella where the wind was blowing, so even though I was technically under the umbrella, I didn't actually get a chance to be dry. So not fun.

But on the way home I saw about 5 different fireworks shows in the distance, so I saw fireworks anyway, crazy people, trying to get electrocuted....

And yeah, here it's illegal to buy your own fireworks and shoot them off for any reason except scaring birds in a crop field. *rolls eyes* Of course we saw tons of those on the way home, cops just ignore 'em....it's their fault if they get blown up...
~The Lady Shael Varonne the Benevolent of the Southern Islands, First Empress of Mossflower Country, and Commandress of the Daughters of Delor

RWLers, your wish is my command...as long as it complies with the rules.

VinnieOlle

We put on a show this year. $900 of Illegal Fireworks how fun. Are whole neighborhood was at the house (we had to invite them so they wouldnt call the cops about them and the noise). I spent the daylight hours with about 200 feet of firecrackers, ladyfingers,and jumpingjack.Plus all the other ground stuff like flowers, tanks, mini M-80s (only because the real things arnt even for sale). When it got dark but we were still waiting for the show i did about 20 roman candles (my favorite).It was a 1 and a half hour drive to the 10,000 sq. ft. Phantom Fireworks store . We just drove carefully home trying not to get caught and slowly pulled pasted the cops at the store trying to catch people. Well we made it had a good time and well just had a lot of fun!  

Ashyra Nightwing

Er... Happy 4th July, Americans!

Aqualis

Quote from: windhoundgo just over the boarder to where the streets are lined with fireworks stores and stock up, bring them home, and shoot them off..
That's how we got ours. Nothing big though. I still haven't figured out why they think they need to protect us. It's not their job.
"Less talky, more drivey." ~Hawk, Applegeeks Issue #161

~the mighta awualis

Sonoras

Tanks are really fun, fountains suck, big bashizoobies are fun too!

sanaru

fire crackers, bottle rockets,and tnt blasts, and half stick smoking crackers are the only cool ones