Indignation and Hypocrisy

Started by Lereac, May 06, 2004, 04:33:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lereac

Edit: forget this bit.

Now, indignation.

Previously I kept my indignation private, and I simply contacted Retto via AIM to change HYouth's name...  Now I want to make it public.

Somebody has called themselves Slager von den Frauen (not bothering with the Umlauds).  That pretty much means Person who Beats Women.  Happy, no?  Now, I don't expect any of you to know German, but for me, this is going too far...  It makes me feel sick.

Trogdor 22

Maybe Juby didn't know about someone named Schlager von den Frauen or HYouth. What are you trying to accomplish? Are you trying to make people angry, or are you just whiney?  
Hooray for Santa!
user posted image

Juby (Tercios)

There was a huge debate about that months ago, I was offended by that two considering the nazi's were trying to kill eastern europeans too, that debate spiraled into a huge debate where people went after me for being a communist, I am very offended by this post because you called me a hypocrit because you were ignorant.

Edit:  Also I never noticed a Hyouth person, you should know that I never look at people below the top 25 so I would not be aware of it.  Here's an idea, be mad at the 3rdReich clan instead of being mad at me cause I didn't defend you fast enough even though I defended you so fast it was months before you knew you needed to be defended.  :lol:

edit again: and just because people are unaware that it is a racial slur does not make it okay or make it less serious, how dare you mock my people by treating our racial slurs with such flippancy.
Real Betis? ? -? ? Tottenham Hotspurs? ? -? ? Partizan Beograd? ? -? ? Hannover 96

wolf bite

I am against all that attempt genocide (the killing off of a race) and against discrimination in all forms.

But I am also not overly happy with name-calling. Lets keep this on topic, which I believe is asking if there is a double standard.

Wolf Bite
Grand Master Wolf Bite
Wolf Pack =  Klowd19, Blood Wake, Sonoras, Giggles

Juby (Tercios)

Well I'm not sure if that was aimed at me wolf but the most i did was say that he only said those things because he was ignorant (of the fact that I had already addressed this).  I am offended at this topic because it is just a personal attack on me, even if I never addressed the 3rd reich issue (which I did) and even if I knew Hyouth existed (which I didn't) it still does not make it all right that people are throughing around the name Slick Slayer (the bloody clan is back actually).  Why should I be responsible for everyone, as if your getting mad at me for not going after the 3rd reich rather then going after the 3rd reich, I mean why not get off your bum and do a post about these people and then when I was aware I would have supported you, but no, You think I should be there to protect you before you get offended, do it yourself instead of being lazy and being mad at me for not doing all the work for you.  I mean nazi's killed 6 million jews, 3 million non jewish poles, 1.5 million SERBS AND MONTENEGRINS, Half a million BOSNIANS, and half a million roma, and god knows how many russians so I dislike nazism with a passion and it's very personal considering nazi's think they are genetically superior to me.  I think an apologoy is in order, I should not be insulted because you think I should know of every example of racism here, I am not an administrator for god's sakes.
Real Betis? ? -? ? Tottenham Hotspurs? ? -? ? Partizan Beograd? ? -? ? Hannover 96

wolf bite

*was directed to where I saw this going*  

Wanted it to be more non-personal and issue driven. As your last post was.

Wolf Bite
(Adminesh Duties)
Grand Master Wolf Bite
Wolf Pack =  Klowd19, Blood Wake, Sonoras, Giggles

Angst Vulpine

You know Jub, Slick also means shiny and wet, smooth, cool (as in, slang for cool), and several other things not offensive. I am   100 per cent  sure no one meant it as a slur. I don't get why you make things that don't really matter your buisness.

I agree about 3reich, though.

Chex would have something to say about this...*chases after Gandalf*
Angst Vulpine  
-Unofficial forum artist, and resident furry..Now an Unchallanged Retto Fangirl, and owner of teh one and only  Retto Plushie, OtterSocks, Big Plushie Donut, X-mas Wolf Bite Plushie, A Pink Lightsaber (With a flower coming out the end), and a TGF Plushie!

I have the X-mas Wolf Bite plushie. It's mine, no one else has a Wolf Bite plushie, except Teufel, she's got the original one.  Mine's wearing a Santa Hat. <3

Juby (Tercios)

This has already been brought up in the slick slayers topic, slick as an adjective is alright, slick as a noun is bad, Slick slayers in ambigious (could be like smooth killer, or it could be Yugoslav murderer) therefore it should not be used.

Lereac

Ok, sorry for calling you a hypocrite, I was just feeling really mad, because firstly somebody was using German to write an offensive name (and I am German) and secondly because it referred to beating women, and I'm a woman.

But I wasn't saying that you were a hypocrite because of Schlager von den Frauen - I didn't think you knew German.

Again, my apologies.

Juby (Tercios)

that's allright, however I think we should get something done about both are issues, 3rd Reich is there being racist, and slick slayer is back and in turbo, something should be done.

calria

I find it highly ironic that I've been attacked out the ears by 3rd Reich (and am, of course, female, as well as being a full half German... heh... I figured that was what that name meant, but didn't think to say anything...)

When a clan is attacking someone several ranks beneath them with Capture and Sack, without that player originally having ever attacked anyone, EVER, they're over the top anyway. *ahem*